Claim you profile
Board Level Experience
I have been an executive director since 1996 under large corporate ownership and latterly private ownership.
July 2007 - October 2013
• Part of executive team forming strategy
• Achieved consistent profit growth over the period peaking at £3.8m (£2.8m in 2010) EBITDA on sales of £21m in the year to 31 March 2012.
• Acquisition and merger experience
• Successfully developed strong trading relationships with key blue chip organisations including Amazon, BBC, and Random House
• Launched a website with download and streaming functionality
• Chaired steering group replacing ERP system (SAP) with Bookmaster
• International experience esp USA
BBC Audiobooks Ltd
May 1996 - July 2007
• Played a leading role in evaluating strategy leading to investment in digital platform, direct to consumer business and radio station
• Led the drive to reduce direct costs (50%) by bringing recording, typesetting and graphic design in-house.
• Responsible for management accounts, year-end accounts production, liaison with auditors, all treasury matters, managing team of 8
• Responsible for IT until 2001 when BBC acquired business
• Played a significant role in the due diligence process leading to the sale of the business to BBC Worldwide
• Member of integration team set up by BBC to merge 3 companies
• Member of special project team rolling out BBC SAP across business
• Appointed and worked with digital technology consultant to develop digital storage and delivery solution. Presented and gained approval from BBC Worldwide board for a £2.8m contract.
Chivers Press Ltd
January 1987 - May 1996
• Hands-on production of monthly and year end accounts
• Member of project team upgrading ERP system to CISPUB
• Member of integration team following acquisition of US publisher in 1989
In my early career I also worked as factory accountant for EMI-Varian (defence electronics) and management accountant for TNT-IPEC
Award winning BBC Leadership course completed in 2006/7 consisting of residential course at Ashridge Business School with follow-up coaching over 6 months.
Qualifications & Certifications
ONC Business Studies
Uxbridge Technical College
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more