Travel Agent, Reservations
From June 2013
• Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests of hotel.
• Verify customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation. Contact
housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
• Make and confirm reservations. Issue room keys and escort instructions to bellhop. Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
• Perform bookkeeping activities, such as nightly audits. Post charges, such those for rooms, food,
liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers manually or by using computers.
• Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests. Record guest comments or complaints, referring customers to managers as necessary.
INTERNATIONAL RESERVATION SALES AGENT
August 1991 - May 2013
Planned routes, itineraries, and accommodation details, and computed fares and fees, using
schedules, rate books, and computers.
• Made and confirmed reservations for transportation and accommodations, using telephones, faxes,
mail, and computers.
• Prepared customer invoices and accepted payment, maintained manifest daily.
• Answered inquiries regarding information such as schedules, accommodations, procedures, and policies.
• Assembled and issue required documentation, such as tickets, travel insurance policies, and itineraries.
• Determined whether space is available on travel dates requested by customers, assigning requested
spaces when available. Informed clients of essential travel information, such as travel times,
transportation connections, and medical and visa requirements.
• Maintained computerized inventories of available passenger space and provide information on space
reserved or available.
• Conferred with customers to determine their service requirements and travel preferences.
• Examined passenger documentation to determine destinations and to assign boarding passes.
Qualifications & Certifications
Travel and Tourism