Holder of a BSc Degree in Agricultural Education from the University of Swaziland, with 28 years of hands on work experience in various companies on different irrigation systems, crop and farm management, training and extension as well as people skills. Coordinating the BIP programme (Continuous Business Improvement Program)
Has held various Management Positions in a number of organizations and has done assignments with Maguga Projects (Soils feasibility study for sugarcane growing in Swaziland) and the training of all small scale sugarcane growers in Swaziland.
Highly stable, committed and enjoys new challenges
Açucareira de Xinavane - Moçambique
From June 2008
Manage over 6000 Ha of the estate farm land by managing all aspects of cane production and harvesting.
Facilitate the production of high yields and quality cane at minimum cost.
Preparation and control of budgets.
Promoting and implementing environmental and safety programs within the areas.
Planning and implementing the area’s short to medium term replanting and harvesting programme
Participating in departmental and sectional strategic meetings.
Coordinating all farm cultural operations and preparing periodic activity reports for area.
Applying the NOSA principle on all activities
Ubombo Sugar - Swaziland
June 2000 - May 2008
• Heading 6000 Ha, of the estate farm land and managing all aspects of cane production
• Facilitate the production of high yields and quality cane at minimum cost.
• Preparation and control of budgets for the estate.
• Following all aspect of ISO in terms QSHE
Ubombo Sugar - Swaziland
April 1995 - May 2000
• Training needs Analysis and target group course design.
• Recruitment and training of all management trainees in all aspects of cane husbandry, extension with an objective of meeting the Company’s Core business plan.
• Planning and recommending formal training to enhance knowledge and skills where this can’t be achieved in-house.
• Design courses and Training of Small sugarcane grower in Swaziland
IYSIS - Swaziland
May 1990 - March 1992
• Soil Surveys – -Suitability to sugarcane growing ( Bush Surveys)
-updating previous surveys
- Water table measurement and mapping
• Drainage layout based on water table results.
• Saline and sodic condition mapping and ameliorants recommendations
• Replants Fields soils report
Management Trainee to Section Manager
IYSIS - Swaziland
November 1986 - February 1989
• Heading a Section responsible for all operations in a section.
• Preparation and control of budgets.
• Preparing periodic activity reports for section.
• Won a section of the year award(Average TCH of 135t/ha)
Maguga dam - Soils feasibility study for sugarcane production
involved in a soils feasibilty for sugarcane production in a project that involved over 10000 ha. This involved classification and mapping of soils in terms of their suitability for sugarcane production in particular and other crops in general.
Sugarcane expansion - Açucareira de Xinavane - Moçambique
Has played pivotal role in Tongaat Huletts project at Açucareira de Xinavane in Moçambique where there was a need for vertical and horizontal expansion. Leading a team of 11 middle manages from different countries, was able to improve cane yields from an average of 70 tons/ha to 100 tons/ha over three years in a 9000-ha farm.
In this project, was involved with team building, and setting up sugarcane management systems. This also involved the training and development of managers with tertiary education to managers with the required acumen for sound sugarcane production. Involved with budgeting and control of resources. This involved identfying cost-reduction oppurtunities that saw a dramatic drop in the cost of the extensive human resource in the industry and use of recoverable energy (fuel). Played a pivotal role in the changing of culture amongst locals to ambrace sound work ethics.
Qualifications & Certifications
Management Development program (MDP)
Senior Certificate in Sugarcane Husbandry
Mount Edgecombe - Durban
Bachelors of Science Degree in Agricultural Education
University of Swaziland
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more