Aluminium Extrusion Manager
overseeing production and scheduling production, overseeing personnel
* Liaising with the technical department.
* Resolving all problems arising in the operating process.
* Communicating with area supervisors for planning and implementing labour requirements, managing promotional activities for identifying issues and implementing countermeasures to resolve issues while providing special instructions, as and when required, at commencement of shift.
* Responsible for all plant activities from intake of raw material to despatch of finished product.
* Ensuring all hygiene and safe systems of work procedures are strictly adhered to while providing appropriate training to workers operating machinery.
* Monitoring, evaluating, tracking and recording staff requirements, labour cost, waste, giveaway and efficiency levels while maintaining continuous process improvement in the areas of reliability, process cycle times, quality and productivity, raw material, stock levels and packaging levels while maintaining KPI's.
* Monitoring, recording and resolving overall equipment efficiencies.
* Ensure WH&S policy is adhered to and a safe working environment maintained at all times.
* Management of AC800 - Fingerprint reader combining door access control systems and time clock systems.
* Monitoring manual handling when producing material to achieve a good recovery (monitoring of wastage).
* Ordering equipment including research for new technologies/sustainable models to ensure world's best practical technology.
* Organising dispatch to ensure deliveries are completed as per customer estimated delivery date and time allocated (EDD).
* Providing staff training including learning and development and procedure update requirements.
* Managing stakeholder consultation while working with company account managers to ascertain requirements of clients.
Comalco - Boyne Smelters
Dairy Farming - New Zealand