Claim you profile
Lab Techniques: Gel electrophoresis, DNA/RNA extraction,FFPE, DNA purification, DNA cloning,RT-PCR, PCR, qPCR, DNA fingerprinting, aseptic cell culture techniques, LC-MS/MScreating lab reagents and media, genetic manipulation of bacterial and yeast cells, blots, cell biology assays,enzyme kinetics, enzymatic assays ELISA, ELSD, enumerating bacteria (serial dilutions, plate counts, spectrophotometer), identification of pathogen (using a microscope, Gram’s staining, motility, serotype, biochemical tests) microarray technology, DS-PAGE, HIAC, FISH,CE, HIC, SEC, IEC, RP-HPLC, HPLC. SNaPshot.
Microbiology Research Assistant
program, University of Massachusetts: Boston, Biology Department 2011
• As part of a research group specializing in environmental microbiology, I worked on a related
independent project and was directly involved in experimental design, execution, and analysis; the goal of the project was assessing the effectiveness, in terms of decreasing water eutrophication, of two
permanent reactive barriers installed in two estuaries; this was done by analyzing microbial community
activity and composition among samples collected inside and outside the barrier areas and between the estuaries
• DNA extraction, water nutrient analysis, PCR, qPCR, and DGGE analysis results showed high variability in microbial community composition between the two estuaries and between samples collected inside and outside barrier areas in one of the estuaries; suggesting the partial effectiveness of the barriers in
mitigating eutrophication in water systems and paving the way for further investigation of factors affecting
• Experience provided hands-on experience on molecular biology lab techniques, research methodology,
analysis of experimental results, and experience in discussing and presenting experimental data in a
• Project poster presented at the 2011 CREST-REU conference: "Bacterial community composition of two permeable reactive barriers" (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-9ecuM-
Clinical Research Assistant
University of Puerto Rico, Medical Sciences Campus, Cancer Center
San Juan, PR
• Assisted in a epidemiology research study about the incidence of Colon Cancer in Hispanics 2010
• Provided assistance in the design of surveys, constructed genetic pedigrees, and conducted follow-up
phone interviews with patients according to protocol and GCP guidelines study how deregulations in protein synthesis lead to cancer initiation and progression
• Preparing enrollment tracking spreadsheets and graphs to make certain that the scientific integrity
• Assist in routine laboratory maintenance including reagent inventory, equipment qualification, instrument
calibration, and adherence to safety regulations
• Assure that adverse events are correctly documented and reported.
• Assisted in reviewing all case report forms and compare them to source documents
• Assisted in the protection of the rights, safety and well-being of human study subjects.
• Assisted analyzing and evaluating clinical data in compliance overall clinical objectives, FDA regulations,
ICH Guidelines, Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and HIPAA.
Lab Techniques: Gel electrophoresis, DNA/RNA extraction, FFPE, DNA purification, DNA cloning, RT-PCR, PCR, qPCR, DNA
Research Associate I & II
Kilguss Research Institute, Division of Pathobiology
• Independent project in the field of human health research 2009 - 2013
• As part of a research group investigating yeast infections in neonates, I worked on a project that
investigated the role of the yeast species C. parapsilosis cell-wall p-mannan protein in human neutrophil
phagocytosis by inducing deletion of mnn4 and comparing phagocytosis activity of mutant and wild-type
yeast strains, development of protein formulations, HPLC, HIAC, ELSD and UV-spectroscopy.
• Lab techniques performed included genetically modified mouse models, primary cell isolations, cell
culture, HSCs, PCR, DNA cloning, transfection and transformation, gel electrophoresis, enzyme assays,
assay development, analytical methods for protein characterization.
• Experience provided me with great detail oriented skills in experimental execution with high accuracy under pressure, excellent problem solving skills, excellent analytical, organizational, quantitative and planning skills, with great attention to detail and record-keeping in both lab notebook and electronic
documentation, ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of team and collaborating cross- functionally with other teams, data analysis and interpretation, cell biological, biochemical, and
molecular biology lab techniques.
Qualifications & Certifications
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more