Health And Safety Officer
An adept HSSE Professional with oil and gas construction, commissioning/start up and production experience. I have an enormous ability to develop, implement, monitor and report Health, safety, security and environmental systems and programs. Well skilled in applying the tenet of operational excellent of any HSE system e.g., Gas metering station, pig receiver station, desanding units construction/start up and operations, gas plant ,flow station, water treatment plant, Gas, product and crude oil pipeline installation, marine facilities etc. I am a highly motivated, goal oriented person with good understanding of HSE Management system, procedure, assurance, technical/process and environmental safety.
AL RAFEEQ TRADING AND CONTRACTING, Qatar
From September 2013
Participated in the formulation of HSSE policies.
Develop HSSE programs, administer the programs and make changes when necessary.
• Advising management on HSSE policies, practices, and rules affecting the company's operations by maintaining effective interface with project manager, construction manager and client.
• .Review the effectiveness of the company's safety performance, reporting and maintaining HSSE record system,
March 2009 - September 2013
• Responsible for developing safe work plan and execution plan for protecting employee, contractors, visitors and other people our activities may affect.
• Championed for Ashialin goal zero target objectives for projects and operation, and editor for periodic LFI newsletter.
• Maintain the project risk register and follow up on action to prevent/mitigate risk.
• Reviewed and follow up HSSE portion of project EPIC bids.
July 2008 - January 2009
• Participated in accident-incident investigation and reporting
• Conferring with management to identify training needs as to type, extent and scope.
• Identify HSE needs for workforce and liaise with management to ensure that the needs are met.
• Signing and implementation of permit to work system.
• Conducts daily toolbox talk, monthly safety meetings, emergency drills, and audits/inspections.
• Prepare daily reports, weekly and monthly statistics circulate same to departmental heads and client.
February 2007 - October 2007
• Participated in developing safe work plan and project execution plans for protection of employees, sub-contractors, client and visitors.
• Trained more than 250 employee and sub-contractors in basic fire fighting and environmental awareness.
• Established regulation compliance plan in occupational health and safety for production and construction site.
• Interface with governmental environment, civil and communities to obtain construction/ work permit and demonstrate compliance.
• Carryout HSE supervision, performance monitoring and ensure proper documentation of HSSE matters.
November 2007 - June 2008
• Responsible for preparing project HSE plan, programs, safe work practices and procedures for safe execution of project.
• Participated in job hazard analysis, risk assessment, company's policy implementation and journey management plan.
• Participated in equipment/facility inspection and audits
• Conducts safety briefings, emergency drills, and ensures that safe work procedures are followed.
September 2004 - January 2007
• Responsible for monitoring and verification of compliance.
• Prepare, review job hazard analysis with the crew on site and enforce the application.
• Ensure that necessary permit to work is on site and implemented.
• Responsible for equipment, facility, personnel audits and certification.
• Conducts toolbox talk, cascades lateral learning from incident and share lessons, conducts drills, trainings and monthly HSE meetings.
List of Projects Executed
1. Escravos-Lagos 30” Gas pipeline installation ELP- 1 (Land and River crossing for ZAKHEM/NGC
2. Fabrication, installation and hooking up of 20” gas pipeline @ Iganmu de-sanding unit for DSV/GASLINK Lagos.
3. Fabrication, installation and commissioning of Madaghor manifold and tie-in of 18”gas piping to the pig receiver station for ZAKHEM/NGC.
4. Tow-in of floating compressor barges of Dibi and Olero flow station for Chevron Nigeria
5. Fabrication and installation of pig receiver station @ Oben node for ZAKHEM/ NGC
6. Procurement, fabrication, and installations of gas metering station for ZAKHEM/NGC @ Geregu, Ajuokuta.
7. Installation of Opuedebor/Ijala Escravos to Warri 20” gas pipeline.
8. Procurement, fabrication and Installation/ hook up of 18”gas pipeline to Siemens Geregu power plant for early gas supply for ZAKHEM/NGC/NIPP.
9. Laying of 18x1.5km gas sales pipeline, which includes creek/river and road crossing @ Geregu
10. Repair Of ESC-WWR 24” Crude oil Pipeline @ Kolokologbene for PPMC
11. EELP -2 36’’ 25Km Gas pipeline installation which includes river and road crossing using horizontal directional drilling (HDD) rig,
12. Nembe creek-Cawthorne channel trunk line replacement (NCTL Spread A) Installation/Laying of 24” and 12” pipeline in Nember swamp location for NESTOIL/SHELL NIGERIA
13. Makaraba vandalized 16” pipe line replacement for Chevron, Warri
14. Repair of vandalized portion and de- bottlenecking of 6” Ovhor Bulk line at Amaukpe flow station for SPDC West.
15. Supply, Installation and Commissioning of L.V Cables at SPDC East I.A Porharcourt Data centre for Shell Nigeria;
16. Decommissioning and upgrading of medical incinerator building at Crawford creek IA Ogunu Warri for Shell Nigeria.
17. Pipeline Replacement in Well 12 gas lifeline in Affiesere location for Shell Nigeria.
18. .Construction of 6 numbers, 2 bedroom bungalows, teachers’ quarter at Erumukwariem for Shell Nigeria Warri as part of community development program.
19.Repair of vandalized 24” PPMC Crude oil pipeline from Escravos – Warri
20. Construction of cottage hospital at Kokodiagbene for Shell Nigeria as part of their community development program.
21. Maintenance of Opukabar flow station, water treatment plant and laying of 4” water pipeline, linking the pipeline to Opukabar and its Environs for Chevron Nigeria
22. . Removal / tow-out of compressor floating barges NCS &SCS OF Olero and Dibi flow station for Chevron Nigeria (Warri)
23. Refurbishing/Maintenance of floating compressor section of NCS and SCS flow stations of Olero/Dibi for chevron
Qualifications & Certifications
Energy and Petroleum Economics
Delta State University Abraka
Delta State University
The Federal Polytechnic
Skillpages has been acquired by Bark.com!
Bark.com is pioneering the way people find local services. Skillpages is the world’s premier directory of service providers.Find out more