nuclear welding certs [ in date ],,,asme 9 certs,, national craft cert,,orbital certs, Lloyds of london certs[ in date ] nuclear safety awareness training.
stainless steal, carbon ,inconell, chromoly, super duplex, hastalloy, aluminum,
From October 2012
Description: The Welder is responsible for:
• Establishing a good working relationship with managers, supervisors and support staff and colleagues to ensure the efficient performance of
• Ensure that assigned tasks are performed to relevant procedures,
specifications and drawings are adhered to.
• Ensure that welding and repairs are performed in a safe and skilled
manner using correct procedures and consumables.
• Selection, inspection and use of equipment plant and tools appropriate to the task.
• Safe operation of overhead cranes as required.
• Ensure that a permit to work is obtained where necessary.
• Responsible for maintaining good housekeeping in the work area and reporting any hazards using the companies HOC card system
• Responsible for first line inspection of work to ensure it is of good
• The application of all relevant environmental/quality/safety procedures in the performance of assigned tasks and report any non-conformities to immediate supervisor.
• Assisting in general tasks throughout the fabrication facilities as deemed
necessary by management.
• Compliance with and commitment to:
Isleburn Quality Policy and Quality Management System Procedures
Isleburn Health, Safety & Environmental Policy and Procedures
January 2010 - June 2011
Description: Orbital Welding of stainless steel pipe and tube sizes ranging from 12' to ½'.
HOWDEN BC Compressors
January 2009 - September 2009
Description: Manual welding of carbon and stainless steel pipe.
HARMAC Mechanical Services
March 2008 - August 2008
Description: Fitting out of C&D factory in Edgeworthstown, Co. Longford.
Michael Higgins Engineering
March 2007 - December 2008
Description: Orbital welding of compressed clean air system from Elanco Animal Health Care in Sligo
100% scoped for job specification.
April 2007 - December 2007
Description: Worked for Cellate Caribbean on the islands of Barbados and St.Vincents.
June 2006 - April 2007
Description: General duties.
January 2006 - June 2006
Description: Orbital welding for pharmaceutical industry. Also manual welding for high specification
stainless steel tube and pipe work.
Trip Nine Stainless Pty Ltd
January 2005 - December 2005
Description: 1 year travelling where I worked with Trip Nine Stainless Pty Ltd in Austrialia. I became
proficient in building high purity skids.
August 2003 - December 2004
Description: Worked for a number of major engineering companies including Mercury, Lynch's. HA
O'Neill on site in Ireland. These sites included:
• Wyeth's Pharmaceutical
• Intel, Lexilip
• Eli Lilly
• Abbott Ireland
• Bulmers Brewery
• Takeda Pharmaceutical & Tara Mines
October 2002 - March 2003
Description: Involved in the fabrication and welding of hastelloy chutes which were polished to a very
high standard and an electro-polishing process.
PAT RYAN Engineering
Up to July 2002
Description: Successfully completed all aspects of apprenticeship of Fitter during which time I became
very familiar in working with and welding of brass and aluminium.
Qualifications & Certifications
national craft cert
Cork / Limerick I.T