Claim you profile
Board Level Experience
I have been an executive director since 1996 under large corporate ownership and latterly private ownership.
July 2007 - October 2013
• Part of executive team forming strategy
• Achieved consistent profit growth over the period peaking at £3.8m (£2.8m in 2010) EBITDA on sales of £21m in the year to 31 March 2012.
• Acquisition and merger experience
• Successfully developed strong trading relationships with key blue chip organisations including Amazon, BBC, and Random House
• Launched a website with download and streaming functionality
• Chaired steering group replacing ERP system (SAP) with Bookmaster
• International experience esp USA
BBC Audiobooks Ltd
May 1996 - July 2007
• Played a leading role in evaluating strategy leading to investment in digital platform, direct to consumer business and radio station
• Led the drive to reduce direct costs (50%) by bringing recording, typesetting and graphic design in-house.
• Responsible for management accounts, year-end accounts production, liaison with auditors, all treasury matters, managing team of 8
• Responsible for IT until 2001 when BBC acquired business
• Played a significant role in the due diligence process leading to the sale of the business to BBC Worldwide
• Member of integration team set up by BBC to merge 3 companies
• Member of special project team rolling out BBC SAP across business
• Appointed and worked with digital technology consultant to develop digital storage and delivery solution. Presented and gained approval from BBC Worldwide board for a £2.8m contract.
Chivers Press Ltd
January 1987 - May 1996
• Hands-on production of monthly and year end accounts
• Member of project team upgrading ERP system to CISPUB
• Member of integration team following acquisition of US publisher in 1989
In my early career I also worked as factory accountant for EMI-Varian (defence electronics) and management accountant for TNT-IPEC
Award winning BBC Leadership course completed in 2006/7 consisting of residential course at Ashridge Business School with follow-up coaching over 6 months.
Qualifications & Certifications
ONC Business Studies
Uxbridge Technical College
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.