Pro-active and result oriented Executive with unique combination of expertise in both finance and operations. Exceptional strategic planning and organizational skills in guiding business entities to growth, profitability and success.
Proven track record in starting-up, turnaround, re-engineering, and restructuring of manufacturing companies, implementing processes and improving financial performance. Expertise in ERP & MIS information systems and its implementation: SAP, BaaNl, AX, NAV.
Seasoned in reporting to foreign parent, and developing and executing on mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures globally. Expert in cash management and foreign exchange.
Fluent in Italian, French, Spanish and English, good knowledge in German.
Strategic Planning, Business Plan, Budgeting, Forecasting
Chief Operating Officer
M2 Capital Inc.
From May 2013
• Start-ups, turnaround, Project management, re-processing, Strategic Planning, Joint Ventures, Business Partnerships, Business development, internationally and in particular in South East Asia, South, Central and North America, Eastern Europe.
Bend All Automotive de Mexico
September 2011 - April 2013
• Start-up of a new (green field) manufacturing facility in San Luis Potosi (Mexico);
• Negotiation with the State and Federal government of the financial incentives, research and application to governmental funding of the operation in Canada and Mexico;
• Set-up of the building, according to the production needs, interaction with customers and supplier to prepare the start of production;
• Selection of the management and supervisors team.
June 2010 - September 2011
• Promote uniformity in the accounting practices, standardization of the financial reporting across the whole group, consolidation of the financial results, and centralized cash management;
• Lead the implementation of the Chinese ERP system in order to harmonize the accounting, costing, and financial information to the Canadian GAAP;
• Implement NAV Microsoft ERP system in Canada;
• Promote and investigate new business opportunities around the world, due diligence for Joint Venture and M&A projects.
July 2008 - June 2010
• Prepared the Turnaround Plan, phased every step of the process and created check points to monitor advancements or delays;
• Re-processed every activity, re-defined the sales plan, implemented a new way to build machines. Enhanced the cost control per project, created a detailed procedure following the projects from inception to completion establishing mandatory meetings and revision points;
• Supported the Joint Venture process with a Chinese partner, due diligence;
• Completion of the ERP implementation, created a new cash flow report, established new procedures to hedge foreign exchange exposures;
• Supervision of Finance, Administration, Treasury and Cash Management.
September 2004 - July 2008
• Strategic Plan, Business Plan, and all corporate strategic decisions and processes. Responsible for the Globalization Project: internationalized the company exposure through Business Partnerships, Join Ventures, and M&As. Explored opportunities in India, and Eastern Europe. Lead the Mexican and Indian mission ended in a Joint Venture.
• Supervision and coordination of the Engineering and Manufacturing department. Promoted and executed Kaizen management, and Value Added analysis. Aggressively pursued standardization and Just in Time. Created Kaizen pools to constantly reduce cost and improve efficiency.
• Direct involvement in the discussion of the financial elements of contracts (Terms and Conditions, Credit Insurance, Project Finance, etc.), and active, in conjunction with the Business Unit Leaders, in the Customer relationship management.
• Responsible for the balanced management of the Cash Flow, and the financial resources of the Company. Managed the hedging of the Foreign Exchange exposure and established a procedure to calculate the currency fluctuation effects in the sale price.
• Managed and supervised the Financial, Administration, and Information Technology activities
General Manager Division - Controller
April 1999 - August 2004
• Turnaround the “Special display cases” division from bankruptcy into a very profitable operation in 1 year. Focused the production on highly customized products, and eliminated low margin ones.
• Streamlined the whole group focusing each department on adding value activities and eliminating those with a poor contribution margin. Enhanced inter-company synergies eliminating redundant activities like maintenance, administration, inventory, purchasing, quality.
• Framed a functional financial control system introducing ABC – Activity Based Costing; implemented Vision R/4 an integrated ERP & MIS data system.
• Introduced Just-in-Time, Kaizen and Lean manufacturing concepts on the production floor: improved time-to-market by over 1 week, increased the overhead absorption by 30%, and reduced the labour cost by $5 dollar an hour.
January 1997 - April 1999
• Green field start up, south of Montreal, 200,000 Sq.Ft. facility, $18 million sales, and 75 employees in little more than 2 years. Established close synergies with 2 other companies of the group in the U.S. by eliminating repetitive operations, focusing each plant on specific and highly profitable products.
• Created a “fast reaction units” ready to support the customers all over North America with a sales individual capable to promote more opportunities.
• Implemented Vision R/4 ERP data system. Focused each department on adding value activities, rationalized the inventory management among the 3 units, saved $1.5 million Euro in parts and improved the inventory turnover.
• Managed and supervised the Financial, Control, Administration, and Information Technology offices; established the hedging strategy to cover FX risk.
Aji No Moto Group
May 1994 - December 1996
• Lead the Administration, Finance and Control department of the Italian Branch.
• Participated in the implementation of SAP system in 2 operational units: Amiens (France), and Italy.
• Significantly improved the Costing system, rationalized the cost centers, and implemented a monitoring system of the daily production and efficiency.
• Spent 3 months at the Aji No Moto Business School in Kawasaki (Japan) to study Kaizen Management. Become Kaizen Manager with honor in September 1996
Zignago Tessile Spa
September 1990 - May 1994
• Implemented ABC - Activity Based Costing, identified the cost drivers, created the pools of activities, and reassigned the overheads per line of products.
• Member of the team that created a Joint Venture in Slovakia and Poland.
• Implemented BAAN ERP system.
Qualifications & Certifications
Master Financial Analysis
Italian Institute for Financial Analysts
Economics and Political Science
University Of Padua