Claim you profile
In my position with Cervalis, I managed three mission critical Tier 3 data centers, business continuity suites, and critical system support infrastructure servicing high-end customers to include financial institutions. While with Prodigy Communications, I optimized the performance of support operations in corporate headquarters and satellite offices. In this position, I oversaw departments including Facilities, Workstation Support, Reprographics, Mailroom, Shipping & Receiving, Phone Systems, Supplies, and Security to include a back office support and security staff of 25. Career-wide, I have performed needs assessments for customers, staff, and divisions, delivered customized solutions, and exceeded expectations.
Customer-focused, technically proficient strategist in diverse industries with more than 25 years of experience in achieving optimal facility management, operations performance, and team engagement.
• Provide expertise in business development, administrative management, operations establishment and direction, policy development, process improvement, human resources administration, system control, sales, account management, program and project guidance, fiscal oversight, and customer satisfaction.
• Engage in industries including professional services and technology.
• Specialize in establishment and management of data centers, as well as design and deployment of N+1 based system infrastructure.
• Align departments with corporate mission, recruit, train, and focus teams to exceed corporate expectations, and maintain consistently outstanding operations.
• Initiate and expand key business relationships, prioritize and execute extensive agendas in demanding settings, and realize timely and cost-efficient deliveries of concurrent projects.
• Maximize opportunities to increase productivity, boost efficiency, and realize continuous improvement.
Up to June 2013
Director of Facilities
Provided outstanding management of 120,000 square-foot mission critical Tier 3 data center, business continuity suites, and critical system support infrastructure servicing high-end customers, including financial institutions, in New York.
Supervised 5 Facility Technicians operating critical system equipment including 14 UPS's, more than 7 megawatts of diesel generator back-up, data center HVAC equipment, and N+2 chill water HVAC production plant. Managed 5 Security Guards and contract trades, and provided fiscal oversight. Controlled equipment including 2 megawatt diesel generators, 250kVA diesel generator, CRAC’s, ATS’s, 13.2v/480v substations, 600 ton Trane centrifugal chillers, 750 ton water towers, and multiple pumps, as well as physical security and access control.
Created Physical Security procedures and forms, participated in Disaster Recovery-Business Continuity product launch, and engaged with customers for product demonstrations, lead generation, sales, installations, issue resolutions, and enhancements.
• Performed key role in transitioning New York facility from start-up to 90% occupancy.
• Participated in establishment of mission critical facilities and staffing in Stamford, Connecticut, and Totowa, New Jersey.
• Designed and purchased electrical-mechanical equipment for capital improvement project valued at more than $20M.
• Maintained 0 customer-impacting operations for 12 years in face of numerous power failures and weather crises.
• Provided customer experience with uptime rate of 100% through continuous monitoring of operations, optimal equipment management, and expeditious issue resolutions.
Director, Administrative Operations
Management of all corporate support operations within corporate headquarters and satellite offices.
• Responsible for the operation of an internet datacenter and all Critical Systems infrastructure including UPS systems, datacenter HVAC, emergency diesel generators and HVAC production plant.
• Management of all support departments including, Workstation Support, Phone Systems, Mail, Shipping/Receiving, Document Reproduction and Supplies.
• Responsible for all Physical Security offices within the company.
• Coordinated the closing of 150+ POP offices throughout the country
• Served as Safety chairperson to reduce workman's compensation costs by 43%
• Designed and purchased electrical/mechanical equipment for $30M capital improvement project.
• Interim Human Resources responsible for interviewing, hiring, union grievances, record keeping, policy development, and clear articulation of Mill Management goals and objectives.
Effective Management Services
Instrumental in the development and launching of the Effective Management Services division of Effective Security. EMS was a contract personnel service company providing expert staffing of back office operations.
• Managed contract personnel at various customer locations.
• Worked with eth sales team to close new business.
• Assisted with recruiting of personnel to staff customer sites.
Data Processing Center Manager
Managed the largest service center in the division Products included, bill processing, printing and distribution. Laser document production and microfiche services.
Qualifications & Certifications
Electronic Computer Programming Inst
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.