Avon, MA, USA
National Account & Business Development Manager
Parragon Publishing, Inc
From February 2006
* Responsible for all West Coast accounts totaling over 5 million dollars in gross revenue
* Responsible for maintaining, servicing and developing current account base while expanding sales across entire channel
* Disciplined, self-starter in a work-from-home situation.
* Maximize sales growth within our established account base while identifying and cultivating new and viable business.
* New Business Development: Ability to introduce Parragon's diverse line of products into new accounts
* Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with key customers.
* Create and assist in the development of marketing, advertising and promotional programs.
* Communicate all pertinent account specific information as it relates this channel back to management.
* Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule workload accordingly to meet strict deadlines
Advanced Marketing Services
September 2002 - January 2006
* Follow up with vendors and packagers on various product development issues, including specification, distribution rights, production schedules, and contracts.
* Ensure all sales materials for advertising, sales conferences and exhibitions are available.
* Review inventory levels and location to insure product is allocated properly. Supervise associates on all operations, logistics, and warehousing issues as related to each project.
* Regular presentations and meetings with customers and vendors.
* Acting day-to-day liaison to all packagers, publishers, and co-edition partners for the Thunder Bay and Laurel Glen publishing imprints
November 1999 - August 2002
* Main liaison between the marketing and IT department for web site, print catalogue and e-commerce development.
* Created marketing action plans and advertising; both print and online.
* Preparation of media kits, press releases and publicity launches.
* Partnering with online bookstores (Amazon, Barnes & Noble) for seasonal direct marketing involving email, print, web site and snail mail campaigns.
Human Resources Manager
Borders Books & Music
September 1995 - October 1999
* Training and development of new staff.
* Managing editor of Borders.com Michigan Avenue web presence & contributing writer to Borders.com.
* Creation of monthly store newsletter.
* Responsible for recruiting, screening, interviewing and reference checks.
* Responsible for all incoming inventory and the yearly inventory process.
* Direct supervisor of fifteen full-time staff members.
* Oversee six book sections including all new books, literature and genre fiction.
* Beverly Hills Talent & Literary Agency
* Volvo Finance of North America
* United States Senate
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Chicago
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more