Degree In Criminology
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Girls Luncheon Volunteer
Victoria Youth Custody Center
February 2010 - January 2012
• Interacted with the female juvenile offenders during their free time using mediums such as crafts, games and outdoor activities in effort to create positive female relationships.
• Had a responsibility to be a positive role model, to be open and understanding of their current life situations, and to provide honest and helpful information when required.
• These experiences have allowed me to refine my ability to interact and communicate with the juvenile offender.
Victoria Youth Custody Center
May 2008 - January 2010
• In this position I helped male young offenders with their mandatory studies at the facility.
• Primarily assisted with English and Mathematics.
• Patience and understanding were two skills that I highly utilized as many of these young men found school work to be difficult and frustrating.
• I had responsibility to be a positive role model to them, and to encourage them to move forward with their education.
• Both volunteer experiences helped me realize the importance of compassion and understanding when working with young juvenile offenders.
The Tapa Bar
From September 2007
• This fast paced, high volume restaurant requires organization, the ability to multi-task, to work effectively under pressure, to interact and communicate with the public, to problem solve and work as part of a collaborative team.
• I have also assisted in some administrative duties by assisting the manager with scheduling, memo writing, daily cash-outs, and speaking with people over the phone that may have complaints or questions about the business.
Flash Flooring Incorporated
March 2005 - September 2008
• In this position I performed various administrative duties.
• I scheduled appointments and answered the phone.
• Created estimates and was in charge of billing.
• I did payroll using QuickBooks.
• Become proficient in both MS Word and Excel on Windows OS.
• This position required the ability to communicate effectively and resolve customer issues.
• Required me to type fifty words per minute.
The Mill Marine Bistro
April 2002 - April 2005
• I was a member of the opening team of this restaurant.
• Utilized many of the skills required for this industry which include working effectively under pressure, multi-tasking, positive and successful teamwork, ability to read and understand different people, and to problem solve quickly.
• I also utilized leadership capabilities in this position by training new staff, performing opening and closing duties, taking responsibility of the floor while on shift, and giving creating input into the polices, menu items and assembly of the restaurant.
Qualifications & Certifications
management and intervention
Justice Institute of British Columbia
Simon Fraser University
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more