Basic underground surveying
Geoland Land meters
From January 2015
-Calculations, and drawing of plans using Surpac Software,
-Compilation of survey records.
-Operation of survey equipment (Trimble RTK GPS) on site (Control, Boundary, Topographic and Engineering survey)
-Management and assistance of surveying team and Geomatics.
-Downloading and calibration of work done using Tremble office
-Charging batteries, maintenance of equipment.
general maintenance of the equipment
Capstan trading 215 cc
January 2014 - December 2014
- Setting out levels for road, culverts, and concrete slab.
-Monitoring levels and supervision during box cutting.
-Undertaking As-built surveys.
- Monitoring road layers and compaction tests.
-Responsible for recovery of survey materials such as road profiles, pegs and benchmarks.
- Calculating quantities.
Trainee Engineering/Construction Surveyor
June 2012 - June 2012
to June 2012
• Setting out road using total station with WORKABOUT handheld computer.
• Creating road model using Road Maker.
• Measuring the overburden materials and borrow pits volumes using RTK GPS.
• Creating models and calculating the overburden materials and borrow pits volumes using
• Leveling using Automatic level.
• Computing and adjusting field measurements.
• Ability to precisely setup surveying instruments such as Total Station, RTK GPS, and
• I managed to complete tasks in limited time frame such as measuring loose sand volume in vegetated area using RTK GPS.
• Ability to set up automatic level and conduct precise leveling without assistance.
• Ability to set up RTK GPS and measure the volume of the overburden and borrow pits.
• Computer, statistics, and mathematics skills.
2. Trainee Mine Surveyor (3 days Mine visit)
Exxaro Tshikondeni Coal
December 2011 - December 2011
to December 2011
Responsibilities for three days:
• Taking offsets underground using total station.
• Updating mine plans.
• Basic Micro-station, Model Maker, AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel tutorials.
• Computing stockpiles volumes.
• Triangulation, Traversing and Check survey.
• I gained vast skills: in operating total station; in field data analysis using surveying special
software's such as Model Maker, AutoCAD, and Micro-Station.
• I gained skills in operating RES-Q-PACK (Oceana EBA 6.5 and Drager Oxyboks II)
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office: Excel, and Office.
• Quick precise instruments setup.
Research and Mini Dissertation
A comparative study of accuracies in height observations between a dumpy level instrument and a total station at modimolle R33 road extension.
Qualifications & Certifications
University of Venda
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more