Claim you profile
An accomplished Mechanical Engineer with exemplary experience in failure analysis, data acquisition/reduction and fatigue testing. Proven expertise in new product development and validation from concept through field implementation applying Finite Element Analysis and Six Sigma/Lean Sigma principles.
• Performed presales technical support to drive CAE software sales, including software presales demonstrations, benchmarks and paid projects.
• Served as customer interface for the entire scope of consulting projects ranging from proposal development, analysis and technology reporting.
• Conducted technical customer support and training of ANSYS and fe-safe products.
• Developed and maintained strong proficiency in fe-safe and ANSYS products and applications, including linear, non-linear structural analysis, modal and crack propagation.
Senior Engineer Research and Development
• Responsible for testing and verifying new and existing fleet components thru instrumented track testing at TTCI, Pueblo, CO.
• Conduct field trials for new components, monitor and interpret results from Wayside detectors to verify designs and improve fleet performance.
• Performed various material acceptance and qualification tests such as material hardness testing, specimen polishing and etching, and magna-fluxing for material crack investigations.
Adjunct Faculty, Discrete Mathematics
Triton Community College
• Developed syllabus, course lectures, grading and instructing students on subject content
• Assisted students outside of class needing additional instructional support
Senior Staff Engineer
January 2001 - January 2009
August 1993 - January 2001
• Developed global technical strategies for data collection, reduction, analysis and accelerated testing on high pressure diesel fuel components
• Reduced preparation time by 75% by designing a new instrumentation scheme for data acquisition
• Developed highly accelerated (HALT and HASS) component fatigue and durability tests using CRPC, nCode and Somat Infield durability analysis software.
• Correlated experimental modal analysis with Finite Element Analysis on automotive exhaust systems.
• Key product champion and technical contributor to market growth of 200% for flexible couplings used in automotive exhaust systems.
• Applied FEM (ANSYS) to evaluate stresses and strains to new designs.
• Increase company revenue by 50% thru effective technical presentations and extensive face-to-face customer support
• Responsible for performing field and lab data collection, reduction, analysis and editing of strains, loads, accelerations, displacements and temperatures utilizing Somat eDAQ and MTS RPC-Pro.
• Trained/mentored all new staff engineers and interns on procedures and served on many cross functional teams as both member and leader
Product Design Engineer
Process Control Technologies
• Responsible for designing, building and programming modular conveyor equipment and for the printed circuit board and surface mount technology industries.
• Extensive foreign and domestic travel to install and debug equipment.
Qualifications & Certifications
Northern Illinois University
Northern Illinois University
Oakton Community College
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.