Payroll and Benefits Manager
Rye Country Day School
October 1998 - August 2013
• Carry out key tasks, which include organizing garnishments, taxes, and EEO-1 reports; administrating the COBRA software; facilitating interviews; distributing checks; inputting salary changes; supervising new hires; and reconciling payroll and vacation accruals.
• Negotiations with Insurance Companies.
• Proactively prepare and administer benefits and rates for Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D), Long Term Disability (LTD), Short Term Disability (STD), Medical, Dental, AFLAC, 403B, Section 125 and workers compensation, as well as unemployment claims.
• Render hands-on engagement in managing company recruitment activities, which included interviewing, employment verification, and benefit enrollment.
• Contribute strategic insight in assessing and modifying policies and procedures as well as systems and benefits.
• Convey recommendations on new policies, ideas, concepts, and concerns aligned with policies and procedures.
• Take the lead role in filing the employee's leave of absences, vacations, and sick time.
• Exemplify strong commitment in supervising staff, which entail presiding over orientation, hiring, training, and discipline.
• Establish strong working relationship with employees, and mentored them through effective counseling.
May 1992 - September 1998
• Assumed full responsibility in managing budgets as well as weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll for more than 4000 staff in multiple states.
• Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of tax laws in performing tax filings in several states.
• Closely monitored and processed union dues and enrollments.
• Singlehandedly managed benefits enrollment and terminations, deductions, and new hires supervision.
Qualifications & Certifications
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more