Iam a health communication for development specialist by professional with extensive experience and expertise of 10 years in health promotion and education mainly in designing behavior change communication messages and materials, assessment of health systems, implementing and evaluation of communication programs for health in Uganda, Bangladesh, Seirra leone and currently in nigeria through the government health facilities, schools, universities, vocational schools, national and international agencies while working with Voluntary services overseas Bangladesh, Health Initiative for the Private sector, Uganda Youth Anti-AIDS Association and Johns Hopkins University Centre for Communication Program Uganda .
My experience includes Assessing Health Systems, Developing and supporting implementation of communication strategies in areas that include HIV/AIDS prevention care, and treatment, promtotion of youth friendly services, maternal and child health care, Reproductive Health, Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision, Malaria, TB and Family Planning.
I have been able to successfully support voluntary services overseas Bangladesh, Health initiative for the private sector, Uganda Youth Anti-AIDS Association and Johns Hopkins University Centre for Communication programs in the implementation of communication strategies which improved access and utilization of health information leading to sustained demand for health practices and services within the private and public sector.
Communication Consultant For Polio Eradication
• Assisting the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and respective Ministries of Health in the operation of the STOP project on polio Eradications.
From May 2014
) and World Health Organization (WHO).
10/05/2014 - 01/10/2014
• Assisting the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) and respective Ministries of Health in the operation of the STOP project on polio Eradications.
• Providing social mobilization and communication technical expertise at all levels and support to all polio eradication stakeholders to galvanize community demand for child immunization and acceptance of the polio vaccine.
• Undertaking field trips, meetings with influential persons and assessments to develop and implement national and sub-national social mobilization and communication plans.
• Assessing ground situations to develop appropriate messages and materials for community members, influential persons, healthcare providers, vaccinators and the media and support dissemination of the same.
• Serving on committees and forums to ensure effective coordination among various communications partners.
• Supporting communication personnel at national and local levels to develop test and implement strategies and plans for social mobilization and communication.
• Sharing of expertise, information and experience and capacity building of national colleagues and partners for sustainable and community owned and driven polio eradication program.
• Supporting government and partners in advocacy, documentation, monitoring and evaluation, management and dissemination.
Conduct trainings on leadership, life skills and report writing for staff
Voluntary Services Overseas Sierra Leone & Adam Smith International
December 2013 - March 2014
, 20/12/2013 to 20/03/2014,
• Develop modules for training that will form manuals
• Conduct trainings on leadership, life skills and report writing for staff in the Ministry of Water Resources and Local Councils
• Assist with the facilitation of an external learning visit to Ghana
• Work alongside in-country volunteers to devise training modules and deliver them
• Develop follow up schedules to visit Local Councils
• Write an impact assessment report detailing the improvements the training has brought in relations to maternal and child health, reproductive health and violence both community and domestic.
• Actively participate in mobilization of local council as change agents in relation to violence
Health Rights, Voluntary Services Oveseas Bangladesh
September 2009 - July 2011
, Name of Supervisor: Shahana Hayat
• Carried out needs assessment in the community to address maternal and child health care, family planning, and domestic violence. Designed strategies to address the needs.
• Developed Behavior Change Communication Messages and Information, Education and communication materials to address the gaps in immunisation of children under five years.
• Identified strategies to advocate for utilization of family planning services, Maternal and child health care services and counselling services.
• Produced communication documentaries for the UN Women and VSO UK in the promotion and protection of women's rights in Bangladesh
• Developed and designed project proposals which were funded by USAID, DFID, European Union and the Scottish government in promotion of maternal and child care and women's Rights.
Uganda Youth Anti- AIDS Association
March 2005 - September 2009
, Name of Supervisor: Namwebya Lydia
• Developed and designed Behavior change communication training manuals and project proposals on HIV/AIDS and sexual reproductive health, Family planning, maternal and child health care and gender based violence among the youth in and out of school and the wider community in Eastern and western Uganda.
• Organized and conducted training activities to create awareness about HIV/AIDS prevention, stigma reduction, Family planning, immunization, maternal and child health care and for the youths in and out of school and the wider community.
• Conducting Radio programs on the prevention of domestic violence
• Identified advocacy strategies for immunization of children under five years, HIV/AIDS and Gender Based Violence prevention and promotion of sexual reproductive health among young people in and out of school and the wider community.
• Developed and designed project proposals which were funded by USAID, DFID, Child Hope UK and global fund.
• Research, data management and surveys on other domestic violence and reproductive health in general.