IT Technical Technician
ENR Business Enterprise
August 2013 - October 2013
August 2013-October 2013
IT Technical Technician
Key Roles and Duties
Management of the Company's IT System
• Designing, managing and updating databases
• Undertake file back-up processes
• Archive completed project e-files as and when required
• Provide specialist input to reports and studies being drafted by other staff members
• Design network structures and fix networking problems
• Software and Hardware troubleshooting
• Install, maintain and update all company machines, printers and the servers
Management of Retail systems
• Configuring new machines for new branches and other departments. This includes: OS and application software installation, email configuration and configuring and network printing.
• Troubleshooting and resolving connectivity challenges on LAN, WAN, internet and local intranet
• Configuration of new branch servers. Includes installation of Windows Server 2003, partitioning of the disks and installing other software packages used by the client.
• Troubleshooting and repairing computer hardware faults. Hardware includes desktops, laptops, printers, scanners and servers.
• Configuring and troubleshooting dial up connections.
• Configuring routers, modems and switches.
• Providing second-level hardware and software support to over 300 users.
• Installing and maintaining antivirus software and ensuring that all the operating systems are fully patched.
• Train retail system users on the retail system
• Providing first-line user support on the IT help desk
• Plan and allocate resources for the projects
• Plan and organise research and development of projects as required
• Coordinate project execution
• Monitor and evaluate the projects
• Systems Analysis and design
• Database and network administration
• User training and systems integration
• Advising clients on the best solutions for their hardware and software for their needs
• Creating quotations for client hardware and software requirements
Systems Support Technician
October 2009 - July 2013
Assistant Information and Technology (IT)
June 2008 - May 2009
Holdings Limited Consultant
Qualifications & Certifications
National University of Science and Technology
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more