Claim you profile
Results-driven IPC Certified Interconnect Designer with a proven track record of 20+ years of experience designing printed circuit boards for the electronic controls of military and commercial aircraft. Skilled at utilizing computer-aided 2D and 3D modeling systems to facilitate the creation of Flex, Rigid / Flex and Embedded Passive PCBs for high-performance electronic products. Also skilled at designing the entire electronics package including 3d Modeling and package design for high vibration environments. Leverage superior communication skills to assist production teams with identifying and resolving PCB assembly issues. Oversee entire project lifecycles to ensure the on time delivery of high-quality components that meet and exceed IPC Class 3 specifications.
PCB Layout Designer
PCB Design & Layout • Schematic Capture & Parts Library Creation • Electronic Packaging Design
3D Modeling • Project Lifecycle Management • Requirements Documentation • Regulatory Compliance Quality Assurance • Production Support • Customer Service • Rigid/Flex & Embedded Passives Technology
SolidWorks Modeling Basic & Advanced Courses • Digital Logic Electronic • Business Writing Skills
Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance per ANSI Y14.5 • IPC Designer Course in HDI Layout Methods
Statistical Process Control • IPC Designers Council Seminar on Flex Circuit Design
System EMC Compliance via PCB Design • IPC Designer Symposium
AS9100 Internal Auditor Training
Certified Interconnect Designer (CID) – IPC Designers Council, Northbrook, Illinois
CID+ Advanced Certification for PWB Design per IPC-2221 & IPC-2222
CID. Certification for PWB Design per IPC-2221 & IPC-2222
Barber Colman Aerospace (now GE) Highlights
● Created all PCB designs and documentation for the C17-10 Channel Window De-Ice Controller; F18 Inferred Camera Compartment Temperature Sensor & Heating Element Controller; A10 Windshield De-Fog & De-Ice Controller; MD80 Windshield De-Fog & De-Ice Controller; Apache Helicopter Windshield De-fog Controller; and C17 Magnetic Bearing Controller for the HVAC Cabin Temperature Turbine.Created Barber Colman's PCB Parts Library using Integraph's PCB layout software for the VAX 780 mainframe operating on UNIX; ensured compliance with MIL-STD-275 Class 3 specifications.
● Leveraged superior management skills to set priorities for ensuring the on time completion of multiple projects happening simultaneously.
● Successfully designed PCBs without the aid of any CAD systems upon joining Barber Colman Aerospace.
● Quickly climbed up the corporate ladder from Junior Draftsman to Senior Designer within only 4 years.
Esterline Control Systems Highlights
● Created, maintained and grew BVR's Standard Parts Library to include 1.5K PCB parts, which comply with IPC Class 3 requirements for high performance electronic products.
● Implemented Design for Manufacturability (DFM) methods to enhance the soldering ability of PCBs and create layouts compatible with automated testing equipment; achieved by partnering and communicating regularly with the PCB Assembly Supervisor to identify and resolve existing manufacturing issues.
● Minimized assembly times while improving the reliability of PCBs used in the data concentrator units of Rockwell Collins' UH60G military helicopter and autopilot smart actuator by introducing Rigid / Flex technology.
● Increased the reliability while reducing the assembly time of a new PCB design for a micro controlled 1” pneumatic pressure gauge used on the Boeing 737 by implementing embedded passive components combined with Rigid / Flex technology.
● Created the PCB layout and documentation for a fan controller with 270 VDC used in the ordnance compartment of JSF fighter planes; ensured compliance with stringent EMI and vibration specifications.
● Modified the PCB layout and documentation for a searchlight position controller to be used on Military helicopters and a lock actuator for the A380 Super Jet.
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more