Myself, Mayank Saxena, a Post Graduate in Geology, with an experience of 7 years in different Geology fields. I am enthusiastic and Nimble Professional having an experience of over 2 years in Geological & Geochemical Exploration viz. mapping and drilling, Geotechnical and Hydro geological studies, Geophysical Resistivity Surveys, Royalty and Prevention of Illegal Mining, 3 years in the field of Petroleum Exploration and 1.5 year International experience as Mining Geologist in Base Metal (Co & Cu) Open Cast Mine in Democratic Republic of Congo and 6 months in Gypsum Mining in Tanzania. I would be very obliged if i get an opportunity to work with you and prove my caliber.
SR. MINING GEOLOGIST/ ASST. PROJECT INCHARGE
ANGLO AFRICAN GYPSUM LTD., TANZANIA
From January 2013
• Working as a Mining Geologist in Gypsum mine for Anglo African Gypsum Ltd., Tanzania. Work involves delineation of the Ore (Gypsum) veins and Production as well as Shipment of the same, Preparing Drilling & Blasting Plans for exploitation of the same as per International Standards.
• Work involves maintaining the site, preparing production, blasting and shipment records.
October 2011 - December 2012
Worked as Sr. Mining Geologist in Copper-Cobalt Open Cast mine for Aurum sprl, Kisanfu, Democratic Republic of Congo. Work involved Preparation of Bench wise section plans of Ore body, Preparation of Mine and Drill Plans and execution of the same, Ore Projections and at the end of the month analyzing the Deviations observed from the actual, Preparation of Drill and Blast Plans on weekly basis, Assaying of the Drill holes and to correlate with the projections, Supervision of Drilling & Blasting activities, Grade Control. Ensuring Proper stock piling of Ore at the Plant. Work also involves delineation of the drill holes in the ore zone and their analysis so as to enhance Grade control activities.
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO
June 2011 - October 2011
• Worked as Mining Geologist in Copper-Cobalt Open Cast mine for Kimin sprl, Kisanfu, Democratic Republic of Congo. Transferred internally to Somika sprl.
• Work involved Ore projections, preparation of mine and drill plans, deviation from the projections at end of the month, Logging of the Drill cores, preparation of Lithologs, etc.
• Internally transferred to somika sprl.
Oil Consultancy Services Ltd. and Weatherford Surface Logging Systems
June 2008 - May 2011
• Working for Oil Consultancy Services Ltd. and Weatherford Surface Logging Systems.
• Work involves identifying Samples, monitoring drilling parameters while Drilling operations are in progress.
• Identifying Oil Shows on the basis of their Fluorescence in the Fluoroscope
• Analyzing the samples by Calcimetry, Shale Density and Shale Factor.
GUJARAT MINERAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT SOCIETY (GMRDS)
Geochemical Prospecting Project of State Government of Gujarat
March 2007 - June 2008
GEOLOGIST MAR'07 - JUNE'08
• Part of Team for delineating the Sampling procedure and Sampling interval for Geochemical Prospecting Project of State Government of Gujarat in Kachchh district, Gujarat, Carried out Pre Field Preparations for the project which involve Preparation of Maps, Base Maps, Grid Maps with Sampling points, Drainage Maps, Geomorphological Maps and Land Use Maps, Compilation of Literature.
• Carried out Geochemical Sampling in Pachchham island of Kachchh district of Gujarat by deciding sampling points in Grid of 1sqkm x 1sqkm and taking Soil sediments, Stream sediments or Top soil sediments, also took water samples and Soil Samples of B & C Horizons. The Scintillometer readings were also taken which show the amount of radioactive elements like Uranium, Thorium, etc. in the area. Accomplished the target of covering 384 sq.km assigned within the allotted period with an additional Geobotanical survey of 20sq.km was also done and the samples were transferred to the office. Later on based on the Field studies revised and prepared several maps like Geological map, Geomorphological map, Drainage map & Land Use map of the area.
• Worked in Mineral Administration of State government and dealt with several Mining aspects as such Mine Plan study, Royalty related aspects, Mining laws, their status and violation related aspects. Worked on Illegal mining and its prevention in several districts of Gujarat like Vadodara, Jamnagar, etc. under State Government. Inspected several mining and quarry leases in Vadodara district and checked them to check the status of illegal mining in them.
• Handled a Project concerning Bauxite royalty status aspects and violation of Mining Laws in the Jamnagar Districtof Gujarat.
• Delineated the zones having Metamorphosed quartz deposits in Dahod district of Gujarat, a project of Mineral Exploration Circle of Gujarat.
May 2006 - March 2007
Carrying out Geophysical Surveys using Resistivity meter, Ground Water studies and deciding the locations of bore hole locations, carrying out several Geotechnical studies including Soil Testing, etc. and then Laboratory analysis of the sample. Interpretation of the data collected through Field work and Laboratory analysis and Compilation of report.
• Ground water studies In Mundra taluka of Kachchh for SBAT Adani Project, Ahmedabad.
• Proposed location for River Diversion and tube well, also carried out Ground water studies for Adani Power Plant in Mundra Taluka, Kachchh.
• As a Supervisor Geologist for performing Geochemical studies at Ankleshwar Block for G.S.P.C, we took core samples of the locations determined.
• As a Supervisor Geologist for Shallow Sub Surface Diamond Core drilling for RSWM in Banswada, Rajasthan.
• Geophysical Resistivity Survey for L & T using Wenner configuration surrounding Bikaner area.
• Geophysical Resistivity Survey using Schlumberger configuration in Kachchh area for delineating the fresh water zones in the area.
• Lignite prospecting with the help of Geophysical Resistivity Survey in and around Jhagadia and Rajpardi area.
Qualifications & Certifications
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more