Claim your profile
Avon, MA, USA
National Account & Business Development Manager
Parragon Publishing, Inc
From February 2006
* Responsible for all West Coast accounts totaling over 5 million dollars in gross revenue
* Responsible for maintaining, servicing and developing current account base while expanding sales across entire channel
* Disciplined, self-starter in a work-from-home situation.
* Maximize sales growth within our established account base while identifying and cultivating new and viable business.
* New Business Development: Ability to introduce Parragon's diverse line of products into new accounts
* Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with key customers.
* Create and assist in the development of marketing, advertising and promotional programs.
* Communicate all pertinent account specific information as it relates this channel back to management.
* Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule workload accordingly to meet strict deadlines
Advanced Marketing Services
September 2002 - January 2006
* Follow up with vendors and packagers on various product development issues, including specification, distribution rights, production schedules, and contracts.
* Ensure all sales materials for advertising, sales conferences and exhibitions are available.
* Review inventory levels and location to insure product is allocated properly. Supervise associates on all operations, logistics, and warehousing issues as related to each project.
* Regular presentations and meetings with customers and vendors.
* Acting day-to-day liaison to all packagers, publishers, and co-edition partners for the Thunder Bay and Laurel Glen publishing imprints
November 1999 - August 2002
* Main liaison between the marketing and IT department for web site, print catalogue and e-commerce development.
* Created marketing action plans and advertising; both print and online.
* Preparation of media kits, press releases and publicity launches.
* Partnering with online bookstores (Amazon, Barnes & Noble) for seasonal direct marketing involving email, print, web site and snail mail campaigns.
Human Resources Manager
Borders Books & Music
September 1995 - October 1999
* Training and development of new staff.
* Managing editor of Borders.com Michigan Avenue web presence & contributing writer to Borders.com.
* Creation of monthly store newsletter.
* Responsible for recruiting, screening, interviewing and reference checks.
* Responsible for all incoming inventory and the yearly inventory process.
* Direct supervisor of fifteen full-time staff members.
* Oversee six book sections including all new books, literature and genre fiction.
* Beverly Hills Talent & Literary Agency
* Volvo Finance of North America
* United States Senate
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Chicago
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more