Michael Armani Design Studio is a full service multi-disciplinary design office specializing in RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL INTERIOR DESIGN and Interior Architecture. Our work covers High-end Residential, Resort, Hotel, Corporate Office, Restaurant, Retail Store, Nightclub, and Tenant Improvement projects.
It is our belief that both entities, Interior Design & Architecture, are inseparable and must
be handled simultaneously so that the final outcome of the design process is cohesive and unique. Our approach is to hone in on the “Design Esthetic” of each individual Client, work
with their stylistic preferences, and carry this vision to its highest level. Our involvement in the design process, from concept to execution, ensures that the Client's needs and taste are met.
New Construction & Tenant Improvement - All Phases of Design for Commercial & Residential Projects:
1. Schematic Design.
2. Conceptual Design
3. Design Development.
4. Construction Documentation.
6. Construction Administration & Installation.
To include the following:
• PROJECT MANAGEMENT and Client relations, with an exceptional ability for
multi-lingual communication and team work.
• CORPORATE BRAND INTEGRATION into the design for Commercial projects.
• Space Programming & Planning.
• ARCHITECTURAL DETAILING, Color & Material Specifications.
• FURNITURE & FIXTURE SPECIFICATIONS, Color & Material selections, Color Boards.
• Budgeting & Estimating.
• FURNITURE & FIXTURE Purchasing & Installation Coordination.
• Custom Furniture & Millwork design.
• Lighting, Art & Accessory Selections.
• Verification of 'Existing Condition' of facilities.
• Know-how and coordination with Architects, and Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, etc., Engineers.
• Consulting with other Interior and Architectural Design Firms.
Office: (818) 762-7046
Principal & Creative Director
Michael Armani Design Studio
January 1990 - January 1990
Architectural & Interior Designer Michael Armani is a graduate of the California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, CA. In 1986, Mr. Armani had the opportunity to finish his last year of studies in Florence, Italy, where he received his Bachelors Degree in Architecture.
Upon completing his degree, Mr. Armani moved to Milan in the summer of 1987 and worked for highly respected and innovative Interior & Architectural Design firms. With several years of working abroad and in the United States, Michael Armani Design Studio was established in 1990, in Los Angeles. The California experience has provided Mr. Armani with yet another point of view on Interior Design and Architecture, in the arenas of Commercial & Residential design.
Over the years, Mr. Armani was also involved in Production Design and Art Direction for both television and feature films. His first foray into the Entertainment Industry was in 1992, for which he received an Emmy Nomination for Best Art Director, for an HBO movie "Barbarians At The Gate". This nomination led him to art-direct several feature films and industry events, thus helping to expand his vision in the practice of Interior Design and Architecture.
Mr. Armani continues to live and practice in Los Angeles, California.
Qualifications & Certifications
California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo
San Jose State University