voluntary position - Chief Administration Officer, Australia
EnergyEne Australia Pty. Letd.
Subsidiary of EnergyEne LLC (company formed by University of Ohio to develop green energy solutions) - voluntary position - Chief Administration Officer, Australia
Up to March 2013
Tutor students - high school and primary school level
D & D Heynen Contrating
October 2011 - March 2013
Maintenance - ie. paving, concreting etc.
Century 21 SouthCoast
Listing and selling properties.
Chief Administration Officer
Consulting to PanAridus (USA)
Preparing business plan for Australian commercialisation of guayule
Source potential investors for both USA and Ausralian program
consultants includes CEO of Yulex
M.W. & J.A. Verwey
From January 2005
formed to carry out consultancy work for Yulex Corporation and PanAridus principally.
Up to August 2008
(part-time - 3 yr contract) - restructure AthleticsSA; improve financial performance; manage the organisation. Lobby for improved infrastructure i.e. new track. Worked with other State CEOs and the national body to implement major programs.
contracted as CEO, Australian Operations
Yulex Corporation (USA)
January 2005 - October 2008
Prepare Business Plan for commercialisation guayule industrial crop in Australia.
Organise meetings between USA company and Government and private sector
Organise trial sites in Queensland, NSW, South Australia and Western Australia and manage the sites.
National Executive Officer
Community TeleServices Australia
Took over the role of Executive Officer - providing leadership to the national telecentre members
Outback Telecentre Network Inc
(project of ORDO) - work with communities in isolated Outback areas to establish community technology centres. 15 established from 2000 onwards. Based on average populations base of 50 to 80 people per community,they became financially viable through the integration of various services (Govt. and private). I managed the network.
Outback Regional Development
Up to December 2004
Organisation Inc. (ORDO) - Federal REDO
For details - www.ordo.org.au
Northern Regional Development Board
September 1994 - June 1996
(result of merger with Peterborough Economic Dev Board). Facilitate economic and social growth in Far North South Australia. Conducted SWOT analysis with communities; developed strategies for agricultural/horticultural programs; water resource management and Indigenous programs. In 1995 (in partnership with 4 outher regional development organisations; unions, finance industry; major industries such as mining; water resource companies etc) organised "Developing Regional Australia - Beyond 2000" national conference. Conference focus - water resources; investment into regional Australia and telecommunications). A number of State and Federal programs developed from this Conference.
Economic Development Officer
Corporation of the Township
Develop economic and sociala strategies to re-invigorate the township and environs. Source grant funding to initiate programs and manage those programs. Carried out community strategy plans (1993) with 300 participants; carried out Skills Audit of adults (with very high success rate ) which enabled new business and community programs to be initiated using local skills.
Elders Real Estate
Lising and selling properties
Savings Bank of S.A/State Bank of S.A
(various locations around the State) - Lending & Retail
Examples of Skills:-
Project Initiation, Implementation & Management
• Designed and built Peterborough Environmental Housing Project - 60% corporate donation of material; Federal & State grant funding.
• Worked with 13 remote communities to plan, implement and manage community technology centres - bringing fast internet to isolated communities; providing training and education opportunities; integrating Government and private service delivery; creating employment in the local communities
• Prepared Business Plan for Yulex Corporation and established trial sites for agricultural crop in Queensland, NSW, SA and WA and managing those trials.
• Initiated Skills Audit in Peterborough (over 90% response) that enabled a greater number of skills training programs to be conducted and increased employment prospects.
• Organised the athletics component of the World Police & Fire Games 2007 - acknowledged as the most successful program undertaken for those games.
Business Development/Business Planning
• Business Plan for USA company Yulex Corporation for industrial crop establishment in Australia.
• Assisted Balranald farmers to prepare business plan for regional garlic processing plant and also growing garlic for local/export market.
• Assisted new business development through NEIS scheme (Peterborough Bakery etc)
Developing Regional Australia - Beyond 2000 Conference
National conference focusing on water resource management; regional invesment and communications/telecommunications. Outcome of Conference led to Federal Government policies. Joint Federal/State Govt funding to undertake ground water audit in Far North South Australia - vitally important as mining boom dependent on water supply.
Outback Telecentre Network Inc.
Prepared business plan; implemented project and managed the project. Applied for grant funding (over $3ml). Project included establishing 13 community technology centres in Outback communities using satelite technology; negotiate for the integration of services to the communities using the centres as the vehicle; train the local communities to manage "community businesses"; manage the network. Hand over to communities at end of project. - see www.ordo.org.au for indepth information
Peterborough Environmental Housing Project
Designed to stimulate community activity to upgrade derelict housing to improve population growth and also to demonstrate environmental concepts in housing developments. Won KESAB award for the project.
Qualifications & Certifications
Kensington Park TAFE