Chinese Mandarin Speaker
Translation project management, translator, interpreter for general and specialized language services.
Consulting and Freelance Positions
June 2013 - September 2013
UX DESIGNER/ARCHITECT @ DocsCorp
User interface and interaction design for Microsoft/Windows 8 Enterprise Software Application transformation project
• Analyse and review user interface design for workflow and user interaction/experience improvements
• Provide usability guideline and recommendations for Windows 'Metro' look and feel of software application suite
• Provide user evaluation guidelines and recommendations for software development and QA/testing processes.
UX DESIGNER @ 4Impact / GlobalMail
August 2012 - October 2012
Design user interface and interaction for online/interactive data visualisation website
• Analyse and review user interface design for data visualisation concept
• Designing information architecture, user interface and user interaction suitable for the display of data and engaging user interaction
• Evaluate and refine design based on usability testing feedback
Online Design & UX Team
April 2012 - May 2012
Conduct expert review of existing website for redesign of micro-website based on customer behaviour analysis and business requirements.
• Developing website UI mockup and page flow designs consistent with brand/style guide as well as business requirements
• Creating and designing assets for developers (i.e. wireframes, storyboards)
• Develop Customer Journey/Experience model based on customer behaviour research and analysis.
• Develop new interactive components for websites to engage customer as well as incorporate social media elements in website design.
Panviva Pty Ltd
December 2012 - May 2013
Plan and oversee UX integration into software and business processes
• Expert review of existing user interface design and make recommendations to usability and user experience improvements
• Review existing software and information architecture, user interface and user interaction of visual navigation
• Develop high level UX strategy and plans, with special focus on defining design objectives and deriving usability and performance metrics.
• Propose framework and strategy for undertaking and presenting usability research and report to internal and external stakeholders.
UI/UX CREATIVE DESIGNER
Accenture / ASIC
August 2011 - April 2012
Designing and producing online/digital and communication assets for a web portal project for Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC) as part of the Creative Team in an AGILE development environment.
• Developing portal UI screen and page flow designs to address client business requirements
• Creating and designing assets for developers (i.e. wireframes, storyboards, HTML/CSS mock-ups, web graphics, etc)
• Evaluating and refining existing style guide for web application development
• Evaluating end-user/client feedback for UI design improvement
INFOGRAPHIC & UX DESIGNER
Schneider Electric / RISE Technology
August 2010 - November 2012
Enhancing information presentation and communication design for online and multi-media display devices for corporate and government clients
• Designing information architecture, user interface concept and layout for touch screen displays and web services
• Evaluating and improving presentation of data and user navigation for existing software and hardware display and control systems
• Developing and designing user interactions workflows for multi-touch screen hardware and software applications
Technical Writing/Instructional Design/Documentation:
• Developing and documenting UCD guidelines and reference materials for developers
• Producing user manuals, software requirement specifications and other technical documents as per business client requirements
June 2010 - September 2011
Creating and improving software documentation; developing high quality and innovative training course materials to improve user performance.
Technical Writing & Training:
• Review and edit both print and digital content in technical documents and online user help contents
• Proofread and edit reports, media and external publications
• Develop and improve visual and content of documentation
• Deliver training course materials to technical and general users
CLIENT RELATIONS CONSULTANT
G & P Love Pty Ltd
July 2009 - June 2010
Developed and implemented communication strategies for internal and external stakeholders to improve marketing and communication activities within the business, as well as strengthening client relations.
Marketing & Communications:
• Design and produce print and digital content for marketing, advertising and external communications
• Supervise and manage communications with external clients
Client Relations Development:
• Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers
• Resolve and manage supplier and customer dispute issues
• Maintain and update knowledgebase of supplier and customer details, to improve and update services and products
January 2009 - June 2009
Enhance the product design and development process by introducing UCD principles; integrating UX and communication design principles into business processes, software and hardware design/development processes/cycles
User Experience Design:
• Gather and transform user requirements into strategies to be implemented in the design of services and products
• Identify, develop, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing plans and/or communication strategies to increase user awareness of company brand, image, products and services
• Review and revise deliverables for completeness and consistency according to established user experience objectives
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ANALYST
April 2008 - December 2009
Provide analyses of internal and competitor product/application design to improve the quality of the product development pipeline, as well as managing internal/external communication activities.
Product Application Concept and Product Development:
• Initiate proposals for existing software/hardware applications through product and user behaviour research/analysis
• Review and develop business services and product specifications
Product Application Communication (External):
• Produce communication and marketing materials targeted at new and existing users
• Review and redesign communication materials for localisation in different regions for adaptation to print and digital media
From July 2005
The Too Hard Basket / Ensiz
Working with clients to create original and innovative content for traditional (print) and online/digital (website) communication media channels.
• Designing communication strategies based on research and conveying information to the target audience in the form of infographics and data visualization deliverables.
• Planning, facilitating and reporting on user research, requirements gathering and usability testing
Linguistic and Translation Services:
Translation project management - translator recruitment and management, translation project quality control and assessment for independent translation agencies and businesses
Qualifications & Certifications
The University of Queensland
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AND DATA COMMUNICATION
Queensland University of Technology