Claim you profile
I have extensive knowledge of coaching practitionally and educationally. I have coached football for 8 years at many different levels and played at Semi Professional and collegiate level.
Customer Service Executive
OfficeTeam - Birmingham, UK.
January 2014 - February 2014
The role predominantly involves dealing with customer queries and complaints, taking incoming calls, making outbound calls to give customers information and processing orders.
Director of Sport
The Shrubbery School - Birmingham, UK.
From February 2014
Teach weekly scheduled lessons.
- Plan and implement lessons for Key Stage 2 children in all areas of P.E and sport.
- Keep up to date on all curriculum aspects through internal and external insets.
- Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class;
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintaining discipline;
- Preparing lessons in order to facilitate positive pupil development;
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils' development;
- Providing feedback to parents on a pupil's progress.
- If agreed with the Head or Deputy, coordinating activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
- Working with others to plan and coordinate work;
- Staying up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Introduce and teach correct use of a variety of sport equipment.
- Ensure correct warm up excercises are undertaken
- Take lunch time or after school practice clubs as necessary
- Organise and facilitate team game matches internally and amongst neighbouring schools.
- Attending courses and inset training where required to keep knowledge of current developments up to date and to consolidate expertise.
- Taking part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Meeting with colleagues and working flexibly.
- Sending or escorting children in a quiet and organised manner back to class.
- Ensuring that all children are safe in the playground, field, hall and changing rooms and never unsupervised and that they do not leave these areas without prior permission.
- Carefully check equipment to ensure it is safe for use and follows Health and Safety guidelines.
Massachusetts Youth Soccer - Lancaster, MA, USA.
June 2013 - August 2013
Coached the GU12 District Team for the Summer Select League.
Boys Varsity Soccer Coach
Westborough High School, Westborough, MA, USA.
August 2012 - July 2013
Overlooked and managed the complete boys soccer program and coached the boys varsity team, achieving a 9-8-2 record and reaching district semi finals.
Property Claims Handler
Gab Robins UK Ltd - Birmingham, UK.
January 2011 - April 2011
Responsible for settling property claims on behalf of multiple insurance companies.
Club Academy Coach
BEST Soccer - Westborough, MA, USA.
April 2011 - June 2011
Responsible for coaching players from 2 to 21 years on a variety of programs including, Pre K, Recreation, Travel, Club, Goalkeeping, SAQ, One to one training, Coach Education, High School and Intramural College.
Girls JV Soccer Coach
Westborough High School - Westborough, MA, USA
August 2011 - November 2011
Coached the High School Junior Varsity Girls team for the 2011 Fall Season, achieving a 13 – 3 – 1 record.
Assistant Soccer Coach
Worcester Polytechnic Institute College - Worcester, MA, USA.
August 2011 - November 2012
Assisted in the coaching of the college club team.
GAB Robins UK Ltd - Birmingham, UK.
November 2011 - March 2012
Responsible for all administration duties including data input, mailing, filing, outbound and inbound calls.
Director of Soccer and Coaching
BEST FC - Westborough, MA, USA.
June 2011 - December 2013
In the Role of Director of Soccer Michael overlooks many aspects of the Business, Coaching and Administrative Tasks. He is responsible for ensuring the company continue to generate capital with new programs and players but also to ensure that the programs developed are in-line with the total player centered coaching approach. Michael Was a co-founder of BEST FC and integral part of the growth and maturation of the organisation.
The Business aspects included.
- Setting Financial Goals and Spreadsheets
- Budgeting and Financing of Scholarships
- New business through expansion of current programs and the development of new ideas
- Responsible for Marketing, Promotions and Branding
- Production of Presentations
- Design, Maintenance and Networking of the Website, including all social media applications.
- Development of Sponsorship proposals and Partnerships.
- Development of contracts
- Responsible for maintenance and proposals of new facilities
- Developing and Maintaining a controlled and organised filling system
- Creation and Maintenance of Databases
- Creation and Maintenance of Schedules
- Design and Development of Company Manuals, Policies and Procedures
- All insurance administration duties
- Coach Premier Club Teams in League, Cup and Tournament Play
- Development and Design of Club Curriculum's
- Development and Maintenance of the Coach Education Program to ensure continuous CPD
- Scouting and Player Recruitment
- Medical a). Introduction of FMS (Fundermental Movement Screening), b). Concussion testing
- Development and Execution of Trials and Tryouts
- Development and Execution of Personal Training Programs
- Introduction and Production of Coerver, Strength and Conditioning, Performance Analysis, Match Analysis, SAQ and Multi Skills into the club curriculum.
Special Needs Sports Coach
West Oak School - Leeds, UK.
January 2010 - May 2010
Developed and implemented a multi skills syllabus to children experiencing an range of BESD (Behaviour, Emotional, Social Disabilities) and SLD (Severe Learning Disabilities) difficulties.
Academy Coach and Marketing and Promotions Manager
Pure Soccer - Newton, NJ, USA.
May 2010 - December 2010
Responsible for coaching children from 3 to 16 years on a variety of programs including, Soccer Starz, SAQ, Goalkeeping, Foot Skills, Recreation, Travel and Elite programs. Additional duties included updating company specific leaflets, booklets, website and booking forms whilst working to strict times scales.
Football Coach (Voluntary)
Tong School - Bradford, UK.
January 2009 - May 2009
Managed and coached the year 9 football team.
Assistant Football Coach (Voluntary)
Blackburn Rovers Football Club - Bradford, UK.
January 2009 - May 2009
Coached and Assisted the Boys Development Centre in Bradford for ages 7 to 14 years.
Multi Sports Coach
WR Active Learning - Leeds, UK.
February 2009 - April 2010
Multi Sports coach, coaching a wide variety of sports and activities including Football, Futsal, Dodge ball, Athletics, Multi Skills, Gymnastics, Tennis, Drama, Cricket and Dance.
Project Leader and Community Coach
Leeds United Football Club - Leeds, UK.
March 2009 - April 2010
Community and development center coach responsible for coaching boys and girls aged 3 to 16 years. Experience of working with children with both BESD (Behaviour, Emotional, Social Disabilities) and SLD (Severe Learning Disabilities), including both physical and learning impairments. Charged with the delivery of a Goals Project to excluded and under privileged children also assisting on the BTEC National Courses.
Football School Director
CD Leisure Services - Antalya, Turkey.
July 2009 - August 2009
Responsible for the overall running of the soccer school, duties included coaching, marketing, promotions and dealing with the finances. Coaching experience included working with English and foreign children from 3 years to 14 years of age.
Multi Sports Coach
St Pauls School - Leeds, UK.
September 2009 - December 2009
Developed and implemented multi skills programme to children aged 5 – 6 years.
Football Coach and Assistant Manager
Barnsley County Boys - Barnsley, UK.
September 2009 - May 2010
Coached and assisted in managing the U11 County Boy’s team.
Performance Analysis Personnel
Leeds United Ladies FC - Leeds, UK.
September 2009 - May 2010
Performance analysis of games, duties included production of match DVD, in depth match statistics report and analysis of player performance using bio mechanics.
Sales and Administrative Assistant
Embassy Freight - Birmingham, UK.
June 2008 - September 2008
Administrative assistant with duties including data work, filling, monitoring phone calls, making sales calls and communicating with foreign customers.
Highclare School - Birmingham, UK.
October 2005 - July 2007
Responsible for delivering recreational football programme to children between the ages of 3 to 11 years.
Bernard Day Goalkeeping - Birmingham, UK.
October 2005 - September 2008
Assistant goalkeeping coach; supported delivery of specific training programmes to county and academy level players.
Qualifications & Certifications
Sports Coaching (BSc) Degree
Leeds Metropolitan University (UK Center of Coaching Excellence)
The Arthur Terry School
The Arthur Terry School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more