Claim you profile
I have revenue analysis skills, budgets, forecasting, rate parity, guestline, entirety, fidelio, some opera. GDS Rate Tiger,Managing Corporate Accounts, FIT, Planning events, Competitor Analysis, Marketing, Sales
Manage Facilities Assistant
James Craig Court
January 2013 - September 2013
, Edinburgh (6 months contract).
• Effectively delivering all hospitality & customer service functions.
• Manage Facilities Assistant.
• Ensure communal areas are presented and maintained to a high standard.
• Ensure efficient, organised system is in place regarding site specifics and student details.
• Supervision of the site team ensuring that all are fully conversant with policies and procedures.
• Manage the site service charge budget within agreed constraints with a focus on achieving value for money.
• Produce all reports relevant for the management of the site to include lettings, rent collection, maintenance and incidents.
• Maintenance of security & safety of the building at all times.
• Manage the student letting cycle, plan the availability and viewing of all rooms.
• Achieve all monthly lettings targets to ensure the site is 100% let. All check in inspections are carried out post summer works programme delivery and pre: check in.
• Ensure all rooms are thoroughly checked after check out and any relevant recharges to residents are documented and details passed to Head Office.
• Plan the availability and viewing of all rooms to let.
• Ensure all check in inspections are carried out post summer works programme delivery and pre: check in.
• Ensure all rooms are thoroughly check after check out and any relevant recharges to students are documented and details passed to Head Office.
• Liaise with Head Office with regard to the issue and return of tenancy agreements.
• Responsible for the safe keeping of monies/float and banking receipts in accordance with The Mansion Group cash handling procedures.
• Collect rents and chase arrears in accordance with company policy & procedures, carry out daily building inspections of common areas and other inspections as required. Build relationships with the local Police, Fire Service and Colleges and Universities
4 Star City Centre Hotel
From September 2013
I over see a 44 bedroom city centre 4 star hotel, looking after 18 staff, dealing with absence, training, monitoring of housekeeping, stock control, budgets, forecasts, liase with Directors on a daily basis, invoicing, meeting guests on arrivals, complaints. Handling sales leads and setting objectives for all staff.
Revenue, Sales M&E Manager
Braid Hills Hotel
May 2011 - October 2012
• Responsible for the hotel when the General Manager is unavailable.
• Dealing with telephone enquiries to convert into business. Group bookings,
• Corporate bookings, looking after clients and their needs within the Hotel.
• Operating Entirety and rate parity.
• Responsible for up selling rooms and targeting new business.
• Making sure the rates are updated on a daily business, closing out the hotel when need be.
• Keeping any eye on the day to day business ie functions, meetings etc.
• Staff rotas dealing with absence and staff training.
• Setting new SOP Manuals for Reception and Reservations.
• Planning and organising accommodation, catering and other hotel services, organising Wedding Fayres and functions.
• Promoting and marketing the business.
• Managing budgets. Setting and achieving sales.
• Analysing sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management strategies.
• Recruiting, training and monitoring staff.
• Planning work schedules for individuals and teams.
• Meeting and Greeting customers, dealing with customer complaints and comments.
• Addressing problems and troubleshooting.
• Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly.
• Dealing with contractors and suppliers.
• Ensuring security is effective.
• Carry out inspection of the property, ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety statutory regulations.
Scottish Ambulance Service
October 2004 - May 2011
Responding by telephone to 999 calls, from the Public, Police and Fire Service, Doctors and Hospitals. All call information input to computer system following a standard protocol prior to escalating to dispatch for and Ambulance.
Call types are vast and varied but my role can involve taking callers through a process of first aid or basic medical procedures for patients, this can sometimes involve liaison with Paramedic Advisor. Many callers require comfort and help to keep calm. As a Senior Call taker I frequently provide buddy service to assist new Employees in their new role.
Acting Supervisor Role is assisting call taking team with protocol or operation procedures
2003- Looking after my terminally ill mother.
Royal Terrace Hotel
July 2000 - September 2003
Although this was a very similar role at the Caledonian in regard to Management of staff etc, it was in a higher position of responsibility. Emphasis was on forecasting and budgets for rooms and revenue, eg, setting room's rates etc and selling rooms at the highest rates available. I was still involved with consolidating and securing on going business as well as sourcing new business clients via, telephone, meetings and incoming enquiries. Management meetings were a key part of my role.
Caledonian Hilton Hotel
February 1987 - July 2000
Having started as a Telephonist, I was quickly promoted through the ranks until I reached the above position within 18 months. Responsible to both the Revenue Manager and General Manager, my main duties were selling the Hotel rooms, Food and Beverage, Conference Facilities and other services at the highest rates. This often involved liaison with other Managers, ie Sales and Conference and Banqueting. Achieving budgets and setting forecasts, managing staff, organising annual leave and dealing with absences'. Duty Manager shifts. Entertaining Corporate Clients.
Organising guided tours of the Hotel. Attending Management Meetings. Planning and organising accommodation, catering and other hotel services. Promoting and marketing the business. Managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure. Setting and achieving sales and profit targets. Meeting and greeting customers.
Sep 1986 - Jan 1987
Travelling around Europe with Friends
November 1984 - September 1986
I worked as a receptionist meeting and greeting contractors, clients, telephone answering, making tea and coffee
Qualifications & Certifications
Liberton High School
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more