Quality Assurance Tester
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Peak Systems Consulting
From June 2010
• On call for various on-site deployments in Massachusetts.
• Repaired systems both desktop and laptop.
• Diagnose and repair network issues.
Consultant, Test Engineer
January 2006 - November 2009
• Integration and test of high end Specialized servers in a manufacturing environment.
• Transferred ownership of manufacturing test duties to contract manufacturer by setting up both hardware test stations and deploying diagnostic software and test procedures as well as training their employees in test and debug.
• Test and debug of next generation product using ICE and rs232 for first time bring up.
• Use of simulated Cable TV Head End for test and debug of Video On Demand infrastructure.
• Work with embedded Linux based blade servers and associated hardware.
• Hardware debug to component level including FPGA, DDR RAM, Flash, EEPROM, DC power converters and discrete passive components.
• Responsible for all field returns including; prioritization, coordination, debug, repair, failure analysis and if required corrective action.
• Responsible for failure analysis on units in integration and test process.
• Maintain and develop Visual Basic Scripts to standardize production diagnostics and tests processes.
• Perform incoming inspection and configuration of new hardware from contract manufacturers.
• Interact with software and hardware engineers/developers as needed.
• Responsible for calibration of all test equipment in house.
• Six Sigma Certified by Motorola.
January 2003 - January 2006
• Integration and test of custom Military, Aerospace and Industrial computer enclosures and peripherals.
• Develop Acceptance Test Plans/Procedures.
• Test and debug of standard and custom backplane bus architectures and switch fabrics, including the latest VME, VME 64x and Compact PCI standards.
• Design and build test fixtures including RS232 and TCP/IP communications for custom enclosures to simulate temperature, voltage, airflow faults as well as battle-short situations and load testing.
• Install and configure SBCs, CPUs, PMC peripherals, drives and operating systems.
• Test and debug of fan/temperature controller, Air flow monitoring and alarm circuits.
• Customer service/RMA repair and upgrade of all post sale warranty and non-warranty products in the field.
• Thermal and Over/Under Voltage reliability testing of above.
December 1999 - March 2002
• Worked in laptop computer development from conceptualization through product end-of-life.
• Certified systems through Microsoft WHQL Program laptop, desktop, servers and peripherals such as modems, LAN, Wireless LAN and Cable modems.
• Developed test procedures for systems, software and peripherals such as modems, LAN, Wireless LAN and Cable modems.
• Set up isolated test-bed networks using TCP/IP and Windows networking.
• Participated in the Microsoft Beta Test program or Windows 2000, Windows ME and Windows XP.
• Trained new employees on above.
Senior System Test Engineer
January 1995 - December 1998
• Provided Microsoft Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) Certification testing for Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0 and Windows 2000.
• Heavily involved in the WHQL Certification of all new laptop, desktop and server computers as well as troubleshooting and working with BIOS and hardware engineers.
• Provided formal testing, troubleshooting and debugging of Laptop and desktop computers.
• Evaluated new platforms, peripheral hardware and software packages including Windows CE handheld devices, wireless networking and fingerprint authentication.
Leading Edge Products
Senior Product Engineer
IVL and EPA Energy Star
March 1993 - June 1995
• Brought new PC and notebook computers to market and managed product life span. Managed certifications such as FCC, UL/CSA, IVL and EPA Energy Star. Supervised the progress of the test and development and advised on technical issues.
• Compiled test data from video, peripheral, storage, multimedia software and Novell test groups.
• Spearheaded production problems encountered in West Coast manufacturing facility. Minimized downtime on production lines to increase production levels to 20,000 systems per month.
• Trained sales and marketing on new innovations and technology.
• Tested system integrity at component levels with the aid of precision test equipment such as scopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators and various meters.
• Evaluated peripherals such as video adapters, modems, PCMCIA cards, hard drives, controllers, etc.
• Reviewed technical documentation, manuals and press release / marketing collateral.
Qualifications & Certifications
Electrical Engineering, BSEE
U Mass Lowell
Ashland High, Ashland Ma
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more