Claim you profile
I use the well structured and user friendly Robert' Gagne's 9 step methodology in most cases but adapt it to the needs of the project with various other instructional design methodologies, starting mainly with what the end product should deliver to the client.
Freelance Instructional Designer
I set up MH-elearning (now known as Applied Learning @ Work), a company working alongside small to medium size business to design create and deploy bespoke online learning interventions, which meets their business needs and are compliant with the Financial Services Associations training regulations.
Experience in design and developing elearning for:
• Elearning modules to support training for Parents campaigning
• Training to compliment Face2Face coaching training
• Compliance Training
• Company Induction Training
• HR Policies & Procedure Training
• Soft skills (Coaching for Managers)
• IT systems - elearning modules
I Use Articulate Storyline and Easy Authoring Metamorphosis, Loading courses on Moodle platform or other LMS systems.
I have experience with video editing tool, voice recording tools and have worked with various Learning Managements systems administering and loading up courses.
Most recent project
Currently working with Occupational Psychologist to create an elearning programme to support here Face2Face training for sport coaches.
National Children's Bureau
Creating various campaign guides for EDCM (Every Disabled child matters) supporters with the aim to provide parents accessible advice on how to campaign for better service and support for their children.
This is what they said
"We asked Michelle to help us design and build a series of online campaigning guides for our EDCM supporters - mostly parents and carers of disabled children. Our aim was to provide these parents with accessible advice on how they can campaign for better services and support for their children which we could make freely available on our website. We had a limited budget so approached Michelle with our idea, storyboards and a deadline. She worked tirelessly to get to grips with the material, make sense of our ideas and produce an engaging, professional and easy to use resource. We found her always happy to adapt to our needs and work hard to deliver our...
Learning & Development Consultant
Charities Aid Foundation
Up to July 2013
• Managing a part of the learning and development budget, acting as business partner for key company divisions (IT, customer service, and client relation teams).
• Design and implement management training which focussed on business requirements incorporating cross department process improvement projects.
• Design and implement career progression plans in the customer service department.
• Design and deliver performance management for managers and staff, incorporating the company's behaviour framework.
• Representing learning and development in the design of a company volunteering programme.
• Leading a strategic eLearning Implementation.
• Responsible for eLearning design and development of compliance training, product knowledge, HR policies and procedure and soft skills.
• Skilled at designing blended learning for topics such as company appraisal training.
• Coaching of junior managers and staff at CAF.
• Supporting the implementation of the organisational coaching culture programme at CAF.
• Experience in creating a strategic coaching plan as part of my coaching Level 7 CMI Qualification.
Learning & Development Advisor
Charities Aid Foundation
• Dedicated Training Officer responsible for the IT and Customer Services divisions. Undertake Training Needs Analysis, ensuring a thorough understanding of the business needs is maintained and where appropriate designing and delivering solutions
• Worked with key stakeholders to understand business plans and priorities
• Worked on analysis of business proposals to roll out training on technical systems. Proposal put to the business to train systems users to deliver and support on-going training requirements
• Assessed training needs identified through the annual appraisal process; developing top level plans to discuss with business leaders. This regularly resulted in redefinition of plans and requirements often reducing potential expenditure
• Integrated the use of improved recruitment tools by introducing Psychometric & Cognitive ability tests
• Supported HR operations in psychometric assessments of candidates (internal and external) for senior and middle managerial level positions. Experienced at using psychometric tools for identifying key skill requirements and assisting in the provision of development solutions to support people management issues
• Conducted psychometric assessments & analyses as part of employee development discussions
• Undertook learning difficulties assessments (Dyslexia Screening) recommending or sourcing reasonable adjustments
• Provided and delivered coaching training for junior managers to assist them to conduct more effective appraisals or 1-2-1 discussions
• Designed and delivered Computer Based Training to support implementation of new systems
• Designed and delivered Team Development and Team Building Events for groups ranging from 10 to 40 employees.
• Collected evaluation of training and compared to the initial organisational need for training.
• Worked with CAF BANK on an evaluation process, working with key stakeholders to evaluate how they will monitor the transfer and use of the new skills
• Sourced E-learning software...
Internship after completion of all degree subjects
Cape Town Society for the Blind
May 2006 - July 2006
Human Development Internship
February 2000 - January 2006
the internship was aimed at putting theoretical knowledge into practice and providing the organisation of entrepreneurs with opportunities to measure and improve their business activities; providing tools and skills to do this. Internship was successfully completed after 8 weeks.
Lufthansa Global Telesales February 2000 - January 2006
1. Quality Assurance Facilitator
2. Trainer/ Coach
3. Sales & Reservations Advisor
• Facilitation, optimisation and maintenance of a consistent level of Customer Service Representative Performance according to global Lufthansa Global Telesales (LH-GTS) standards.
• Evaluated and monitored qualitative services at a strategic level. Reported findings at board level.
• Represented Cape Town Lufthansa Global Telesales on International Quality Management Conferences in Frankfurt together with representatives of the 10 worldwide offices to strategise new ideas for the Quality Performance of Lufthansa Global Telesales.
• Offered strategic solutions and consulted with team leaders in the customer service sales environment at Lufthansa Global Telesales a global organisation operating internationally.
• Trained middle management on quality standards and performance management tools
• Suggested and designed a quality project to assess customer service quality.
• With three supporting staff members (Quality Assessors), lead a quality project designed to improve monitoring evaluations and feedback processes. Outcome included coaching sessions aimed at improving weak performing areas. This had a positive effect after six months. The project was handed over to the immediate team supervisors to continue improvement measures.
• Designed training called 'Identifying Customer needs' this was implemented in some of our sister organisation in Melbourne, Dublin, Berlin, Istanbul and Peterborough (Toronto) Canada.
• Supported the opening of another satellite LH GTS office in Istanbul, Turkey.
• Trained new staff on the LH product and services...
Sport Psychology Elearning
Working with a renowned Sport psychologist to create an on-line training programme for sport coaches. Currently working on this project.
Elearning Training for National Children's Bureau
"We asked Michelle to help us design and build a series of online campaigning guides for our EDCM supporters - mostly parents and carers of disabled children. Our aim was to provide these parents with accessible advice on how they can campaign for better services and support for their children which we could make freely available on our website. We had a limited budget so approached Michelle with our idea, storyboards and a deadline. She worked tirelessly to get to grips with the material, make sense of our ideas and produce an engaging, professional and easy to use resource. We found her always happy to adapt to our needs and work hard to deliver our project against a tight deadline. We are delighted with the final product and all the feedback we've received so far has been positive. Thank you Michelle." Peter, Every Disabled Child Matters.
Online Compliance elearning suite for the Charities Aid Foundation, UK
Alongside an in house SME I created a suite of 8 compliance modules for the Charities Aid Foundation to support the regulatory requirements to their various regulators in the financial sector, a company induction elearning module working alongside the Human Resources department. This enabled them to offer a company induction from day one to their new employees, 14 company specific product modules and an online appraisal training for mangers and staff.
Qualifications & Certifications
University Exemption Carlton van Heerden High
University of Stellenbosch
Academy of Learning
University of Newcastle
University of South Africa
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more