Claim you profile
Data Entry Specialist
Sr. Business Analyst
Damco Solutions Ltd. - Tribal Group
February 2014 - March 2014
Tribal have developed a bespoke application for NIHR (National Institute of Health Research) to conduct Commercial and Non-Commercial research studies.
• Responsible to create different functional specifications based on Logical data model provided by NIHR
• Creating different technical documents along with Sr. Solution Lead and development team - Database design document, Workflow management, reporting etc.
Lead Business Analyst
April 2012 - January 2014
(Close Brothers Bank Ltd.)
Close Premium Finance is Group Company of Close Brothers Bank Ltd. providing premium finance to Personal Line and Commercial Line Insurance brokers, intermediaries and Insurance companies.
• Working as a lead business analyst for large system migration project for CPF's Commercial Line Business, migrating legacy system developed using Oracle web forms into JAVA based bespoke application
• Acting as a single point of contact between on-site business team, technical experts and off-shore development team
• Responsible to help and guide off-shore technical team in analyzing functional requirements and preparing project plan from technical delivery perspective
• Responsible to interact with business department heads and SMEs to analyse and understand business processes, improvement in existing business processes, analysing gaps by mapping the existing processes with JAVA based bespoke application and writing functional system design documents
• Key decision maker along with SMEs in deciding business processes and functionalities to be migrated, improved or decommissioned
• Analysing landing, payment, collection and unpaid processes with Operations, Credit Control and Finance SMEs
• Analysing end to end BACS process with Finance SMEs using legacy system and how to migrate BACS functionality into JAVA based system
• Analysing and helping other BAs in designing functional requirements for Commercial Line Ireland business in implementing SEPA payment and collection system.
• Analysed and implemented Fraud detection processes and reporting requirements along with MI team.
• Single point of contact for third party off-shore testing team for understanding functional requirements, signing-off test scope and supporting throughout all testing cycles
• Responsible to co-ordinate UAT testing with SMEs and test team
• Also analysed business documentation requirements for 4 Personal and Commercial Line brokers and business management reporting for...
Business Analyst - Financial Services
Vodafone Sales & Services Ltd
August 2011 - February 2012
• Worked in Financial Services division on M-PESA (Mobile Payment) application project G2 version implementing in Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, Afghanistan, Egypt and India.
• Mobile Money application designed and implemented using USSD, STK, API and Web channels.
• Analysed and captured requirements for finance module which includes Financial Reconciliation, Commission Process, Value Reconciliation, Airtime Purchases and Tax Management.
• Responsible to interact with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) team and understanding types of possible frauds can happen, captured requirements and designed reports.
• Understood, analysed and captured transaction monitoring requirements for mobile payment applications considering regulatory requirement of different markets and involved in evaluating platform with different vendors. Designed reports for transaction monitoring system.
• Responsible to interact with key business stakeholders locally and globally, documented requirements using Enterprise Architect (EA) tool.
• Mapped and analysed gaps between Op-cos (markets') requirements and high level scope requirements with Product Manager.
• Worked with team of 6 business analysts, interacting with global stakeholders in capturing business requirements and discussing with technical team in designing technical solution.
• Designed the business processes based on requirements and possible technical platform.
• Analysed and planned migration of existing markets from G1 to G2 platform.
Business Analyst/Project Manager
Niche n Agile Ltd
January 2009 - August 2011
On site assignment with Sage UK Ltd. at Newcastle upon Tyne.
• Worked on different web based projects - CRM (Customer Cockpit), Sage Online Backup (SOLB), AccPac for Sage (UK&I), VAT Rate Changes for Sage, Sage MMD - Payment models & Cloud computing, Sage 100 Market Release, Sage One, Sage Cover Extra CIP, AdviserPlus Services and Connected Services - Direct Payment (BACS).
• Worked closely with Heads of IS and senior business key stakeholders at feasibility study stage of projects, reviewing and assessing business processes and defining/designing new business processes. Prepared detailed scope documents mapping the business requirements with existing and possible new system changes.
• Managed AdviserPlus Services project along with Sage and AdviserPlus (third party service providers) team. Handled dual responsibility of Business Analyst and Project Manager. The project covers delivery of new micro site/web pages for Advisory services offerings, sales order process system and internal CRM system.
• Analysed and scoped the payment processes using Sage Pay and third party payments provider using Sage 50 Accounts product for existing and new Sage customers. This connected service will allow customers to do their online payments in Sterling (GBP) and euros at low cost via BACS.
• Analysed the requirements for Credit Card payments using Sage Pay and designed the processes considering security criteria, Chip and PIN functionality and over the phone transactions. Implemented strategy of re-using Credit Card details for renewal of products by storing the card information in encrypted format.
• Independently managed a project for TAS business unit to launch TAS Total Accounts product for SBD market; which includes modifications in existing web site, hosting and implementing changes in web shop and portal considering B2C requirements.
• Analysed and designed the E-commerce solution for Connected Services - Direct Payment, Sage 50 mobile and Sage One projects where...
February 2006 - December 2008
• Dealt with different industry clients at all levels gathered the requirements and analysed the business needs. Documented business processes, providing cost benefit analysis and change impact analysis.
• Discussed the clients' requirements with Project Manager & IT teams to develop IT applications (along with Web based system) using structured system analysis design methods (SSADM).
• Analysed the credit risk within Insurance industry and dealing with key stakeholders to seamlessly define and design the solution for the successful implementation of applications.
• Managed the risk profile under Solvency I requirements and making sure that the firm has sufficient funds to manage risks. Also started reviewing the data required to produce the reports based on Solvency II requirements.
• Managed data required for reporting under Solvency II guidelines and managed delivery in time bound period.
• Analysed the data and trend in the insurance industry to promote the right product to targeted customers.
• Analysed and worked with IT team to improve payment processes, document generation and improvement in additional services (like personal injury & medical benefits) to customers for an Insurance organisation.
• Requirement elicitation and validating business processes for the Insurance industry client's B2C web site.
• BACS and Direct Debit payment methods were designed and authorised for third party service providers and direct customers to pay their insurance premium.
• Designed SWIFT payment services with underwriters and finance team to make payments to third party service providers and other business associates.
• Interacted with different Business Units and discuss the requirement with Brokers Unit for different Product promotion (Motor and Home insurance products) and application development considering Insurance industry trend and customers' requirements. The additional products like Break down cover, PPP (Payment protection plan), additional medical cover etc....
Business Systems Analyst
RBS Insurance, UK
September 2004 - January 2006
• Part of Claims Process Improvement Group, headed by Commercial Manager. The main responsibility is to design the processes that are best aligned with the business, find ways to implement those processes in system, develop department wise Key Process Indicators.
• Analysed and deal with claims data, systems and procedures. Discussed with end users the real requirements regarding claims to fulfil clients' requirements aligning with business needs & processes and suggested changes in IT department.
• Analysed the market and credit risk data with underwriters for handling different types of claims for motor insurance.
• Aligned payment processes after thorough discussion with engineering, claims & finance departments and streamline the process with external service providers. BACS was the payment option provided to external service providers and cheque payment option was made available to direct customers for their claims.
• Cross integration of claims processes along with external service providers.
• Analysed the additional products and benefits the underwriters were offering along with different Motor insurance and worked along with sales team in promoting the insurance products.
• Involved in implementation of Financial System modules - GL, AP and AR.
• Received training on FSA guidelines, rules and regulations related to General Insurance.
• Documented business processes and change management required under FSA guidelines.
• Technical Details: Oracle 8i, Toad and Microsoft Office
• Improved claims processes and successful merger of two different sections in claims department at RBS Insurance. Claims handling time improved by 70%.
• Analysed and successfully implemented system changes for claims and finance department, which has reduced the claims handling time and less paper work to fulfil business requirements under FSA guidelines.
• Successfully cross integrated system and claims process requirements for external service providers and...
Management Information Systems
University of Leeds, U.K
September 2003 - September 2004
Core Program skills include:
• Financial Analysis • Business Excellence
• Financial & Management Accounts • Management Information Systems
• International Business • Business Modelling
• The program focused very much at the practical aspects of Business, use of tools and technology in business environment and strategy.
• Numerous projects, discussions, presentations and paper representations helped to improve overall aspect of the work.
• Project: Change Management requirement in NHS - Leeds West PCT
➢ I have understood requirement of NPfIT & e-Booking system and studied the possible problems in implementing e-Booking system.
➢ Conducted personal interviews with Director, IT, GPs and administrative staff to understand the end-user requirement and mind set to use the new system
➢ I have studied and analysed last 2 years of NHS financial and waiting period data (In-patient and Out-patient) to reach to a strategic decision for implementation of new system in present scenario.
➢ I have recommended different Change Management models to have successful implementation of e-Booking system. Used force field analysis identifying the key stakeholders to mitigate risks involved and gap in working. Suggested solutions for implementation using Prince 2 methodology and submitted 81 pages report to Leeds West PCT.
➢ Leeds West PCT, CEO and IT Project manager appreciated suggestions for Change Management and IT Project Manager was looking forward to use the suggested Change management tool for practical implementation.
Awards and Achievement: Achieved 1st runner up position at Barclays Bank Business Plan competition presenting insight of business development and team working at Leeds University Business School. The skills required to achieve the position was presentation style, communication and providing thorough understanding of business plan to Barclays Bank's representatives and judges.
ZENSAR TECHNOLOGIES LTD
February 2003 - July 2003
(A SEI-CMM 5 LEVEL COMPANY)
On site assignment with Deloitte Consultancy, offshore development centre.
• Effectively managed a team of programmers and I was managed to achieve goal by developing reports for Health Care Insurance in close co-ordination with client. Used Oracle 9i Reports.
• Communicating with on-site Project Manager in USA via video conferencing to understand client's requirements and problems and fix the bugs in delivered modules.
• Team and I got appraisal from client - WELL POINT, USA for successful teamwork and project completion.
Business Systems Analyst
PRINCETON SOFTWARE EXPORTS (P) LTD
January 2001 - January 2003
• Led Project teams resolving project issues with clients - Gateway Distriparks Ltd. (A India-Singapore joint venture Company) and SchoolNet India (P) Ltd. Applications developed using Oracle 8i, 9i & D2K.
➢ Worked as on-site Project Leader for STAR - Security Transactions and Repository System for Bombay Stock Exchange and support it technically and functionally.
➢ On-site Project Leader for WOPS - Warehouse Operations Management project, Process Analysis, implementation and IT outsourcing requirement (Hardware & Software) of the company.
• Acted as a single point of contact for top management, stakeholders and software development team. Managed software development, changes, implementation of changes, testing and updating changes in timely manner. Conducted user-training programmes with module wise implementation.
• Job demanded high degree of Business Analysis Skills, Negotiation skills, leadership and effective communication to communicate top management requirements to end users, convey real causes and effects of the changes and motivate them to accept changes and put them in practice.
• Successful implementation of Warehouse Management System for India -Singapore joint venture Company - project was worth of £20K. Leading project team of 7 programmers.
SPANCO TELESYSTEMS AND SOLUTIONS LTD
January 2000 - January 2001
• Co-ordination with Senior Management in developing business plan and strategies for the products and projects.
• Responsible for third party liaison in developing and supporting GIS system based applications using MapInfo and Oracle Spatial as a database.
• Implemented pilot project using Oracle 8i Spatial database & MapInfo for Novartis Pharmaceutical in India.
• Successful implementation of GIS system for HDFC Bank and Mumbai Police department in close coordination with client and team of 5 programmers.
Sr. Software Engineer
MICRO ASSOCIATES CONSULTANCY (I) PVT. LTD
March 1998 - December 1999
• Involved in Requirement capturing, Software Coding, Unit testing and documentation.
• Achieved reward from client (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.) for successful implementation of application and training program. Created training manuals for each user.
Manager Major Accounts
ZENITH COMPUTERS LTD
August 1995 - November 1997
- India Division)
• Business planning and strategy development with Senior Management.
• Brand Management- I was part of team and involved in market research for successful launch of Zenith One-Up brand Servers and PCs.
• 30% increase in business by adopting new marketing strategy for Public sector organisation with Zenith Computers Ltd.
PYRAMID SOFTWARE & TECHNOLOGIES
June 1994 - August 1995
Sales & Support activities for the promotion of products. Developing marketing strategies and plans.
Qualifications & Certifications
Leeds University Business School
Boston's Computer Institute
University of Pune
Is this your profile?
If this is your profile, then you can claim it now and log into your account.
We will need to verify your account and email address before you can log in. To claim your profile now, please use the 'Claim Profile' button below.
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more