Claim you profile
While in college, I tested out of having to take any English or Literature courses. I have proof read two autobiographies within the last 2 years and I have a talent for detecting spelling and grammar mistakes.
My parents always have me proof read any documents that they write or journal articles.
Allshouse Supported Living Services, Inc
In-home support services provided as an independent contractor monitored by the state government and the Agency for Persons with Disabilities for developmentally disabled adults. Duties include:
• Managing finances, administering medications, shopping, cooking, cleaning, ensuring safety, wound care, activities, transportation, providing input for yearly support plans, and collecting data for two behavior analysis programs.
• Companion services include transportation and supervision of activities outside of the home to integrate consumers into the community for a more normalized lifestyle, recreation and entertainment.
• Personal Care assistance involves assisting with bathing, dressing, meals, socialization, exercise/stretching. Physical therapy and speech therapy is done daily under the instructions given by licensed therapists.
Group Leader / Training Instructor
Pinellas Association for Retarded Citizens
Supervised and instructed a group of 10 to 15 developmentally disabled and brain-injured adults as they worked in an Adult Day Training program, performing piecework and assembly duties.
• Calculated time sheets based on amount of work completed. Non-violent Crisis Management to intervene with behavior issues. Provided activities in times of low levels of production.
• Collected data and implemented behavior plans provided by assigned behavior analysts.
• Written notes describing the work and progress of each individual to be inputted into the plans.
• Supervised transportation vehicles arriving and departing with workers for safety and organizational purposes.
Hillsborough County Development Center
2003 - 2005
Residential intermediate care facility assigned to supervise and manage a house containing 16 adult residents who had various levels of developmental disabilities including brain injury, cerebral palsy, and physical limitations that resulted in most of them being confined to a wheelchair or motorized chair.
• Supervised three shifts of staff members and three house managers.
• Instructed and trained new staff members, modeling techniques to run the written programs for each resident.
• Wrote new programs for activities, therapy, and exercise for the residents and created graphs to chart their progress.
• Developed and wrote Habilitation Plans each year for each resident.
• Chaired the meetings for quarterly and yearly updates of support plans.
• Used Behavior interventions after attending meetings with the psychiatrist.
• Monitored meals and nutrition plans for each resident.
• Ensured medications were delivered by nursing staff.
• Kept inventories of residents' clothing and personal belongings.
• Visited the Day Training programs to record progress concerning production and art projects.
• Assisted with the intake process of new residents. Interviewed new applicants for direct care positions.
Roe and Associates Behavior Services
Family Services Counselor
Florida Department of Children and Families
Hillsborough Country School System
Tampa Bay Academy
Direct Care Worker
Black Mountain Center
Licensed Life Insurance Representative Massachusetts Mutual Companies
Journal of European Cruise
Edited this account of the travels of a senior married couple to Spain, Portugal, Southern France, and The Bahamas.
Autobiography of Walter Brooks
The life story of a 75 year-old man who has had four children and worked 30 years in the life insurance business.
Qualifications & Certifications
Florida State University
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more