Trainer and Assessor in Business, Tae
4 years experience in the VET sector, delivering Business quals including Diploma of Mngt and Ad. Dip of Mngt and Cert IV TAE
Learning Partners (LP)
January 2009 - August 2013
Day to day' business operations and management including Administration and IT functions of a Registered Training Organisation
• Promotion & marketing
• Manage Learning Consultants' operations
• All HR functions specifically staff management and development including the adherence to the NES and Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2010.
• Business process re-engineering - manage business systems -including QA & compliance against NVR Standards and DEEWR regulations.
• Managing WHS and Safety Environment
• Strategic directions planning
• Monitor company financials
• Deliver training as required
Manager - Logistics and Facilities
Up to June 2008
• State Manager - Wagering Operations
• Senior Network Services Development Manager
• Northern Regional Manager
Key areas of responsibility included:
• Managing an operational budget of $350K and a capex budget of $700K.
• Overseeing the day-to-day management of all network services and ensuring licensed operators in the Retail Network, Race Day Control, Fixed Odds Betting Unit and Call Centre staff comply with TOTE Tasmania operational procedures.
• Managing the compliance of these divisions under the Gaming Control Act 1993 and subsequent amendments.
• Management of selected project works relating to building refurbishment, facilities and events
• Identifying and recommending opportunities that will result in improved profitability, service improvement, brand enhancement and/or cost reductions for The TOTE.
• Coach, organise, lead and control staff reporting directly to the position in Race Day Control (eight staff), Call Centre (54 staff), FOB (8 staff) and Network Services (two staff).
• Representing The TOTE in a variety of public forums.
• Tasmanian Representative for Racing Training Australia during the period.
• Provide policy advice and recommendations to the Board, Councils and Director on operational matters.
• Manage the licensing, registration, handicapping and grading functions of the Agency.
• Ensure the efficient and timely preparation and distribution of race fields and associated information.
• Analyse and report on racing industry trends, developments and issues.
• Implement the operational policy decisions of the Board and Councils.
• Monitor and coordinate the operations of the stewards' panel, including the approval and overseeing of all significant investigations as governed by the Australian Rules of Racing and local rules.
• Liaise with and provide advice to race clubs, officials and industry participants on racing matters.
• Act as Chairman of the Programming Committees for the Tasmanian Thoroughbred Racing Council, the Tasmanian Harness Racing Board and the Tasmanian Greyhound Racing Council respectively.
• Represent Racing Tasmania in the absence or at the discretion of the Director.
Acting Secretary/State Handicapper
Tasmanian Thoroughbred Racing Council
• Act as Chief Executive Officer to the Council.
• Manage the preparation and administration of race fields, registration, programming and jockeys' insurance according to the Racing and Gaming Act 1975 and the Australian Rules of Racing the local rules.
• Act as Chairman of the SuperVOBIS (Tas), Owners and Breeders Incentive Scheme.
• Represent the state on a variety of levels including the Australian Racing Board.
• Frame handicaps for thoroughbred racing meetings.
• Undertake high-level research on racing operation matters.
• Provide administrative support to TTRC.
St Patrick's College
• Head of Department
• Union Representative - TCEEA - 3 years.
• TCEEA Negotiating Team - 2 years.
Deloraine High School
• Year Level Coordinator
• Head of Department
• Staff Representative on School Council
I hold the following qualifications:
Qualifications & Certifications
St Bede's College Mentone
Advanced Diploma of Business
University of Ballarat
Bachelor of Education
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more