Claim you profile
Payroll and Benefits Manager
Rye Country Day School
October 1998 - August 2013
• Carry out key tasks, which include organizing garnishments, taxes, and EEO-1 reports; administrating the COBRA software; facilitating interviews; distributing checks; inputting salary changes; supervising new hires; and reconciling payroll and vacation accruals.
• Negotiations with Insurance Companies.
• Proactively prepare and administer benefits and rates for Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D), Long Term Disability (LTD), Short Term Disability (STD), Medical, Dental, AFLAC, 403B, Section 125 and workers compensation, as well as unemployment claims.
• Render hands-on engagement in managing company recruitment activities, which included interviewing, employment verification, and benefit enrollment.
• Contribute strategic insight in assessing and modifying policies and procedures as well as systems and benefits.
• Convey recommendations on new policies, ideas, concepts, and concerns aligned with policies and procedures.
• Take the lead role in filing the employee's leave of absences, vacations, and sick time.
• Exemplify strong commitment in supervising staff, which entail presiding over orientation, hiring, training, and discipline.
• Establish strong working relationship with employees, and mentored them through effective counseling.
May 1992 - September 1998
• Assumed full responsibility in managing budgets as well as weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly payroll for more than 4000 staff in multiple states.
• Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of tax laws in performing tax filings in several states.
• Closely monitored and processed union dues and enrollments.
• Singlehandedly managed benefits enrollment and terminations, deductions, and new hires supervision.
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more