A/R Collections Manager
Brought on board to leverage broad competencies in credit, collections and accounts receivable management and relationship building in the management of $40 million in accounts receivable. Provide hands on leadership and training to a staff of ten. Oversee day-to-day activities responsible for collection performance, cash forecasting, accounts receivable performance, accurate invoices and cash applications. Key member of a team responsible for assisting with A/R Oracle Implementation.
• Created and rapidly developed the Credit, Collection and Accounts Receivable Department.
• Achieved all quarterly target collection goals in a declining economy.
• Established and control credit limits and payment terms, developed credit business practices in line with corporate goals and adeptly reviewed delinquent accounts and determine appropriate collection activities.
• Provide pre-credit approval support for Sales during pre-sales negotiations.
• Set up the EDI system for customer invoice processing and payments.
• Initiated and implemented customer payments via credit card.
• Managed the daily Accounts Receivable Invoicing, Credit Memos and Cash Applications.
• Responsible for Contract and Purchase Order review to ensure accurate invoicing and revenue recognition.
• Reconciled month-end outstanding Accounts Receivable to General Ledger.
• Manage monthly and quarterly audits.
• Performed sales tax audits on all invoices, including assist with SOx process with developing policies, documentation, risk and control assessments and remediation.
Credit and Collections Representative - U.S.A., Canada and Mexico
ARCELORMITTAL INTERNATIONAL LLC
Assist with the refinement and redesign of the Accounts Receivable operations of a start-up global manufacturer of steel products with annual revenue of $125B. The assignment consists of the implementation of new credit and collection policies including credit line administration and daily order approval processes, improvement in risk control, programs for the reduction of past due and the development of procedures for the identification and resolution of deductions.
• Traveled to Queretaro MX to attain extensive knowledge of steel industry production and delivery life-cycles.
• Manage a pre-collections portfolio of 1,500 transactional accounts with a value of $120 million (+/-).
• Report to Finance Manager, interface with senior-level internal/external contacts, and organize customer service requests regarding products and services.
• Extensive cash application processing to monitor cash accounts and ensure accurate cash application.
• Register and maintain client information utilizing SAP and Lotus Notes Systems.
• Credit, order and vessel release requirements completed on a daily basis, including correspondence with Sales Associates to ensure they have knowledge of order hold so they could be part of the credit initiation and collection resolution.
• Partner closely with Sales Associates and Claim Manager to facilitate and resolve complex import claim, disputes and chargeback's.
• Distribute month Aging and Bad Debt Reserve methodology to Finance Manager reporting issues impacting working capital.
• Compared items, such as liquidity, profitability, credit history and cash, with other companies of same industry, size and geographic location.
• Analyzed such factors as income growth, quality of management, market share, potential risks of industry and collateral appraisal in order to determine risk involved in lending money to customers.
• Developed a major account from $7 million (2007) to $54 million (2012) resulting in increased revenue and...
Collection Analyst II
Joined Panasonic at the end of July 2005 and assumed the PCSC (Panasonic Computer Solutions Company) portfolio in the systems sector. This was a high profile portfolio that accounts for a significant percentage of the total PSSC portfolio. Managed 30 accounts with an A/R of $50 million and more utilizing SAP.
• Extensive travel to New Jersey to attain comprehensive understanding of order to cash cycle along with SAP systems.
• Achieved collection ratio of 100% for sixteen consecutive months; portfolio required a 94%-97% goal.
• Portfolio achieved a collection ratio better than 85% ; 7 out of the 8 months ending the year at 100% plus. This goal was achieved by visiting customers: Tech Data and Ingram Micro.
• Reduced the Collectible Charge-backs over 90 days by 50%; portfolio required 50%, and ended fiscal year March 2006 with a 0% with past dues. In September 2006, the past due percentage was 7.62% and the end of March 2007 it was zero percent.
Commercial Collection Representative
THE TRIBUNE COMPANY
Managed commercial contract advertiser accounts for retail Tribune and Daily Press classified advertising through payment collections, account reconciliations, and recommendations of accounts to collection agencies.
Attained extensive experience with Oracle, Great Plains, Admarc, CCI, AD Desk Sales, Citrex, Atex, Coyote/Advision, Edgil, Get Paid/DRS Systems, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Managed $1.5 million per quarter B2B collection accounts
• Consistently exceed prior year's numbers by 10% and projections 3-4%.
• Provided solutions to customers and assist with structuring payment plans when necessary.
• Researched and analyzed advertising accounts.
• Examined historical data and evaluate past activity on the account.
• Advised customer of proper payment schedules and the principles of credit and credit standing.
• Generated correspondence through the use of system letters, free form letters, and email communication.
• Maintain databases and updated customer information when necessary.
Customer Service Representative
Achieved and promoted outstanding customer service through provision of information relevant
to service orders, billing, credit and collections, deferred payment arrangements, new business service requests and other customer inquiries. Processed customer bill payments by hand and machine.
• Certificate of Accomplishment for completing Tele-Service Skills Training Course, 07/2000.
• Award of Merit in Recognition for successfully completing 1st Step CSR Training, 08/25/2000.
• A Standing Ovation - 09/15/2000.
• S.T.A.R. Performer Award - 07/07/2001.
Qualifications & Certifications
Walden University Online specializing