- Part time
I have been employed in secretarial roles since 1994. I have recently made the decision that I would like to change my employment from full time to part time, and would like to use my existing skills to work from home.
Executive Assistant to Managing Director and Management Team
Simmonds and Bristow Pty Ltd
From May 2012
I believe I have more than delivered in this role, and now seek a healthier work / life balance. This highly demanding role involves:
• Maintaining and coordinating the Managing Director's and management team's day-to-day meeting and travel schedules.
• Developing and distributing meeting papers, including minute-taking and action logs.
• Providing liaison between Managing Director and management team.
• Managing email traffic electronic filing of correspondence for efficient retrieval.
• Preparing of travel expenses and reimbursement requests.
• Arranging entry and exit procedures for employees
• Logging and following up IT requests.
• Compiling statistical reports monthly to track the business's key performance indicators.
• Quality and version control of documents.
• Developing and implementing compliance and policy documents and work procedures.
Executive Officer to Director of Transport and Infrastructure
January 2012 - May 2012
I accepted this short-term contract to reintroduce myself to the Australian market. The contract finished due to changes within Government.
• Maintained and coordinated day-to-day meeting and travel schedules.
• Provided secretarial support, eg meeting papers and associated background documents.
• Collaborated with other administrative team members, human resources and the finance department on special projects and events.
• Brought structure and organisation to filing systems.
March 2011 - December 2011
To travel Europe, before permanently relocating back to Brisbane to marry and purchase new home.
Countries included: Italy, Spain, Serbia, Greece, France.
Executive Assistant to National Clinical Director
Children, Young People and Maternity Services
May 2006 - March 2011
I was employed to work autonomously for Dr Sheila Shribman CBE, who is the most senior Paediatric Consultant in England. This was a high profile demanding role, involving:
• Initial point of contact for all internal colleagues (e.g. Secretary of State, ministerial officials, senior officials and policy colleagues) and external stakeholders (e.g. Royal Colleges, Chief Executives, Charities and general public). I received all telephone calls, emails and correspondence directly and decided the appropriate action for each. All enquires were responded to within 1 working day. More technical matters received a dictated response from Dr Shribman within 2 working days.
• Proactively communicating and monitoring the directives of Dr Shribman to all colleagues, following up the progress of these weekly to update Dr Shribman.
• Scheduling of meetings, including travel arrangements and accommodation. Local meetings could include team meetings, committee meetings and expert groups. Regional and international travel included conferences and public media events.
• Events coordination, including registration, delegate packs and facility management for up to 400 delegates.
• I also provided secretarial support for a wide variety of stakeholder meetings, expert panel discussions and conferences. Preparing agendas, briefing papers and minutes.
• Devised and maintained office systems to efficiently deal with work flow.
• Designed and created presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
Personal Assistant to Managing Partner
CVC Capital Partners
April 2006 - May 2006
I provided leave cover, which involved complex diary management and travel arrangements. In addition, secretarial support, including all outbound correspondence and meeting papers. As well as expense reimbursement.
Personal Assistant to HR Director
February 2006 - April 2006
I provided leave cover, the aim being to restore organisation back to the office by designing and implementing standard operating procedures in consultation with the Group Director of Communications. As well as providing diary and travel management, secretarial support and email management. Following this position, I was requested to then provide leave cover for in an identical role.
Personal Assistant to Managing Director
December 2005 - January 2006
This role was created during a change of staffing and involved diary management and team secretarial support. In addition, sourcing and setting up interviews with prospective actuaries to join the business.
Personal Assistant to Director - Funds and Insurance Division
Personal Assistant to Director - Banks and European Division
HSBC Bank Plc
October 2005 - December 2005
I provided cover for this newly created position, working closely with the Director to set up systems to deliver high levels of complex international diary and travel management. In addition, email and correspondence management, as well as secretarial support for meeting groups, including minute taking and distribution. My contract was then extended to cover a similar post.
Personal Assistant to Lord Chief Justice
Rt Hon. Lord Woolf
August 2005 - September 2005
In the closing month's of Rt Hon. Lord Woolf's leadership, I provided assistance with diary and travel management, including security chauffeurs. In addition, I prepared responses to his correspondence.
Personal Assistant to Group Director - Corporate Affairs
Smith and Nephew Pharmaceuticals
July 2005 - August 2005
I was requested to provide annual cover, in a role that required complex international diary and travel management, as well as secretarial support to ensure all meeting papers were prepared and distributed in a timely manner, inclusive of minute taking functions.
Personal Assistant to Deputy Chief Executive
National Health Service
October 2004 - July 2005
Returning to the NHS to assist with the complex coordination of 28 European visits, including flights, venues, meeting documentation, equipment and translators. I also provided diary and travel management, correspondence management and secretarial support for senior civil servants.
Consultant Personal Assistant to Chief Executive
National Health Service
March 2004 - August 2004
I provided consultation and training to departments' existing Personal Assistants. Training included diary management, brought forward system, travel arrangements and Microsoft Office 2003.
Personal Assistant to Head of Consultation Department
Department of Health - Strategy & Policy
August 2004 - October 2004
Recruited to replace a long standing team member at the end of a project, I stepped into a role that required high levels of team secretarial support, documenting a change of a government policy that was about to be launched. In addition, I provided diary management and secretarial support for meetings.
Personal Assistant to Stock Investment Manager
Laing & Cruickshank Investments
July 2003 - March 2004
The focus of this role was to provide high levels of client correspondence and documentation, secretarial support and audio typing. In addition, I provided diary management, sourcing appropriate venues.
Personal Assistant to Head of Sales, Planning and Development
Abbey National for Intermediaries
February 2003 - July 2003
I was requested to assist this department during a restructure. I provided team secretarial support and developed my skills in diary and email management. This role also involved national travel with my manager to several events, where I was responsible for minuting the outcomes.
NEW_SECTION as a professional temporary contractor
March 2002 - May 2006
Secretary to Head of Customer Service
VNU Business Publications
November 2002 - February 2003
Working closely with the Head of Customer Service to roll out the launch of on-line registration system, I provided both administrative support as well as front line telephone customer service.
Project and Event Co-ordinator
Royal Academy of Dance
January 2002 - November 2002
As the central communication point between the students, parents, teachers and management, my role was to ensure all requirements to deliver weekly classes as well as national events were in place. I also handled enrolments.
Brisbane and Sydney
February 2002 - April 2006
Commencing as an administrator, entering sales and purchase orders, I progressed quickly to become a senior administrator. Following the managing director's unplanned departure due to medical reasons, I stepped up to become the Office Manager of the Brisbane office and later the Sydney office.
Tiger Services Pty Ltd
June 2001 - January 2002
My role was to develop and implement systems and procedures for a small family business. Using my experience in administration, I developed systems to input invoices and sales. I also set up templates for standard documents (eg letterhead, memos etc) and created a filing protocol.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more