Administrative Assistant, Office Manager, Customer Service, Receptionist, Case Manager, Caseworker
I am proficient in Microsoft Office products, type 50 wpm, proficient using 10 key calculator, copiers, fax machines, postage meters, credit card machines and managing multiple phone lines. I have outstanding organizational skills. I also have excellent verbal and written communication skills. I am extremely reliable and work well in a team or independently.
Sealston Elementary School Sixth Grade Teacher
• Developed and implemented sixth grade Language Arts lesson plans that meet the Virginia Standards of Learning and engage students through differentiated instruction and cooperative learning activities.
• Implemented technology in the classroom using Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word in conjunction with lesson plans.
• Developed lesson plans that include instructional and reading best practices to maximize student success.
• Worked collaboratively with other teachers to create effective lessons that meet the learning needs and abilities of all students.
• Modeled and emphasized the importance of reading, vocabulary and education.
• Effectively managed a safe classroom environment so all students can be engaged and contributing members.
Dixon-Smith Middle School
October 2010 - December 2010
• Developed and implemented seventh grade Language Arts lesson plans that met the Virginia Standards of Learning and engaged students through differentiated instruction and cooperative learning activities.
• Implemented technology in the classroom for review games.
• Effectively managed a safe classroom environment so all students could be engaged and contributing members.
King George County Public Schools
November 2009 - June 2013
Corrected written work and left the results for the teacher
Substitute Teacher Middle and Elementary School
2009 - 2011
• Instructed and assisted students to achieve optimum development of skills and knowledge identified by the teacher's lesson plans and instructional material.
• Corrected written work and left the results for the teacher.
• Performed duties common for teachers such as supervising students in the hall, at lunch and going to the bus.
• Supervised a safe classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
Rappahannock Area Community Service Board
August 2007 - June 2009
• Effectively managed an above average client caseload utilizing exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Developed and implemented Individual Service Plans for clients to reach their goals.
• Through interviews, interactions and assessment protocols assessed client's appropriateness for the Drug Treatment Court program and potential needs of individual clients and presented viable opportunities, programs and services for their benefit.
• Effectively listened and communicated as well as adept in problem solving and finding alternative solutions.
• Acted as a liaison between clients and local community agencies as well as advocated for clients.
• Researched and remained abreast of available programs and community services to assist clients.
• Identified and resolved potential issues before they became client crises.
• Collaborated with physicians, clients and family members regarding treatment plans to ensure a holistic approach for success.
• Counseled, coached and monitored client progress while interjecting assistance as required.
• Wrote detailed reports and briefed judges, lawyers and community service providers on client progress.
• Led and facilitated weekly psychosocial education meetings using prepared and self-prepared materials, for discussion topics and creative interactive ideas.
• Maintained detailed client records and achieved an above average Quality Assurance reviews.
• Effectively developed trust and strong rapport motivating clients to recognize and utilize their individual potentials and capabilities.
• Maintained an expanded caseload as a new employee until an additional case manager was recruited.
• Recognized by peers and management as an outstanding that exceeded expectations by receiving the Employee of the Month award first month eligible.
• Held Two Case Management positions at the Rappahannock Community Services Board including Substance Abuse Case Manager and Mental Health Case Manager.
Rappahannock Big Brothers Big Sisters
October 2006 - August 2007
• Managed approximately 40 mentor/mentee pairs and proactively matched mentors to mentees.
• Conducted detailed interviews of children and parents and evaluated information to determine child's suitability as a mentee.
• Performed background checks, reference checks and assessed information to support suitability assessment criteria
• Conducted monthly match support to address development goals of the relationship, child safety, problem resolution, and satisfaction levels of the match relationship.
• Coordinated and planned special events for the University of Mary Washington Campus Pals program.
• Supervised matches and activities for the City Bigs in School program at Walker Grant Middle School.
• Supported volunteers and college interns by providing defined tasks, evaluated and documented their performance.
• Organized and planned activities for matches and special year end recognition celebration.
• Recruited mentor volunteers by attending and speaking at community outreach functions and utilizing newly established community networks.
• Communicated with guidance counselors at local schools to explore new opportunities, pursued new student referrals, coordinated match meetings and disseminated mentoring program details for possible new matches.
• Conducted detailed interviews and evaluated pertinent data to assess and document volunteer's suitability within the mentorship program.
• Administered surveys for the United States Department of Education Grant to assess program performance goals for funding.
• Increased awareness of the agency and program needs through community recruitments and outreach.
• Created databases and spreadsheets to maintain match data and metrics.
Comfort Heating & Cooling Inc
October 1998 - August 2003
• Provided detailed customer service that included scheduling appointments, ordered parts, answered questions and provided written correspondences for 800 plus customers in which 400 plus required proactive coordination efforts of Service agreement Customers.
• Explained and sold Service Agreements.
• Planned and integrated technology proactively to meet organizations and customer needs by creating and maintaining Microsoft Access customer databases and various forms for office use.
• Established and maintained company filing system and files.
• Wrote checks and calculated employee payroll in owner's absence.
• Maintained and ordered office supplies and equipment.
• Administered customer billing and processed customer payments
• Successfully managed small business and approximately 15 employees in owners extended absence.
• Coordinated county inspections for commercial jobs in owner's absence.
• Scheduled and distributed work orders for employees.
ABS Vans, LLC
October 1997 - October 1998
• Successfully managed the office of a small, multifaceted business.
• Communicated via newsletter and developed business promotionals to effectively maintain and grow the vanpooling, van rental and windshield business.
• Maintained office supplies and equipment.
• Managed monthly client credit card billing and scheduled all rental vehicles.
• Managed multiple phone lines which emphasizing customer service and administered van rental contracts.
• Solicited and managed parking accounts for clients.
• Promoted outreach to recruit new van ridership.
• Convinced incoming inquiries of benefits of utilizing company services.
• Persuaded local companies to enroll in customer appreciation program to offer additional benefits to customers.
• Assessed needs for and established new commuter routes to accommodate new riders.
• Understood business plan and contributed to company growth by actively contributed to setting company policies.
• Established company filing system, using exceptional organizational skills.
• Assessed company need and created and maintained Microsoft Access databases and generated forms in Microsoft Word.
• Delivered clear and convincing oral presentations to individuals with and outside of the office.
• Considered and responded appropriately to the needs and feeling of diverse people in different situations.
• Wrote detailed reports and other documents that reflected the position and work of the organization in a clear and convincing and organized manner.
• Contributed to the company's growth and success.
Qualifications & Certifications
Shenandoah University Career Switcher Program
University of Mary