Business Performance Improvement
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Melhim has previously with KPMG for four years as an IT manager. He was responsible for the management of the IT operations, IT budgeting, network configuration, user administration, security management, infrastructure design and implementation, and IT reporting. In addition to this, Melhim was responsible for IT auditing services of KPMG clients. His duties included reporting on client’s IT risk management environment and activities, evaluation of the IT security environment, developing IT and risk management recommendations for the client to meet market standards and regulatory requirements. Melhim has attended several regional and international training courses in the field of IT and risk management with KPMG.
Melhim has started working with PwC in Performance Improvement advisory services and IT audits projects as a supervisor in June 2006. He has provided implementation projects and training for clients of the Team Mate application (PwC's proprietary internal audit management software). Melhim has also participated in many advisory projects within the region (Levant and the Gulf) and has demonstrated professional attitude in dealing with teams and organizing project plans.
Recently, in August 2013, Melhim joined Amerab Business Solutions and took over the responsibility of customer relationship management role and the analysis of compliance operations in banking and financial institutions.
Specialties: Melhim’s qualifications could be summarized in the following areas:
Business processes re-engineering
IT and operations risk Management
Systems and applications selection and evaluation
Experience in industries:
Banking and Financial institutions
Reinsurance and reinsurance brokerage
Systems and ERP Implementation
From July 2013
- Consultant for technology services for major Lebanese Banks in the field of compliance including anti-money laundry systems, customer due diligence, and FATCA.
- Risk management systems consulting for Risk Based Approach recommendation.
Freelance business ICT consultant
July 2012 - July 2013
- IT audit jobs for various industries, mainly banks, in Lebanon
- Risk management systems implementation for financial operations.
- Anti-Money Laundry systems and FATCA systems advisor for major Lebanese banks.
- Project managed the implementation of local ERP (enterprise relationship planning) systems through coordination of taskforce teams and narrowing down customization.
- Advised and project managed system implementation (Pivot Point reinsurance system, Great Plains corporate accounting, and HRMS).
- Assessment of RFP responses for Regie De Liban.
- Performed IT controls review for First National Bank in Beirut, YS Auto in Beirut, and Tobacco administration in Beirut.
- Worked with Catex London on fiduciary accounting controls for reinsurance brokers.
- Managed implementation of MS Dynamics (Great Plains) in local companies for three different industries (retail, FMCG, and an insurance brokerage)
Chedid Re, July
Up to June 2012
* Chedid Re Lebanon - implementation of a complex reinsurance broker system (Pivot Point - Catex) and corporate ERP system (Great Plains - MS Dynamics ERP).
- Managed and organized the reinsurance brokerage end-to-end business processes for direct, facultative, and treaty operations.
- Completed a full configuration of IT and business controls for the reinsurance broker application and integration requirements with ERP system.
- Managed the setup of the accounting operations to conform to the requirements of the regulatory financial reporting in relation to the ERP system.
- Conducted full review of the IT controls in MS Dynamics ERP and accounting system and setup the required configurations based on corporate accounting policies.
- Ensured that IT infrastructure in properly set-up for support ERP requirements.
Manager in IT Audit and advisory services
June 2006 - June 2010
- Project manager with a team of IT auditors supporting financial audit teams.
- Manager in performance improvement services team in the EMEA region.
- Management consulting, business process improvement and redesign, and operations policies and procedures, and project management initiatives.
- Co-managed ERP system (Rockwise, by Dynamesh) implementation in a large conglomerate in Nigeria (Setraco), across 5 different countries.
* Supervisor in IT auditing services
- Business controls reviews and IT audit.
- IT risks assessment projects manager.
* Team mate implementer champion
- Provided implementation training and assistance to clients acquiring the internal audit software of PwC (Teammate) in addition to marketing and presentation.
- Trained teams of internal auditors in managing the audit and reporting cycle.
Chief Information Officer
February 2001 - June 2006
- Project manager for the implementation of KPMG global IT strategy in Beirut office and management of the IT operations, IT budgeting, network design and configuration, user administration, operation security management, infrastructure design and control implementation, and IT reporting.
- IT audit projects manager supporting the team of financial auditors in ensuring that data produced by clients automated systems are properly controlled to maintain integrity, consistency and accuracy.
* Information Risk Management senior professional
- Auditing KPMG client's business operations, reporting on client's risk management environment and controls, evaluation of the IT security measures, developing IT and risk management recommendations.
- Attended seminar with the Central Bank of Lebanon and IT auditing banks and IT controls in the local banks. I started the IT audit practice at that time with KPMG as I received further training in Holland and Dubai.
- Liaise with the Regional Information Risk Management professionals.
International consultation for various clients in Lebanon and abroad
* Been involved in Jordan, France, United Kingdom, Nigeria, United States, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Iraq (very short)
Have been involved in intensive travelling schedule with KPMG, PwC, and personal consulting project. I have no objection or reservations on travelling.
Languages Arabic - "Excellent"; English - "Excellent"; French - "Fair"
Qualifications & Certifications
Lebanese American University
Lebanese American University
Beirut Baptist School
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more