- Part time
I have worked in New Zealand in two seperate yards. The first posititon I obtained was working in a riding school teaching young children and beginner adults how to horse ride. After I had been there awhile the owner trusted me to leave for Australia for 7wks and I was left to run the yard. It was a great experience and I learned a huge amount. The 2nd position I obtained was at a Polo yard at the end of the polo season. I looked after the up keep of the yard and horses everyday for a couple of hours.
I have been riding horses since I was 3 years old but have been out of it for the last year so once the hard hands come back I'll be back to speed with the mucking out.
I love al things animal and have a pure passion for horses. The care and rehabiliation of horses is my main goal in life that I would love to achieve.
House of Travel Merivale
From January 2011
• Assisting 6 sales staff to meet target
• First point of contact for clients
• Processing travel itineraries & travel documents
• Liaising with airlines and issuing airline tickets
• Booking of Car hire, Hotels & Trains
• Stock Management
• Report directly to company owners.
Blue Springs Polo Club
May 2010 - August 2010
• Mucking out all yards
• Moving horses daily into different paddocks
• Rugs morning and evening
• Grooming horses
• Organising tack room
• Re arranging fences for paddocks
• Lunging horses out of work
Head Riding Instructor
Ravensteed Equestrian Centre
January 2009 - January 2011
• Management of a 35 acre property
• 9 school horses, 15 grazers, 10 young ponies and 3 foals.
• Organization of riding lessons, holiday programs, shows, games days etc.
• Instructing individuals and small groups from beginners to intermediate level.
• Day to day dealings with clients, farrier, cash in, dentist etc.
• Schooling, lunging, feeding and grooming horses.
• Looking after sick/lame horses and foals
• Giving intra-muscular injections
April 2006 - March 2008
• Client weight and inch loss assessments/management
• Motivating clients
• Daily updates of client database
• Training new member on equipment use
• Weekly reporting to manager on sales, promotions and appointments
• Monthly reporting to the owner regarding targets, sales, promotions, appointments.
• Cash Handling
• Running end of day reports