Claim you profile
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Current Role, Three Designate Manager
Multi location Management
From May 2013
within the West and East Midlands.
• Effective Stock management throughout all locations.
• Completion of three month Busness Plan on Four different stores including Superdrug Franchise.
• Daily store management ensuring team are increasing and protecting Brand.
• Implementation of new stock distribution process within two stores.
• Delivering quality staff reviews and feedback sessions.
• Ensuring all Health and Safety and Audit sections of the business are addired to.
• Increase on core Kpis within all Four Stores.
• Customer service champion within all Four Stores achieving Increase on previous months.
• Achieved regions top compliance score in August.
• Decreased stock loss and Fraud within two stores by ensuring the correct ethics and compliance measures are being followed daily through all the team.
• Awarded Top Manager Reward in the month of July.
Star Plan Wednesbury
January 2013 - May 2013
• Promoting new business within the West Midlands region.
• Ensuring all audit and security policies were adirred to within all parts of the team.
• Managing designers conversion on a weekly basis.
• Ensuring staff completed all training and company policy are kept up to date.
• Excedding personal targets.
• Increase of 15% during the month of February year on year.
• Top mystery shop result achieved throughout the company within the month of February.
• Helping in the development of a new sales lead and sales process.
• Gained warehouse management/distribution skills.
Assistant Sales Manager
March 2012 - January 2013
• Daily managment of the store kpis.
• Completing daily in store trianing with all sales team.
• Working towards customer service excellence awards.
• Managing effective merchandisingn within the store.
• Achieving top regional mystery shop results in months May and June.
• Top kpi improvement within the Cannock Store.
• Helping team achieve record turnover in the month May.
• Conducting effective customer feedback management through grassroots.
General Store Manager
Orange Store Wolverhampton
September 2008 - January 2013
• Managing an effective and proactive team through own and team members individual Goals and career aspirations.
• Ensuring Fully, Merchandising is current and managed on a daily basis within all Twelve stores.
• Deputising for the Divisional Manager during Holidays for deliverance of Targets and Compliance on Merchandising for 36 stores.
• Training Merchandising managers in a accessory drive throughout the region.
• Conducting effective rotas training and managing during the month.
• Achieving "Top Merchandising" award throughout company.
• Improved three seperate stores compliance through managerial action plans.
• Consistant over achievment of given targets throughout trading seasons.
• Progressed five employees to store manager role in 18 month period.
• Reached top five grossing stores within company on four seperate occasions.
• Moved current store to "Top performing on all Kpis" in the South Division.
General Store Manager
May 2004 - September 2008
• Responsible for delivering strict sales targets, consistent compliance results and excellent service standards.
• Management of 20 colleagues including 2 Managers, 1 supervisor and 1 Administrator.
• Deputising for the Sales Director during Holidays for deliverance of targets for 12 sites.
• Accountable to a Sales Director for all key performance indicators including sales, audit, and compliance.
• Analysing business trends to identify gaps and effecting fast changes in direction to capitalise on any instant wins.
• Using selective management styles and very strong communication skills to align store needs with the business.
• Negotiate monthly targets in conjunction with Sales Director to ensure fair and balanced targets are distributed to the stores.
• Demonstrating sales prowess by driving year on year turnover, profits and key performance indicators forward.
• Inducting and developing new Store Managers placed on the region, following a twelve week development plan. Ensuring progress is monitored and maintain throughout their career.
• Managing the largest turnover store in the Midland area.
• Created a successful driven sales environment, one of only 2 stores up year on year.
• Consistently delivered month on month growth on volume, driven through execution of simple sales strategy.
• Planned and executed recruitment drive to resource the store by 25% of its existing workforce over a 4 week period.
• Championed compliance through in store execution of basic systems to encourage the right behaviours. This was monitored daily, and through management reviews, moving compliance scores forward from 75% to 85.7%.
• Developed in store sales floor mechanics to control and coach effective management of high foot traffic with high yield of conversion.
• Consistently maintaining sales people amongst the top 25 on the company, achieving a very hungry and competitive sales environment.
• Achieved Top 20 store company sales 10 out of 12...
January 2002 - May 2004
• Managing the productivity & profitability of an exclusive fashion outlet in Wolverhampton city centre.
• Ensuring product layout reflects company guidelines and local customer profile.
• Maximises store contribution through analysis of Commercial and Revenue reports.
• Drive Sales Manager's and Sales and Service teams through knowledge of product and driving unit sales.
• Utilise local businesses and organisations as marketing tools for the store.
• Drive customer conversion in store through constant team motivation and focus, while reviewing customer shopping trends and competitor footfall.
• Reviewed and assessed the strengths and weaknesses of the womenswear and homewear divisions, as well as the store and put in place an action plan of the opportunities that there are to improve. Looking at the main areas of the business, the customer, team, general operation, retail standards and financial and considering the short, medium and long-term needs of the store in line with the companies priorities.
• Achieved positive sales performance & strong service standards 2002 & 2003.
• Linked with the stores business plan and development of individuals, I ensured clear PDP's in place.
• Succesfully worked alongside Gstar clothing to design and create a new merchandising format for all Diffusion stores.
• Managed both sale store and brand store during peak months with a 15% increase on previous year.
• Conducted store card training with all staff and managed card sales throughout all stores.
• Created a clear business plan (Vision) for my divisions through a focus meeting with all levels of the team, and communicated to the whole team to ensure we have everyone's buying to move the divisions forward.
• Reviewed the layout of the floors, and adapted the corporate plan's to be more commercial for our store and local customer profile.
• In the weeks since Christmas, we have had consistent sales increases across the Womenswear division of...
Senior Sales Consultant
Thomas Cook Travel
June 1999 - December 2001
• Agreeing and achieving monthly sales targets.
• Leadership, management and motivation of staff including agreeing and monitoring of • Objectives in line with company strategy and targets.
• Conducting regular performance review interviews, providing constructive feedback, agreeing
• Staff training and managing any disciplinary activities.
• Management of store administrative budget.
• Supporting the Store Manager by running recruitment days, assisting with regional training &
• Completing quarterly store audits.
• Winning the In house Gazette award for customer service as a result of being "Mystery Shopped" with a score of 98%
• Nominated for Top Shop at company conference for 3 years running
• Consistently over achieving set targets
Qualifications & Certifications
Walsall Technical College
Great Barr High School
Great Barr Primary School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more