Lecturer of Physics
LECTURER OF PHYSICS AND MATHEMATICS
HEAD OF PHYSICS SUB COMMITTEE FACULTY OF SCIENCE AT C.A.S.E.
PAST ACTING VICE PRINCIPAL AT TITCHFIELD HIGH SCHOOL
MASTERS OF EDUCATION- SCIENCE EDUCATION
Professor (Part Time) - Math
Humber College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
• Teach math to students within the Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences
• Taught Math for the Academic Upgrading pre-apprenticeship pilot project, to prepare students to develop relevant problem solving skills, which help them to obtain academic and professional success.
• Prepared assessment materials to evaluate students' performance and explored methods to increase students' academic performance.
• Teach and assist students to develop problem solving skills in Mathematics
• Encourage cooperative learning and use formative and summative assessment strategies to guide students in their analysis and application of learnt concepts.
Caribbean Examination Council
Marked exams, analyzed results and prepared reports of students' performance in Mathematics.
Lecturer - Head of Physics
• Implemented and utilized strategies to significantly increased students pass rates in all subjects (especially Physics and Math).
• Created and compiled Physics manuals for Associate Degree Science students.
• Reviewed course outlines and organized off-site field trips to enhance learning and improve students' academic performance.
• Supervised student internship and monitored practicums, delivered lessons, prepared reports, evaluated students' performance, provided timely and appropriate feedback and in an effort to help students explored various methods of improvement.
Vice - Principal
Titchfield High School
• Managed and supervised over one hundred (100) staff and approximately two thousand five hundred (2500) students.
• Conducted meetings and organized teams to implement policies and strategies towards the institution's growth; effectively maintained discipline, supervised teachers, prepared reports and constructed timetables.
• Provided guidance and counseling to grade 12 & 13 students especially to those at risk; such efforts resulted in increased class attendance and academic performance where they are currently pursuing careers at the tertiary level both nationally and internationally.
LEADERSHIP ROLES & COMMUNITY WORK
• President of the Anchovy Youth Club
• Mentorship and tutoring at the Muriton Boys Home in Portland
• Member of the Disciplinary Committee at C.A.S.E.
• President of the Youth Ministry & Chief Usher - KHEM Ministries
• Staff advisor to the student council at the College of Agriculture, Science and Education
• Assistant Cricket Coach for C.A.S.E. Intercollegiate Team
• Certified Cricket Umpire
• Cricket Coach at Titchfield High School
• Volunteered with the Cayman Islands Red Cross after Hurricane Ivan in 2004
Physics and Chemistry
• Taught Introductory, Intermediate and Advanced Physics.
• Taught Chemistry and Integrated Science at the General Proficiency level
Prepared tests, exams and reports and provided pastoral and mentorship to students as a form teacher
Teacher, Sports coordinator, Academic Coach
Buff Bay Primary School
• Taught grades 4 and 6.
• Managed and organized all sporting activities for the institution
Prepared students in various subjects for the national quiz competition
Qualifications & Certifications
The University of the West Indies
The University of the West Indies