Claim you profile
Director, Adult Services
Valley Achievement Center
From January 2011
• Develops, maintains and implements individualized programs for developmentally disabled Clients.
• Supervises and trains VAS department administrators, regulates caseloads according to VAS and Kern Regional Center policies and procedures.
• Proactively manages, and enhances, relationships with Kern Regional Center [KRC]; the Department of Developmental Services; the Department of Rehabilitation and other local, state and national agencies.
• Directly oversee Supervisors for the following programs: Supported Employment Program, Individual Placement, and PVSA; Supported Employment Program, Group Placement; Supported Living Services and Community Integration Training; and Power Start Program
• Plans, organizes, coordinates and conducts departmental needs assessments, and service inquiries, to determine the effectiveness of programs and services, and in development of improved processes and procedures as needed.
• Provides leadership and expertise in identifying, formulating, and implementing goals and objectives in compliance with state and federal legal mandates, and other guidelines including the organization's mission and core values.
• Plans, organizes and coordinates the development of processes, strategies and feasibility planning to ensure that the necessary human and monetary resources are appropriately utilized in order to achieve the result expectancies.
• Provide assistance and guidance directing care staff members to ensure delivery of a service "package" appropriate to the client, and in the setting of his/her choice.
• Maintain close contact with the Kern Regional Center; the Department of Rehabilitation and other agencies for the purpose of soliciting new clients, grants and programs.
• Responsible for development of and maintenance of departmental budgets, and headcount, and hiring.
• Responsible for prompt, timely filing of reports, monthly, quarterly and annual, as well as reports requested by the Board of Directors and the Executive...
Supported Employment Program, Administrator
January 2010 - January 2011
• Development and maintenance of all work schedules for the program and staff
• Interview prospective employees and does new hire orientation/training
• Acts a liaison between Department of Rehabilitation, Kern Regional Center and other agencies
• Develops a consistent system of forms, procedures and handbooks that will facilitate an compliant program with all agencies and that also conform with the requirements of Title[s] 17 & 22
• Prepare and maintain all departmental records in compliance with CARF standards to facilitate CARF accreditation
• Assess consumers referred and develops employment plans with individuals based upon referral data and using a person centered technique creates an individual plan for service.
• Implements employment plans for consumers waiting placement observing established timelines and target dates
• Oversees client start dates with, Job Coach and Job Developer and employers to insure a smooth transition of the client to the job site and that adequate support and staffing is in place
• Evaluates efficiency and performance of the client's and does monthly reporting to appropriate agencies of clients' progress
• Conducts all client Intakes
• Maintains a comprehensive billing system
• Develops and implements a training program for all staff
• Conducts staff evaluations
Job Development Specialist
April 2007 - January 2010
Development of Jobs
• Case Management
• Employee Training
• Employment Assessments
• Interviewing Students
• Employment Placement of Students in on-campus and off-campus positions
• Skill Identification
• Resume Creation & Review for Students
• Job Training for Students
• Budget Preparation
• Creation of Marketing Materials
• Conduct Labor Market Surveys & Analysis
• Compile & summarize data for reports
• Management & supervision of 3 - 5 student workers employed by the Job Placement Department
• Organize, Implement, and Serve as the Chair for Bakersfield College Career Day
• Assist in organizing and implementation of internship program
Contracted as a Temporary Employee
February 2006 - March 2007
Borton Petrini, LLP. - Administrative Assistant to Firm Administrator & Firm Managing Partner:
• Transcribed Court Documents
• Composed Letters & Memos
• Assisted in Calendaring for Attorneys
• Scheduled & Made Meetings Arrangements
• Assisted and coordinated outside fund raisers, campaign mixers, and Firm activities.
• Assisted with attorney recruiting
Key Energy - Assistant Manager to the Controller:
• Assisted in Management of accounting department
• Correction of the National Price Book,
• Processing employee payroll
• Employee recruitment
• Billing and invoicing
Admissions Advisor/ Administrative Assistant for the Surgical Technology Program
San Joaquin Valley College
January 2001 - November 2005
• Interviewed Students
• Financial Aid Assistance
• Placement Testing
• Scheduled Enrollment Interviews
• Assisted in Selection Process
• Completed Enrollment Paperwork
• Corrected Student Work & Tracked Progress
• Mentored Students in Program
• Produced Reports
• Preparation and Transcription of Annual Accreditation Report
• Assisted in Development of Clinical Sites
Manpower Inc. - Support Office
March 2000 - January 2001
• Employment Recruiting
• Job Development
• Employee Training
• Employee Evaluation
• Implementation & Enforcement of Labor Laws and Employment Policies
Accounts Receivables Clerk
Manpower Inc. - Support Center
July 1996 - March 2000
• Customer Service
• General Office Duties
Qualifications & Certifications
University of LaVerne
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.