FACILITIES ADMINISTRATOR / COORDINATOR
Passionate commitment to providing exceptional customer service, high quality, and timely delivery of results.
Breadth of experience in facilities coordination includes security coordination, budget administration, and support for management / strategic planning activities.
Proactive and energetic contributor who thrives in fast-paced environments requiring exceptional multi-tasking ability. Ensure data accuracy and process expediency through keen attention to detail and superior organization skills.
Demonstrate teamwork through off-hours availability, assisting others with additional workloads and working overtime as requested. Recognized for being consistently professional and positive with all internal / external customers and stakeholders.
- Provides exceptional customer service while assisting at Facilities Help Desk.
- Support optimization of resources and accurate budgeting efforts each fiscal
- Works with Procurement Department creating purchase requisitions and POs.
Hired full-time after 10 months in recognition of exceptional contract work.
• Provide exceptional customer service while assisting at Facilities Help Desk. Coordinate vendor and guest sign-in along with arrival and departure with appropriate personnel. Receive and handle all incoming deliveries and courier packages appropriately.
• Respond promptly to requests, concerns and issues from employees through astute operating of Facilities Waterloo DL Mailbox and monitoring of Remedy tickets. Complete tasks or route Remedy Facilities tickets to appropriate personnel, such as Building Coordinators, Building Technicians and IT.
• Arrange security for high-security and C-level areas. Complete Cater requests to obtain required Security-Waterloo escorts for service vendors coming onsite.
• Support optimization of resources and accurate budgeting efforts each fiscal year by closely tracking yearly expenditures and monitoring invoices for monthly contracted costs broken out by vendor.
o Developed expense tracking spreadsheet adopted throughout Facilities Department, preventing over-spending against budget.
• Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in correctly coding hundreds of monthly invoices to appropriate cost center / GL, forwarding for approval by Facilities Managers, and sending to Accounts Payable for processing.
• Work closely with Procurement Department, creating purchase requisitions and purchase orders
SPHERION STAFFING INC
, Contract, SAP Canada Inc., Toronto, ON
• Managed all Facilities activities for 2 buildings (Head Office and Training Office). Supported 200 employees and assumed extra responsibilities when Office Supervisor went on leave.
• Multi-tasked myriad duties, such as handling mail and courier services, distributing parking passes and security badges, generating purchase orders, updating work stations and floor plans, communicating with vendors regarding prices and estimates, approving invoices, and creating annual budgets.
• Saved thousands of dollars per year in office supplies by repeatedly capitalizing on volume discounts.
• Solved $400 billing discrepancy by discovering incorrect coding of courier costs from Montreal office.
• Avoided about $900 in furniture acquisitions by contacting Triversity branch office to locate surplus products.
Qualifications & Certifications
Elliot Lake Secondary School
Rural Planning and Development
University of Guelph