My 15 years of experience included mega projects horizontal and vertical fancy residential land marks projects.
My experience escalated from surveyor to chief surveyor then head of QS department and landed finally as a site manager.
Site Civil Manager
Sulaimanyah - Iraq
From February 2013
Main contractor: Matelec sal (Sulaimanyah - Iraq), Client Ministry of electricity
Position: Site Civil Manager.
Projects: GIS Power Substation.
Role & Responsibility:
- Review Construction Drawings and Documents
- Site Supervision & Inspection Act on behalf of owner in all issues.
- Perform the quantities for all civil activities and earth works.
- Checking sub contractor quantities and releasing his invoices.
- Obtaining material approvals from client's engineer.
- Follow up the correspondences with the Client engineer.
- Weekly reports and all correspondences with the head office.
- Coordinate between all parties and manage regular meetings.
- Prepare and follow the progress report invoice with the client engineer.
June 2011 - January 2013
Surveying services for construction companies and private sector (Land lords) land demarcation, levels, Earth works quantities etc
Chief Surveyor & Head of Quantity Surveying department for civil works
Riyadh Power Plant
Role & Responsibility:
In charge of the surveying teams, machines used total stations and GR3 Topcon GPS.
In charge of the QS department.
As part of a wide Construction Company in charge of a mega power plant project, the Surveying department was responsible for reviewing the boundary, topographic works, high precision and land development surveying activities for all Contractors to achieve accuracy and exact positioning synchronized with the running civil activities.
Responsible for reviewing and overseeing both field and office surveys and mapping products that meet or exceed schedule, budget, quality, and client expectations.
Coordinate with the engineering department, surveyors, site managers and project managers.
Coordinating and assisting between the QS team to finalize and make the I.F.C quantities.
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to the following:
Establishing primary horizontal and vertical control points including reference ties for establishing the points in the field.
Recording measurements, rod readings and calculations in field books as the work progresses.
Checking the work by competing traverse closures and bench circuits.
Reporting discrepancies or technical problems to Resident Engineer.
Checking completed work for conformance to the line and grade required by the project plans in coordination with the inspectors assigned to that item of work.
Checking the Contractor's setting out to verify execution and accuracy through documented inspection request.
Maintaining the survey equipment in proper condition and checking the calibration frequently.
Experience in use of modern survey instruments; Leica - Topcon - others
Strong experience in Autocad Civil 3D and other IT software, comprehensive knowledge in ArcGIS software.
Knowledge geographical information systems (GIS) to analyze and interpret site features
Almabani Co. Jv
March 2009 - May 2011
Arabian Bemco Contracting Company
Civil 3D and Land Development
overlay R14 to 2014 - Softdesk 8
- ArcGis submit a training course of 40hrs - Microsoft office
Membership in professional institutions:
Member in the Order of Lebanese Surveyors Syndicate and in FIG organization
Official Sworn Surveyor in Lebanon.
Licensed to practice surveying from Ministry of Works and Transportation - Lebanon.
Arabic: reading and writing excellent.
English: reading and writing excellent.
French: reading and writing comprehensive
Skills & Hobbies:
• Good communication skills in multi-cultural environment
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure and solve the problem
• Reading, biking, swimming, Ballroom dancing, ice-skating.
Gustav Pegel & Sohn contracting And Trading Co
March 2006 - February 2009
Projects: Salem Abdula Salem Tower, 47 story Residential tower, 2300m2 floor area.
Emirates Bank Building, 25 story Residential tower, 1600 m2 floor area.
C.A.T. - Contracting And Trading Co. s.a.l
June 2003 - March 2006
Beirut - Lebanon Joint Venture with L.K.H. Singaporean Company
Dar al Handasah Consultant - Kohn Pedersen Fox Designer U.K.
Position: Senior Surveyor
Project: Marina Towers-Beirut Central District known as SOLIDERE.
• 26 story Residential tower, 130m high rise bldg. - 1100m2 floor areas.
• 39m high spiral steel structure Sail shape with a BMU mounted on top covered with aluminum and glazed skin; short -track project 200 element; 230ton
• 4 Underground floors 4000m2 floor area.
Coordination with multinational subcontractors; Kawkach, Dabbas, Goldford, Parisis, Secalt, Naggiar, Alico UAE and LKH and others on complex activities.
Head of surveying teams during military service
Directory of Geodetic Affaires in Lebanese Army
November 2001 - November 2002
Mouawad Trading Company
August 2000 - November 2001
Project: Ras Beirut high voltage substation.
Role & Responsibility:
• Quantity survey for the concrete works, reports, bill of quantities and shop drawings.
• Land survey including contours, earthworks calculations, and site surveying works (setting out, levels, axes and alignments.
Beirut Central District
June 1999 - May 2000
with Bahij Salman on various surveying projects.
Apprentice period involved:
• High voltage substation of Beirut Central District with Matelec Company.
• Bsalim High Voltage Substation with Matelec Company.
• Saint George Cathedral Renovation Project in Beirut Central District - Parliament Square with Technobuild Company and Shtal steel structure Company.
• Terrestrial survey on many real estates, road projects, excavation and subdivision of parcels.
Mouawad Edde Company Beirut - Lebanon
June 1998 - June 1999
Project: Mkalles and Horsh Beirut high voltage substations, and Hamra Barrage Tower
Qualifications & Certifications
surveying and Geomatics
Industrial Technical Institute