- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Former federal employee with the Australian Taxation Office from 2001 - 2012 in a range of corporate service type roles including corporate financial services, procurement and contract management, records management and enterprise risk management. Currently living in Sydney NSW seeking Federal or State corporate service type government or policy roles in 2014.
Enterprise Risk Analyst Office of the Chief Knowledge Officer
Tax Office Strategic Risk Register
August 2008 - July 2012
I undertook the role of updating and publishing the Tax Office Strategic Risk Register and providing analysis around the Tax Office's strategic risks and undertook a range of ad hoc work to assist with transition towards the Tax Office Enterprise Risk Management Framework. I undertook risk assessments and updating risk assessment criteria for specific risks and briefed managers, senior executives and business stakeholders on changes to the organisations risk profile.
• I have provided secretarial services to the Core design team meetings between November 2010 and March 2011 for the development for the Enterprise Risk Manager program and updated the structure in the Enterprise Risk Manager program.
• I have undertaken Comcover's training on enterprise risk management and I am familiar with the Australian Standards on Risk Management. I undertook training in December 2010 for Organisational Strategic thinking and planning.
Office of the Chief Knowledge Officer
Document Content and Records Management
January 2007 - August 2008
Contract Manager Records Warehouse Services (, from January 2007 to August 2008 and assistant contract manager from February 2006-January 2007)
Document Content and Records Management - Office of the Chief Knowledge Officer
In this position I provided contract management, financial management and operational assurance for the operation of the Tax Office's off-site records storage and records destruction contracts. My duties and outcomes in this position included:
• Provision of contract management and procurement advice in relation to the operation of the Records Warehouse Services Panel contracts.
• Preparation of stakeholder consultation and project management of the next records warehouse services tender, including preparation of the tender documentation.
• Provision of contracts and financial advice on the Tax Office records warehouse contracts and provision of national logistics support for the records warehouse capability. Provision of business analysis, including operational analysis, budgetary analysis and invoicing, inventory management, project management and the preparation of business cases, etc.
• Application of the relevant Tax Office Records Disposal Authorities and liaison with Records Warehouse Services Panel providers, National Archives of Australia, and other agencies as required.
• Reporting of warehouse activities for Certificate of Assurance, and business-line reporting processes, etc.
• Supervision of a general administrative officer and contract staff undertaking off-site records operational activities.
ATO Resource Management
October 2002 - February 2006
Accredited Procurement and Contract Management Unit, Corporate Procurement Branch, ATO Resource Management.
In this position, I worked as a Procurement Officer, providing advice on the procurement and tendering of general corporate services contracts and panels. The duties that I had in this position were:
• Working with Tax Office clients to provide advice on procurement processes, identifying procurement needs, developing procurement plans, and developing tender documentation, including preparing the Statement of Requirements, including applying risk management techniques.
• Issuing tenders and handling enquires from prospective tenderers.
• Preparing evaluation plans and assisting the Evaluation Committee in undertaking the evaluations and assisting with the preparation of tender evaluation reports.
• Undertaking contractual negotiations with the aim of establishing and implementing the contract and undertaking post-contractual processes such as establishing service level agreements.
• Providing procurement support to senior officers as required and providing administrative support to the Unit by preparing financial reports, recording and gazetting contracts, and preparing information for upload onto electronic tender systems.
• Undertaking appropriate training for the role, including undertaking training in fraud prevention and ethical behaviour.
• Acting professionally by acting with probity in the conduct of procurement processes, including declaring any conflicts of interest and applying the APS Code of Conduct.
My achievements in this role were:
• I provided procurement advice for the Tax Office Market Research, User Research and Internal Research Panels during 2004 and 2005.
• I conducted a tender process for Special Audience Unit in ATO Relations for the preparation of the provision of a Multicultural Communication and Translation Services Panel.
• I have provided procurement and tendering advice for a range of corporate goods and services for...
Accounting Officer, Salary Packaging Unit
November 2001 - September 2002
My duties were to analyse salary packaging client records to prepare statements of salary packaging activity throughout the FBT year and to assist technical officers with the provision of client advice for more difficult cases. As a member of this team, I received a Tax Office line award for innovation leading to improved work practices.
Australian Public Service
February 2001 - November 2002
I undertook the Tax Office Graduate (Australian Public Service) training program, while undertaking a range of corporate budgeting, management accounting and financial accounting activities, such as reconciling departmental and administered Agency Official bank accounts against transfers to the Reserve Bank Information Transfer System.
Qualifications & Certifications
Daramalan College Yr 12 Canberra 1993
Public Sector Management
Banking and Finance
University of Canberra
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more