Chinese Mandarin Speaker
Translation project management, translator, interpreter for general and specialized language services.
Consulting and Freelance Positions
June 2013 - September 2013
UX DESIGNER/ARCHITECT @ DocsCorp
User interface and interaction design for Microsoft/Windows 8 Enterprise Software Application transformation project
• Analyse and review user interface design for workflow and user interaction/experience improvements
• Provide usability guideline and recommendations for Windows 'Metro' look and feel of software application suite
• Provide user evaluation guidelines and recommendations for software development and QA/testing processes.
UX DESIGNER @ 4Impact / GlobalMail
August 2012 - October 2012
Design user interface and interaction for online/interactive data visualisation website
• Analyse and review user interface design for data visualisation concept
• Designing information architecture, user interface and user interaction suitable for the display of data and engaging user interaction
• Evaluate and refine design based on usability testing feedback
Online Design & UX Team
April 2012 - May 2012
Conduct expert review of existing website for redesign of micro-website based on customer behaviour analysis and business requirements.
• Developing website UI mockup and page flow designs consistent with brand/style guide as well as business requirements
• Creating and designing assets for developers (i.e. wireframes, storyboards)
• Develop Customer Journey/Experience model based on customer behaviour research and analysis.
• Develop new interactive components for websites to engage customer as well as incorporate social media elements in website design.
Panviva Pty Ltd
December 2012 - May 2013
Plan and oversee UX integration into software and business processes
• Expert review of existing user interface design and make recommendations to usability and user experience improvements
• Review existing software and information architecture, user interface and user interaction of visual navigation
• Develop high level UX strategy and plans, with special focus on defining design objectives and deriving usability and performance metrics.
• Propose framework and strategy for undertaking and presenting usability research and report to internal and external stakeholders.
UI/UX CREATIVE DESIGNER
Accenture / ASIC
August 2011 - April 2012
Designing and producing online/digital and communication assets for a web portal project for Australian Securities & Investment Commission (ASIC) as part of the Creative Team in an AGILE development environment.
• Developing portal UI screen and page flow designs to address client business requirements
• Creating and designing assets for developers (i.e. wireframes, storyboards, HTML/CSS mock-ups, web graphics, etc)
• Evaluating and refining existing style guide for web application development
• Evaluating end-user/client feedback for UI design improvement
INFOGRAPHIC & UX DESIGNER
Schneider Electric / RISE Technology
August 2010 - November 2012
Enhancing information presentation and communication design for online and multi-media display devices for corporate and government clients
• Designing information architecture, user interface concept and layout for touch screen displays and web services
• Evaluating and improving presentation of data and user navigation for existing software and hardware display and control systems
• Developing and designing user interactions workflows for multi-touch screen hardware and software applications
Technical Writing/Instructional Design/Documentation:
• Developing and documenting UCD guidelines and reference materials for developers
• Producing user manuals, software requirement specifications and other technical documents as per business client requirements
June 2010 - September 2011
Creating and improving software documentation; developing high quality and innovative training course materials to improve user performance.
Technical Writing & Training:
• Review and edit both print and digital content in technical documents and online user help contents
• Proofread and edit reports, media and external publications
• Develop and improve visual and content of documentation
• Deliver training course materials to technical and general users
CLIENT RELATIONS CONSULTANT
G & P Love Pty Ltd
July 2009 - June 2010
Developed and implemented communication strategies for internal and external stakeholders to improve marketing and communication activities within the business, as well as strengthening client relations.
Marketing & Communications:
• Design and produce print and digital content for marketing, advertising and external communications
• Supervise and manage communications with external clients
Client Relations Development:
• Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers
• Resolve and manage supplier and customer dispute issues
• Maintain and update knowledgebase of supplier and customer details, to improve and update services and products
January 2009 - June 2009
Enhance the product design and development process by introducing UCD principles; integrating UX and communication design principles into business processes, software and hardware design/development processes/cycles
User Experience Design:
• Gather and transform user requirements into strategies to be implemented in the design of services and products
• Identify, develop, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing plans and/or communication strategies to increase user awareness of company brand, image, products and services
• Review and revise deliverables for completeness and consistency according to established user experience objectives
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ANALYST
April 2008 - December 2009
Provide analyses of internal and competitor product/application design to improve the quality of the product development pipeline, as well as managing internal/external communication activities.
Product Application Concept and Product Development:
• Initiate proposals for existing software/hardware applications through product and user behaviour research/analysis
• Review and develop business services and product specifications
Product Application Communication (External):
• Produce communication and marketing materials targeted at new and existing users
• Review and redesign communication materials for localisation in different regions for adaptation to print and digital media
From July 2005
The Too Hard Basket / Ensiz
Working with clients to create original and innovative content for traditional (print) and online/digital (website) communication media channels.
• Designing communication strategies based on research and conveying information to the target audience in the form of infographics and data visualization deliverables.
• Planning, facilitating and reporting on user research, requirements gathering and usability testing
Linguistic and Translation Services:
Translation project management - translator recruitment and management, translation project quality control and assessment for independent translation agencies and businesses
Qualifications & Certifications
The University of Queensland
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AND DATA COMMUNICATION
Queensland University of Technology
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more