Director, Adult Services
Valley Achievement Center
From January 2011
• Develops, maintains and implements individualized programs for developmentally disabled Clients.
• Supervises and trains VAS department administrators, regulates caseloads according to VAS and Kern Regional Center policies and procedures.
• Proactively manages, and enhances, relationships with Kern Regional Center [KRC]; the Department of Developmental Services; the Department of Rehabilitation and other local, state and national agencies.
• Directly oversee Supervisors for the following programs: Supported Employment Program, Individual Placement, and PVSA; Supported Employment Program, Group Placement; Supported Living Services and Community Integration Training; and Power Start Program
• Plans, organizes, coordinates and conducts departmental needs assessments, and service inquiries, to determine the effectiveness of programs and services, and in development of improved processes and procedures as needed.
• Provides leadership and expertise in identifying, formulating, and implementing goals and objectives in compliance with state and federal legal mandates, and other guidelines including the organization's mission and core values.
• Plans, organizes and coordinates the development of processes, strategies and feasibility planning to ensure that the necessary human and monetary resources are appropriately utilized in order to achieve the result expectancies.
• Provide assistance and guidance directing care staff members to ensure delivery of a service "package" appropriate to the client, and in the setting of his/her choice.
• Maintain close contact with the Kern Regional Center; the Department of Rehabilitation and other agencies for the purpose of soliciting new clients, grants and programs.
• Responsible for development of and maintenance of departmental budgets, and headcount, and hiring.
• Responsible for prompt, timely filing of reports, monthly, quarterly and annual, as well as reports requested by the Board of Directors and the Executive...
Supported Employment Program, Administrator
January 2010 - January 2011
• Development and maintenance of all work schedules for the program and staff
• Interview prospective employees and does new hire orientation/training
• Acts a liaison between Department of Rehabilitation, Kern Regional Center and other agencies
• Develops a consistent system of forms, procedures and handbooks that will facilitate an compliant program with all agencies and that also conform with the requirements of Title[s] 17 & 22
• Prepare and maintain all departmental records in compliance with CARF standards to facilitate CARF accreditation
• Assess consumers referred and develops employment plans with individuals based upon referral data and using a person centered technique creates an individual plan for service.
• Implements employment plans for consumers waiting placement observing established timelines and target dates
• Oversees client start dates with, Job Coach and Job Developer and employers to insure a smooth transition of the client to the job site and that adequate support and staffing is in place
• Evaluates efficiency and performance of the client's and does monthly reporting to appropriate agencies of clients' progress
• Conducts all client Intakes
• Maintains a comprehensive billing system
• Develops and implements a training program for all staff
• Conducts staff evaluations
Job Development Specialist
April 2007 - January 2010
Development of Jobs
• Case Management
• Employee Training
• Employment Assessments
• Interviewing Students
• Employment Placement of Students in on-campus and off-campus positions
• Skill Identification
• Resume Creation & Review for Students
• Job Training for Students
• Budget Preparation
• Creation of Marketing Materials
• Conduct Labor Market Surveys & Analysis
• Compile & summarize data for reports
• Management & supervision of 3 - 5 student workers employed by the Job Placement Department
• Organize, Implement, and Serve as the Chair for Bakersfield College Career Day
• Assist in organizing and implementation of internship program
Contracted as a Temporary Employee
February 2006 - March 2007
Borton Petrini, LLP. - Administrative Assistant to Firm Administrator & Firm Managing Partner:
• Transcribed Court Documents
• Composed Letters & Memos
• Assisted in Calendaring for Attorneys
• Scheduled & Made Meetings Arrangements
• Assisted and coordinated outside fund raisers, campaign mixers, and Firm activities.
• Assisted with attorney recruiting
Key Energy - Assistant Manager to the Controller:
• Assisted in Management of accounting department
• Correction of the National Price Book,
• Processing employee payroll
• Employee recruitment
• Billing and invoicing
Admissions Advisor/ Administrative Assistant for the Surgical Technology Program
San Joaquin Valley College
January 2001 - November 2005
• Interviewed Students
• Financial Aid Assistance
• Placement Testing
• Scheduled Enrollment Interviews
• Assisted in Selection Process
• Completed Enrollment Paperwork
• Corrected Student Work & Tracked Progress
• Mentored Students in Program
• Produced Reports
• Preparation and Transcription of Annual Accreditation Report
• Assisted in Development of Clinical Sites
Manpower Inc. - Support Office
March 2000 - January 2001
• Employment Recruiting
• Job Development
• Employee Training
• Employee Evaluation
• Implementation & Enforcement of Labor Laws and Employment Policies
Accounts Receivables Clerk
Manpower Inc. - Support Center
July 1996 - March 2000
• Customer Service
• General Office Duties
Qualifications & Certifications
University of LaVerne