Claim you profile
June 2011 - January 2014
Support Expat Families in the region of Basel:
o Document translations (German to English)
o Housing issues (Service contracts)
o Organization of appointments (Townhall/Car service/ etc)
July 2009 - December 2010
Optimization of AR/Credit Department and process structure
• Implementation of new Process flow with in AR / Credit department
Coaching of individual
European Credit Manager
Mexx Europe B.V
September 2006 - June 2009
Managed and was responsible for customers (appr. 3000) in all Mexx entities.
• Was responsible for the set up of a new structure with in the Credit/Cash Department of Mexx.
• Implementation of a new AR System (JDE / Workflow) and alignment of Credit & Collection/AR
functions with US parent Company (Liz Claiborne).
• Set up of new Credit insurance policies, performance of risk analysis for major customers
• Management of a team of 21 people, with 4 direct reporting lines
Finance Manager EMEA & APAC
Network management hardware and software
August 2005 - September 2006
• Managed and was responsible for the Network General B.V. office in Amsterdam
• Reviewed and supported all of B.V. contracts ( EMEA / APAC / LTAM & Canada)
• Transitioned all of the Credit & Collection/AR functions from the US headquarters
• Liaised with Order Operations, Sales Operations and Customer Service
Was responsible for a team of 10 people.
Sr. Credit & Collection Analyst EMEA
Memory Cards for computer
January 2003 - July 2005
• Managed and was responsible for setting up the new Credit&Collection/AR/Claim Department
• Set up procedures and reporting to ensure coverage of all Credit & Collection/AR responsibilities
• Was responsible for all L/C and bank guarantee activities for the European customers.
• Performed risk analysis for European customers
Managed a team of 5 people
Senior Business Analyst/Credit & Collection
August 2000 - December 2002
Coordinated and executed the implementation of credit & collection tool within the Computron
• Was responsible for all training requirements necessary for systems implementation.
• Effectively documented existing business processes
• Defined the roles and responsibilities of the organization and articulated changes between current and future processes.
• Translated business requirements to functional applications and identified areas where there was a need to build an application for credit/operational competences.
Billing and Collections Manager
April 1998 - July 2000
Managed and was responsible for setting up the billing and collections polices and procedures for 40
European and non European customers, including EMEA & APAC in the Reebok new SSC.
• Systems development and implementation for SAP in order to meet company requirements.
• Executed all credit control decisions for customers and was responsible for all negotiations involving
customers to achieve company standards.
• Had responsibility for managing billing and receivables for 300 million US$ including establishment of credit instruments to cover 85% of total debt.
Was responsible for sales order accuracy as it related to production of billing documents.
Credit Controller/Team Lead
April 1994 - March 1998
Implemented SAP credit control policies and procedures including payment terms, credit limits, and negotiations for payment plans for all Reebok Germany customers.
• Managed a team of 5 people.
• Was instrumental in the implementation of the SAP system for Reebok Germany from the accounts
receivable side and helped with the integration into the Shared Services Center.
Implementation of the use and focus on credit tools and KPIs (DSO/+90 days/Cash Forecast).
April 1992 - March 1994
Was responsible for all account receivable including dealing with major credit card companies.
• Was weekend manager and was responsible for all hotel functions and customer related issues while on duty.
Atlantic Hotel Kempinski
March 1991 - March 1992
Closed out day shift and managed all hotel functions during the night shift.
Preparation of all Finance activities for the day shift.
Apprenticeship in Hotel Management
September 1987 - January 1991
Worked in all major departments of the hotel, including spending 1 year in Campbell River, Canada
managing the Bachmair Bavarian Apartment Hotel.
Qualifications & Certifications
Economy and Law
University of Munich
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.