Claim you profile
During my career I have been called upon to utilise my organisational skills in many different areas. I am able to plan and prioritise my workload to ensure deadlines are met, I am capable of initiating and navigating change successfully and purposefully. I am an effective communicator at all levels.
Buyer (Transactional) Business Services (Contract Role)
March 2013 - September 2013
• Processing Purchase Orders for the Procurement Department in SAP
• Investigating SAP to resolve account queries
• Stakeholder Management
• Specialist Approver within SAP/ Procure to Pay Process
• New Vendor Set up in SAP
• Novating Contracts in SAP
• New Contract Set-up
• SAP Data Extraction/Reporting
• Manage Contract Database
• Ensuring Compliance across all Internal policies
• Team Player
July 2011 - October 2012
- Civil Aircraft Repairs (Contract Role) Security Cleared
• Managing GE'S largest Supplier of Civil Spares
• Sending out 'Request for Quotes'
• Tagging of all Parts/dealing with all tagging issues
• Placing Purchase Orders for monthly provisioning
• Placing Purchase Orders for daily shortages
• Investigating Oracle - one of GE's business systems
• Dealing with all queries arising within the contract
• Updating spreadsheets
• Moving dates out via a backorder report
• Good customer relations
• Driving inventory down (graph with this years savings to date available) approx £260,000
• Driving delinquency down
• Generally ensuring the equilibrium of the contract is adhered to within its boundaries
November 2009 - May 2011
• Expeditor/Purchasing IPU Group, Oldbury
• Procurement Administrator Wellpack, Evesham
• Administrator Worcester City Council
• Tennant Repairs/Social Housing Scheduler Connaught, Bromsgrove
• Data Entry OGL, Kidderminster
• Customer Service/Administration Countrywide, Defford
• Expeditor Boston Mathews, Worcester
• Administrator Acorns Hospice, Worcester
July 2009 - September 2009
• Expedite critical contract (UOR) for MOD (Personal reference refers to this)
• Input acknowledgements on the Progress System
• Update Excel spreadsheet for Contract Manager
• Deal with all accounts queries arising within the contract, unpaid pro forma's and invoices
• Pass on all Engineering queries and monitor outcome for delivery schedule
• Execute instructions from Production Manager and Operations Managers i.e. up to date Reports on current status of critical items and shortages delivery dates etc.
• Input Linefeed items and prices on system
• Build good relationships with suppliers
• General administration faxing, filing, scanning and daily email response
• Input credit card transactions on Excel spreadsheet
• Opening new accounts
• Building relations with Company Representatives for best possible price and service
SPX Cooling Technologies
October 2008 - July 2009
• Develop and maintain excellent supplier relationships to ensure favourable terms, desired quality and prompt delivery in line with contract and aftermarket requirements.
• To purchase and maintain stationery, health and safety items, PPE, car hire, packaging specifically and any other items required. And aftermarket requirements.
• To purchase stock goods based on Bill of Material requirements within the SAP system.
• To expedite delivery of goods and services to ensure timely delivery of goods to suit contract requirements.
• To obtain delivery promises from suppliers and take whatever action is necessary to see that such promises are met and to advise the relevant manager of critical delivery situation.
• Prepare and issue schedule of required deliveries through liaison with each contract- engineer and use for all expediting.
• Obtain prices and place orders for contract goods and services on a timely basis, lowest total costs and required quality.
• To liaise with the shop floor when manufactured items need to be galvanised or powder coated etc. and arrange transport to and from the galvanizers or powder coaters, keeping records for the Production Manager.
• To liaise with engineering on new products, obtaining costing / samples when necessary.
• To clear invoices with queries on Web cycle on a daily basis to ensure payment is made.
• To provide support and cover to the Purchasing & Operations Manager when required and help facilitate initiatives in a timely manner.
• To introduce new systems where necessary, i.e. Kanban system for stationery.
• To book transport and raise delivery notes for goods being despatched from the Factory.
• Weekly meetings to discuss shipping dates as large percentage of items from USA
County Furnishings Ltd
Office Administrator / Receptionist
Worcester Evening News
Assistant Buyer to Company Buyer
Carmichael Fire & Bulk Ltd
Qualifications & Certifications
Customer Service Right First Time
City & Guilds
Worcester Sixth Form College
Worcester College of Art & Design
Mareeba High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more