Accomplished Director of Human Resources experienced in improving organizational initiatives through the development of successful corporate policies. Solid background in directing cross-functional teams to promote the organizational mission while supporting comprehensive, high performance human resources roles that incite business excellence. Charismatic leader with verifiable success in directing human resource processes to improve operational efficiencies that translate into cost savings and increased revenue and productivity. Exemplary strategic vision and tactical implementation abilities to access and improve human resource programs and processes to retain superior talent and reduce turnover. Consistently evaluate and reengineer systems to improve quality standards resulting in bottom line results.
- Full time
- Part time
- One time
Director of Administration & HR
Doha Film Institute
From December 2012
Contribute towards the formulation of strategy, budgets, annual business plans, and policies & procedures of the Human Resources & Administration (Procurement, Facilities, Immigrations, Protocol & Government
Relations) Departments to support departmental and institutional business strategy.
♦ Ensure that the HR & Administration Department's systems, processes and procedures within DFI are
operating effectively and efficiently to achieve high operating standards.
♦ Ensure that the Department's business plans are within agreed budgets and timescales. Provide timely,
accurate and complete progress reports to the Executive Director, if necessary, on the financial and operational progress of the department.
♦ Create and evaluate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for performance monitoring for the entire
Department and monitor their achievements on a regular basis.
♦ Ensure that adequate controls are in place for all activities within the Department.
♦ Ensure the development and maintenance of all Human Resources & Administration policies and procedures and processes to include, but not limited to, organizational development, recruitment,
performance management and immigration services.
♦ Develop a pro-active staff communication culture and ensure that all employees are fully aware of Human
Resources & Administrations objectives, policies and procedures and kept informed of any changes and updates
♦ Understand DFI's resource requirements in coordination with Management and develop appropriate
♦ Oversee the implementation of DFI's Qatarization plan and maintain relationships with Qatari universities to develop internships and scholarships, ahead of students graduations, as well as developing policies and
packages to ensure top Qatari managers and higher positions are also factored in
♦ Conduct interviews with potential top management candidates to fill job vacancies within DFI, review
candidate evaluation reports, provide...
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Doha Film Institute
December 2012 - June 2013
Built entire HR organization from the ground up including implementation of all policies, procedures, and protocol. Provided comprehensive and strategic oversight HR and Administration, including Procurement, Facilities, Immigrations, Protocol and Government departments for this non-profit comprised of 160 staff. Formulated strategy, managed human resource budgets and developed business plans, policies and procedures to ensure staff productivity, reduced turnover, and high employee morale. Ensured that all processes and procedures are operating effectively and efficiently to achieve high operating standards.
• Provided timely and accurate progress reporting to the Executive Director on the financial and operational status of the organization while ensuring business plans remain within agreed upon budget.
• Developed and evaluated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for performance monitoring to ensure individual and team standards are consistently met.
• Established adequate controls and maintained all HR policies pertaining to organizational development, recruitment, performance management, and immigration services.
• Formulated a proactive staff communication culture to ensure employees are fully aware of all human resource and administration objectives.
• Remained abreast of DFI’s resource requirements in collaboration with executive management and designed appropriate recruitment programs.
• Oversaw the implementation of DFI’s Qatarization plan and fostered relationships wi
Director of Administration & HR
October 2010 - November 2012
Plan, direct, and coordinate Administrative, Logistics, and Human Resources Management activities of the organization to maximize the strategic use of Human Resources, and ensure good supportive services of the
Facilities Management Department Manager
December 2009 - October 2010
Responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of the organization,
focusing on improving the efficiency by reducing operating costs. Nevertheless, responsible for strategic
planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to building premises.
• Caring for all Organization Headquarters and Staff Accommodation.
• Managing all professional relationships between the organization and market suppliers.
• In charger of preparation of tender documents & making technical evaluation.
• In charge of design, selecting materials, and furniture.
• Preparation of scope of work, project plan, and time frame.
• Project management and site supervision.
Head of Interior Design
Living Spaces Interiors & Furniture
• Office Space - MBH Company, Palm Towers, Doha.
• Retail - Al Motahajiba, Mall Branch, Doha.
• Retail - Iris Qatar, InterContinental Hotel, Doha.
• Residential - 500sqm Commercial Villa (Private).
Senior Interior Designer
Responsible for design, implementation, and supervision (Turn Key Projects) such as:
• VVIP Visitor's Center, for SHK. Mozza bint Nasser
• Three Vice President Offices
• Public Relations Department
Asian Games Doha
March 2005 - September 2005
Assigned as the lead Architect for several projects, such as:
• Apartment Towers (Asian Games 2006)
• Hotels, Apartment Blocks, and Compounds (West Asian Games 2005)
• Official Hotels (Asian Games 2006)
• Games Motor Pool (Asian Games 2006)
• Khalifa International Tennis & Squash Complex
Qualifications & Certifications
Marymount Manhattan College