Claim you profile
Babysitter, Teacher, Child And Youth Counselor,Caregiver
I am a Child and Youth Counselor in which I was able to work with families individually with their children to achieve certain goals, for example for the child to develop independence. I have also taught at a Preschool so I do in-cooperate this when I work with kids on a whole. I will teach them to read, learn their abc's and also get the kids involved in arts and craft along with any creative activities to help promote healthy cognitive ability and motor skills.
Power Play Summer Camp
July 2011 - August 2011
July 2012-August 2012
Develop programs for camp members according to their needs
mentoring and supporting individuals to encourage social inclusion
offering counseling to individuals
assessing the needs of young people, and planning and delivering programs related to areas such as health, fitness, smoking, drugs, relationships and bullying;
Mellina Orr (850) 341-6943
• working with parents and community groups to win support for improved provision and acting as an advocate for young people's interests;
• establish trusting and meaningful one-to-one relationships with children, youth and families
• help individuals and families identify personal strengths and resources for positive change
Montage Support Services
January 2008 - January 2009
October 2007 - August 2008
experiencing mental health concerns.
• Assist clients with mild brain injury in transition from physiotherapy to community based activities.
• Assist clients with their daily programming and rehab transition to their daily activities
• Assist parents with preparing their children for daycare
• Participated in the Person Directed Planning process;
• Assist in supporting individuals achieve to their potential by building a rapport with clients and their families
September 2007 - December 2007
George Hull Centre
September 2006 - December 2006
YWY4C (CEO) Let's Talk Program
January 2005 - August 2010
John D. Parker
September 2005 - December 2005
• Assisted, coached and motivated students in before and after school academic programs in order to improve their academic performance
• Facilitated in-class assessments and progress reports
• Assisted teachers with challenging students; disabilities - physical, behavioral and learning, mental health, substance abuse - Section 20 classroom, brain injuries
• Initiated, organized and facilitated self-esteem, anger management and peer support activities at placement locations
• Developed, implemented and facilitated youth engagement programming
• Assist with home school programming with students who may have difficulty completing homework and may have difficulty reading.
• Initiated the use of art and music into interactive programs designed to facilitate team building and positive communication skills
• Performed administrative duties to accurately register and intake new clients into programming
• Completed and presented bi- weekly client discharge reports
Mellina Orr (850) 341-6943
Community / Volunteer Experience:
• Coordinator and tutor for the West Toronto Music Group (Steel Pan) for the eight consecutive years
• Director - Deliverance New Testament Church of God's Vacation Bible School
• Manager and facilitator of the West Toronto community annual summer clothing outreach program for young, single mothers in Trinidad and Tobago
• Part-time music teacher at Treble Clef Music School
• Facilitator of the book donation drive of the West Toronto Church of God Children's Library
• Peer Tutor for two years at Downsview Secondary School
• Mentor community youth with social and family issues
• Facilitated and orchestrated Greenholme Junior Middle School after school Steel Pan/Life Skill Program for at risk students.
Qualifications & Certifications
Humber College of Applied Arts and Technology
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more