I am a highly motivated, creative, innovative and self-driven professional with extensive experience in ensuring excellent service provision. I have proven ability in strategic planning, conducting accurate needs assessments, problem-solving, assessment of technical capabilities, team-building and motivation, the management of projects and effective project monitoring and evaluation.
Over nine years experience in all levels of community work operations, finance and project administration ,overall project management, with extensive exposure to capacity building of indigenous organizations in reproductive health, family planning, behavior change communication and HIV/AIDs, Technical Assistance in sexual and reproductive health service provision, quality control and quality assurance ,information and communication management, strategic partnership management, monitoring and evaluation, micro financing ,facilitation and training.
I have over nine years experience in project management.
Regional Program Officer-African Region
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
From May 2013
•Works with African regional partners to develop project implementation plans and budgets.
•Works with partners to identify training and technical assistance (TA) needs, and tailor
training and TA to ensure programmatic, organizational and financial strengthening. As needed, coordinates with PPFA regional and head quarters (HQ) staff, national and international agencies, and other consultants to provide specialized training and TA.
•Monitors programmatic and financial performance of the sexual and reproductive health service delivery and advocacy African regional project through site visits and review and analysis of programmatic and financial reports.
•Writes program reports and following up on action points
Regional Program Officer
From May 2013
Works with African regional partners to develop project implementation plans and budgets.
Works with partners to identify training and technical assistance (TA) needs, and tailor training and TA to ensure programmatic, organizational and financial strengthening. As needed, coordinates with PPFA regional and head quarters (HQ) staff, national and international agencies, and other consultants to provide specialized training and TA.
Monitors programmatic and financial performance of the sexual and reproductive health service delivery and advocacy African regional project through site visits and review and analysis of programmatic and financial reports.
Writes program reports and following up on action points
Project Officer -AMREF,DANYA,Afriafya and ICF Macro (ADAM) Consortium-
African Medical and Research Foundation-Kenya Country Office (KCO)
February 2012 - May 2013
• Assisting the Project Manager in project management and overall coordination of all the project activities in accordance with the governments' Policies and Guidelines, including
assessment, planning, designing, implementing, budgeting, monitoring, donor reporting and evaluation.
• Supporting the development and implementation of trainings, workshops, participatory
design processes and consultancies in capacity development for ADAM partners.
• Strengthening the quality of data through supportive supervision and monitoring visits to project sites and supporting partners in monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
• Assisting the Project Manager in collaborative stakeholders' management involving relevant
authorities in planning and implementation of project activities.
• Mentoring and monitoring partners' project management outputs (e.g. financial
management, reporting, planning, M&E, budgeting)
• Supporting in the effective and efficient management of the SRH project consistent with the project management cycle and compliant with donor procedures, systems and
• Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with project partners and ensuring that project implementation meets donor compliance requirements.
• Managing external relations and supporting AMREF in fund raising activities.
• Working with the Implementing Partners and MOH in identifying and communicating “best practices” in HIV/AIDS and TB.
Area Manager -Trans Nzoia County- New Partners Initiative (NPI) Project by CDC
Baptist Aids Response Agency in Africa (BARAA)
September 2008 - December 2011
• Managing the implementation of the HIV prevention programs run by 7 sub partners(CBO's) in the entire Trans Nzoia county; Behavior Change and Communication -abstinence, fidelity, Sexual and Gender Based Violence, Families Matter, HIV Testing and Counselling, Prevention of Mother To Child Transmission, Home and Community Based Care and Orphans and Vulnerable Children .
• Representing BARAA during stakeholders meetings in the County.
• Ensuring contract management, contract compliance and efficient budget management by 7 sub partners while implementing, timely review and advising on fund utilization for contracted deliverables; responsible for sub partner program monitoring, evaluation and reporting while ensuring validity of Monitoring and Evaluation data reported.
• Ensuring optimal reporting against targets per timelines; ensuring clarity in identification of technical assistance needs and supporting or mobilizing capacity-building needs on gaps identified per sub-partner, tracking implementation challenges/lessons learnt and strengthening knowledge management and sharing, timely follow up and feedback on all management concerns raised per sub partner.
Baptist Aids Response Agency in Africa (BARAA)
June 2005 - September 2008
• Managing the program and ensuring compliance with its detailed implementation plan
• Liaising with the school head teachers and administrators for effective BCC project implementation in schools.
• Providing operational guidelines and procedures for use by all CBOs implementing the program
• Developing, implementing and monitoring the tracking of work plans
• Monitoring compliance with the various provisions governing the PEPFAR guideline
• Ensuring timely disbursement of funds to CBOs
• Guiding and facilitating the effective use and managing of financial resources by CBOs
• Producing quarterly and annual reports according to donor requirements and guidelines
• Ensuring that the program reports are accurate, on time and appropriately disseminated
Volunteer Social Worker
Share An Opportunity Kenya (SAO)
January 2005 - June 2005
• Mobilizing and organizing communities for development initiatives.
• Planning, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes
• Assisting in collection and management of information from the field and compiling
WORLD VISION KENYA
May 2003 - August 2003
• Worked in the customer relations service(CRS)
• Did home and school visits to monitor the progress of the sponsored children.
Qualifications & Certifications
Moi Girls High School Kamusinga
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more