Have practiced in the High Court of Madras for almost 3 years, with exposure to writ procedure , filing and attending to court work
Legal & HR
From August 2013
• Handling Litigation at various levels.
• Contract Vetting and Drafting
• Liaison with Forest and Police Departments.
• Individually handling land disputes pending with Government.
VTX Group of Industries
October 2010 - August 2013
• Handling varied litigation ( including filing of New Briefs (including negotiation of fees) , regularly follow up on pending litigation, facilitate out of court settlements, Execution of Decrees, etc ) pending in India, USA, UK, Europe , Australia and UAE
1. CIVIL - Money Suits, Property issues, Commercial Contracts, Specific Performance and Banking
2. CRIMINAL - Cases u/s 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act (Filing and Defending) , Criminal Complaints in Police Stations, Initiation of litigation against criminal offenses against the Company .eg. Cheating , misappropriation etc.
3. COMPANY LAW - Co-ordinate with Company Secretary for all litigations arising out of non compliance of company Law, compounding of offenses u/s 621A of companies Act.
4. ARBITRATION - Representing Company in Arbitration proceedings - both National and International.
5. LABOUR - Issue of show cause notices, framing of charge sheets, conducting Domestic Enquirers, issue of Termination orders and handling of Labour Litigation from Conciliation levels to Supreme Court
6. FEMA - Handling issues relating to Subsidiaries abroad, Violation of FEMA regulations, disinvestment from Foreign subsidiaries etc
7. EXIM - Issues relating to Directorate of Foreign Trade (DGFT) - compliance of EPGC Licenses, Issues relating to RBI regulations for recovery of Foreign dues, Filing claim with Export Credit Guarantee Corporation.
8. TAX - Attended hearing on behalf of Company before various Tax Departments including Income Tax, Central Excise, Service Tax etc.
• Liaison with Advocates and Attorneys for
1. Co-ordinated with Advocates in various courts including City Civil Courts, Judicial Magistrate Courts , Labour Courts, High Courts of various States like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, New Delhi, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh.
2. Co-ordinated with Law Firms and their Attorneys in USA, Europe, UK and UAE.
• Intellectual Property Rights in USA, Europe , UK and India.
Qualifications & Certifications
Bachelor of Law
Government Law College
St Anns Convent Girsl Higher Secondary School, Aruvankadu
St Josephs Convent Girsl Higher Secondary School, Coonoor
Secretary of History & Economics Department in Higher Secondary
Human Rights Forum
Government Law College
Institute of Company Secretaries of India
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more