Claim you profile
An accomplished Mechanical Engineer with exemplary experience in failure analysis, data acquisition/reduction and fatigue testing. Proven expertise in new product development and validation from concept through field implementation applying Finite Element Analysis and Six Sigma/Lean Sigma principles.
• Performed presales technical support to drive CAE software sales, including software presales demonstrations, benchmarks and paid projects.
• Served as customer interface for the entire scope of consulting projects ranging from proposal development, analysis and technology reporting.
• Conducted technical customer support and training of ANSYS and fe-safe products.
• Developed and maintained strong proficiency in fe-safe and ANSYS products and applications, including linear, non-linear structural analysis, modal and crack propagation.
Senior Engineer Research and Development
• Responsible for testing and verifying new and existing fleet components thru instrumented track testing at TTCI, Pueblo, CO.
• Conduct field trials for new components, monitor and interpret results from Wayside detectors to verify designs and improve fleet performance.
• Performed various material acceptance and qualification tests such as material hardness testing, specimen polishing and etching, and magna-fluxing for material crack investigations.
Adjunct Faculty, Discrete Mathematics
Triton Community College
• Developed syllabus, course lectures, grading and instructing students on subject content
• Assisted students outside of class needing additional instructional support
Senior Staff Engineer
January 2001 - January 2009
August 1993 - January 2001
• Developed global technical strategies for data collection, reduction, analysis and accelerated testing on high pressure diesel fuel components
• Reduced preparation time by 75% by designing a new instrumentation scheme for data acquisition
• Developed highly accelerated (HALT and HASS) component fatigue and durability tests using CRPC, nCode and Somat Infield durability analysis software.
• Correlated experimental modal analysis with Finite Element Analysis on automotive exhaust systems.
• Key product champion and technical contributor to market growth of 200% for flexible couplings used in automotive exhaust systems.
• Applied FEM (ANSYS) to evaluate stresses and strains to new designs.
• Increase company revenue by 50% thru effective technical presentations and extensive face-to-face customer support
• Responsible for performing field and lab data collection, reduction, analysis and editing of strains, loads, accelerations, displacements and temperatures utilizing Somat eDAQ and MTS RPC-Pro.
• Trained/mentored all new staff engineers and interns on procedures and served on many cross functional teams as both member and leader
Product Design Engineer
Process Control Technologies
• Responsible for designing, building and programming modular conveyor equipment and for the printed circuit board and surface mount technology industries.
• Extensive foreign and domestic travel to install and debug equipment.
Qualifications & Certifications
Northern Illinois University
Northern Illinois University
Oakton Community College
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more