Knowledge of training, learning and the business as a whole. Knowledge of the function of the training department, training options available, and differing learning and training styles. Having a systematic approach to training, an understanding of design, tailored training and an appreciation of the challenges trainers face. Knowledge of HR and the strategic developments in the
HR/T&D world. Understanding of key techniques – TNA, evaluation, transfer of learning (putting learning in to practice in the workplace). An understanding of technology and its role in T&D – from
e-learning to training administration systems, being computer literate.Effective at managing client and stakeholder relationships
- Part time
Principal Practitioner - Learning) - Technical Training
From February 1997
Period: February 1997 - Present (17 years work experience of which 8 years is in training)
Position held: Principal Practitioner - Learning) - Technical Training
Statement of responsibilities:
• Execute daily Technical Training delivery routine work according to strategy, policies and procedures within prescribed guidelines.
• Support Assistant Manager - Learning in delivering on technical training to achieve targets, meet operation needs, and achieve mine objectives and purpose.
• Plan and implement all training activities and tasks for achievement of best practice and quality training delivery.
• Facilitate the training and assessments of the workforce/learners according to legal requirements, applicable international standards (ISO) and in alignment with the Global Learning Strategy, frameworks, policies and guidelines.
• Facilitate the process in delivering learning interventions through variety of learning methodologies.
• Conducts evaluation of learning that has taken place in terms of measurable improvement in job performance and knowledge transfer. Sources information and implements strategies to assist and support learners to effectively manage their learning experience within an individual development plan
This includes the following:
• Devising interventions for Learners who have special needs, Guiding Learners with regards to their Learning, Assessment and Recognition opportunities.
• Ensure that personal contribution contributes towards the Learning Delivery team achieving short term goals.
• Deliver on mutually agreed expectations.
• Aligning own performance objectives with strategic focus.
• Setting goals and plans that are integrated with the requirements of customers.
• Rapidly responding to meet changing business environments, opportunities and threats.
• Ensure that all Learning, charter, legal, health, hygiene, safety and environment legislation requirements are met.
• Create and drive superior customer satisfaction.
Control Room Operator (Sergeant Major)
Pritchard Security Services
July 1988 - January 1997
Statement of responsibilities:
• Staff the security control room and operate all the functions, to agreed levels, within it including CCTV, alarm and telephonic and radio systems, as well as the distribution of keys, recording details in the logbook as appropriate.
• Direct patrolling security officers to attend incidents and help co-ordinate situations with the Supervisor.
• Undertake single person internal and external patrolling on foot or using vehicular means (including cycles).
• Attend and pro-actively deal with any security-related incident, as directed by the supervisor or other member of facilities management staff.
• Record all incidents in the appropriate format and write concise and accurate incident reports as necessary.
• Operate security-related and personal protective equipment following company procedures, ensuring the equipment is clean and stored correctly, reporting any faults to the supervisor.
• Deal professionally with victims of crime and individuals in confrontational situations. It is expected that individuals committing crimes at the premises will be observed, detained or arrested at the officer's discretion awaiting the arrival of the Police.
• Undertake staff training as required and receive guidance and instruction from the supervisor when necessary. Help train new members of patrol staff in working at Security Services and complete assessment forms as required.
• Carry out special duties, e.g. assisting at any emergency incident as directed by the Security Services Supervisor, Manager or Deputy.
Sasol Techno Xpo
The future is rooted in technology and science - Sasol Techno X, is an exhibition that focuses on displays, workshops, tours, talks and hands-on activities aimed at enthusing learners, students and the general public about the endless possibilities of science and technology.
Sasol Techno X seeks to expose, at a practical level, the many facets of technology and encourage learners to explore the wide range of exciting disciplines and career choices that science, maths and technology offer.
Qualifications & Certifications
Central University of Technology
Maccauvlei Academy of Learning
Personnel & Training Management
Damelin Management School