Have practiced in the High Court of Madras for almost 3 years, with exposure to writ procedure , filing and attending to court work
Legal & HR
From August 2013
• Handling Litigation at various levels.
• Contract Vetting and Drafting
• Liaison with Forest and Police Departments.
• Individually handling land disputes pending with Government.
VTX Group of Industries
October 2010 - August 2013
• Handling varied litigation ( including filing of New Briefs (including negotiation of fees) , regularly follow up on pending litigation, facilitate out of court settlements, Execution of Decrees, etc ) pending in India, USA, UK, Europe , Australia and UAE
1. CIVIL - Money Suits, Property issues, Commercial Contracts, Specific Performance and Banking
2. CRIMINAL - Cases u/s 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act (Filing and Defending) , Criminal Complaints in Police Stations, Initiation of litigation against criminal offenses against the Company .eg. Cheating , misappropriation etc.
3. COMPANY LAW - Co-ordinate with Company Secretary for all litigations arising out of non compliance of company Law, compounding of offenses u/s 621A of companies Act.
4. ARBITRATION - Representing Company in Arbitration proceedings - both National and International.
5. LABOUR - Issue of show cause notices, framing of charge sheets, conducting Domestic Enquirers, issue of Termination orders and handling of Labour Litigation from Conciliation levels to Supreme Court
6. FEMA - Handling issues relating to Subsidiaries abroad, Violation of FEMA regulations, disinvestment from Foreign subsidiaries etc
7. EXIM - Issues relating to Directorate of Foreign Trade (DGFT) - compliance of EPGC Licenses, Issues relating to RBI regulations for recovery of Foreign dues, Filing claim with Export Credit Guarantee Corporation.
8. TAX - Attended hearing on behalf of Company before various Tax Departments including Income Tax, Central Excise, Service Tax etc.
• Liaison with Advocates and Attorneys for
1. Co-ordinated with Advocates in various courts including City Civil Courts, Judicial Magistrate Courts , Labour Courts, High Courts of various States like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, New Delhi, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh.
2. Co-ordinated with Law Firms and their Attorneys in USA, Europe, UK and UAE.
• Intellectual Property Rights in USA, Europe , UK and India.
Qualifications & Certifications
Bachelor of Law
Government Law College
St Anns Convent Girsl Higher Secondary School, Aruvankadu
St Josephs Convent Girsl Higher Secondary School, Coonoor
Secretary of History & Economics Department in Higher Secondary
Human Rights Forum
Government Law College
Institute of Company Secretaries of India