From April 2014
Freelancing projects with:
- Intyernational service Check
GROUP BUSINESS DIRECTOR
August 2012 - February 2013
SENIOR PROJECT DIRECTOR
May 2006 - September 2008
Was leading a team of 10 plus research and analysis executives in the Quantitative Division
* Played a key role in partnering with Nokia in their strategic researches
* Conducted the Nokia Shopper Segmentation Research which helped client get an in-depth understanding of mobile retail landscape, the buying process, the shoppers and in-shop navigation. The findings helped the client to formulate better targeting and retention strategies. The success of the research led to the commissioning of the next Shopper Segmentation Research
* Facilitated the Marketing Team's understanding of Nokia advertising through a Nokia LINK Review Workshop. Key learning was drawn comparing Nokia LINKTM Test results vis-à-vis other Indian categories, International advertising and Vignette ads.
* Handled key strategic researches for Airtel, Dabur, Bacardi, Nestle and Sony
* Was actively involved in developing and conducting the induction and training module for Research Trainees
CONSUMER INSIGHT MANAGER
PROCESSED FOODS - HINDUSTAN UNILEVER LTD
May 2003 - April 2006
Complete responsibility of driving all market research activities on the brands Kissan and Knorr Annapurna leading to strategic actionable directions for marketing and product planning functions
* Involved in strategic business planning and long and short term forecasting of industry and the different segments
* Set up a comprehensive research structure by integrating it into the marketing function resulting in research being a driving partner in all activities rather than being a mere support function
* Played an integral part in the strategic development of brand visions for Kissan and Knorr Annapurna
* Worked extensively on taking forward consumer insights into new innovations and communication development
* Introduced new methods and techniques (e.g. Censydiam, Palatex, sequential recycling, Moments technique, Critical Incident Technique, BASES, etc.) towards capturing accurate consumer knowledge
SENIOR RESEARCH EXECUTIVE
SYNOVATE INDIA PVT LTD
July 2002 - April 2003
Responsible for leading and managing a project team for conducting quantitative research projects for the clients - Nestle., ICI Paints, Dabur, CMS, Hyundai, General Motors
* Managing projects from proposal writing, costing, planning, scheduling, executing and reporting
* Building client relationships and client servicing as well as business development activities
* Working closely with the marketing teams of clients on strategic market segmentation, tracking and product testing exercises
May 2000 - June 2002
Worked as a quantitative researcher handling research projects for companies such as Pepsi, BBC, MTV, HTA, HLL, Times FM, CNBC, Outlook Magazine, Data Access (I) Ltd., Malayalam Communications Ltd., VOA, etc.
* Was instrumental in planning, designing, launching and supervising the census of over 5 lac retail outlets stocking soft drinks and with a potential to stock soft drinks in 55 major cities across India, for Pepsi India Ltd.
* Successfully set up a Retail Audit for Pepsi in 54 centers. Supervised the information-gathering process of the Retail-Audit for more than one-lac outlets on a monthly basis
* Worked on a wide spectrum of researches such as Brand Tracking (ATPs), Brand Dynamics (Equity Measurement), Advertising Research (Link/ Previews), Product testing, Concept testing, Satisfaction studies, pre/post launch market mapping and dipstick studies etc.
Qualifications & Certifications
National Institute of Management Calcutta
Devi Ahilya University
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more