Claim you profile
June 2011 - November 2012
• Engineered customers circuit designed requests using planning, budgeting and analyzing techniques in response to SONET rings, LAN and WAN services, Ethernet, GIGE, various Optical band widths, DS3's, and DS1's services. Provided customer requests as specified and made sure delivery was on time while staying under budget.
• Supervised multiple operations across the backbone network for West Virginia to maintain the needed spare capacity for customer requests and growth. This supported customer satisfaction and providing revenue due to the immediate availability.
• Planned and designed Point-To-Point BTI networks and upgraded ROADM equipment for sites within West Virginia while maintaining below budget and within strict time constraints.
Central Office Technician / Network Engineer
June 2000 - July 2010
National & Mid-Atlantic Network Operations Centers
Recruited to manage the WAN and LAN fiber backbone networks; providing daily analysis and surveillance of thousands of alarms across the U.S. Performed high level analysis, troubleshooting, provisioning and maintenance of mission critical equipment including Digital Cross-connect machines (DCS), DWDMs and NGADM multiplexers covering the bandwidth spectrum from T1-T3's to OC3-OC192's signals from vendors, including NORTEL, Alcatel, Lucent, Fuji, CIENA, Cisco (Layer 1), and Tellabs. Provided training for fellow colleagues and management in network and equipment troubleshooting practices. Scheduled and coordinated network providers and vendor services when needed.
• Implemented and integrated cost-effective, high performance technical solutions to meet challenging business and customer needs.
• Investigated and resolved performance issues, demonstrating strong diagnostic skills across multiple platforms.
• Played key role in salvaging $250 million project after 2-3 months of downtime. Troubleshot, identified, and resolved multiple issues across the Nortel network from Bangor, Maine to Washington DC to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; restoring full functionality in just a few days.
• Hand-picked to serve as interim supervisor during management absence.
• Achieved highest levels of customer satisfaction based on timely implementation with minimal business disruption and highly responsive support.
• Earned reputation as 'go-to' resource for high-risk projects and technical FCC timely issues, demonstrating strong diagnostic skills across multiple platforms and technologies.
• Planned and orchestrated multiple large-scale projects, aggressively meeting project milestones while managing time constraints.
Systems Service Engineer
LOCKHEED MARTIN SERVICES, INC
June 1993 - June 2000
Monitored and maintained broadband communications systems in support of daily operations within the National Library of Medicine and Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications buildings. Configured, installed, and upgraded technical systems. Performed component-level troubleshooting, repaired, and installed broadcast audio and video equipment utilizing vendor service manuals. Managed and maintained satellite head-end receiving system and other base band distribution systems/equipment for televised shows across the NLM campus and satellite medical college campuses in the US.
• Supported setup, equipment operation and teardown of the "Visible Human Project" computer demonstration for Congress on Capitol Hill, vital for acquisition of government funding.
• Assisted high level government officials and visiting doctors from around the globe with PC setup and audio/visual equipment operations during Board of Regents quarterly meetings and events.
• Earned reputation as top performer, receiving multiple awards and accolades including Lockheed Martin Lightning Award.
Note: Early career history includes roles as Electronic Technician for Graphicart America, Inc.; and Electronic Technician 2nd Class Petty Officer for the U.S. Navy. (Awarded the NAVY ACHIEVMENT MEDAL)
Qualifications & Certifications
General IT courses (no degree)
PIMA Community College
General Engineering studies (no degree)
Northern Virginia Community College
Electronic Computer Programming Institute
General Electrical / Electronic Technology
Danville Community College
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more