- Full time
- Part time
- One time
My teamwork experience is extensive, as well as working with diverse cultures and personnel, that has given me the interpersonal skills and knowledge to tackle some of the most challenging and rewarding situations and given me the ability to manage and lead teams effectively. At the same time, I have also been involved in administration roles that have allowed me to work independently to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads and time management skills. I have recently successfully completed a Diploma of Management (TAFE) that harnesses these skills and knowledge and enhances my work practices to succeed in any environment. Included in the Diploma are the modules Ensure a Safe Workplace (BSBOHS509A) and Manage Risk (BSBRSK501B), which included recent WHS legislation changes in 2012. I am currently studying Certificate IV in Work, Health and Safety through TAFE NSW. In 2010 I successfully completed Certificate IV in TAE Training and Assessment which gives me qualifications in managing recruitment, selection and deployment of staff. I successfully owned my own business in Ballina for 12 years, which included employing and training staff, including disabled and long term unemployed.
I am a qualified Motor Mechanic and have spent close to 25 years in the automotive industry. My experience and training in WHS matters is extensive and knowledgeable. My business experience allowed me to become efficient in all facets of the requirements of running an office, with the associated computer operations, excellent communication and problem solving skills, including a friendly and outgoing personality. Over those years I had many thousands of telephone and face to face dealings with members of the public which allowed me to identify, develop and maintain a strong customer base, and am quite comfortable in any dealings that require decision making, diplomacy, organisation and all forms of communication. I am confident that my transferable skills would be an asset to anyone
Department of Juvenile Justice
NSW Attorney General's Department
From July 2008
• Provide care and supervision in accordance with relevant legislation and departmental policies and procedures.
• Mentor young boys and girls in choosing a positive alternative to their offending behaviour.
• Being an appropriate role model to young people in detention in terms of dress, language and behaviour.
• Maintain security operations of a custodial environment, including the use of handcuffs, radio equipment and keys, use of force protective riot wear including shields and helmets.
• Work as part of a team to help break the juvenile crime cycle and to assist in successful reintegration of young people back into the community.
• Maintain casework notes and files through communication with colleagues, DET and Justice Health, and liaise through them to Community Juvenile Justice Offices.
• Promoting safe work practices, ensuring a safe working environment and observing all responsibilities related to OH&S as outlined in the organisational safety policy.
• I have a thorough knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures, guidelines and legislation relating to Juvenile Justice.
• Extensive experience and ability to work, motivate, support and communicate effectively with detainees with challenging behaviour.
• Demonstrated ability to manage teams and demonstrated conflict resolution skills, negotiation, liaison, problem solving and advocacy skills (on behalf of detainees).
• Ability to implement and monitor service delivery of detainee case plans
Lismore Family Law Court
Up to July 2008
• Returned to Australia after Nauru to rejoin Ballina Airport and to oversee the implementation of full-time security installed throughout Australia in the Family Law Courts.
• High level of client liaison with screening of persons and baggage as well as undertaking searches for weapons and prohibited items.
• Liaise with Federal Magistrates, Judges, State and Federal Police in sometimes heated and/or hostile Family Law environments.
• Prepare clear, concise and detailed evidence-based reports and information in relation to incidents, alarms and breaches.
• Ability to work and be an effective team member in an innovative, demanding and time-critical environment, and also to work without supervision.
Chubb Protection Services / Nauru
• Oversee the safety and day-to-day general health and well-being of illegal migrants sent to this detention centre who are seeking to gain visas into Australia.
• Total loss-prevention of the project's equipment, including building materials, food, medicinal supplies and clothing.
• Maintenance of project's de-salination plants, generator/electricity and fuel supplies.
Training and induction of new staff
Chubb Protection Services / Ballina Airport
• Compulsory Passenger Security screening for Jet propelled aircraft is a Federal Government Department of Transport requirement.
• High level of communication skills, excellent practical skills and training in security, alarm, disaster and fire risk management.
• Customer service and professional presentation to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers.
• Licences for 1st Aid, Dangerous Goods and Aviation Customer Service, as well as high level security clearance, are mandatory for this select position.
• Electronic, X-ray and physical checks or random explosive trace detection testing of passengers boarding flights leaving Ballina.
Lismore Base Hospital
• Assigned as a team the task of organising and rolling out security for this large campus.
• Cash escorts, out of hours escort of staff, duress/medical and fire response team, client / patient special care guarding including high risk psychiatric and drug and alcohol patients, campus lockup and unlock, as well as general security duties involving surveillance and patrols on foot and in a company vehicle.
• High degree of communication with Supervisors, Management, Police, Ambulance, Fire Brigade, Clinical staff and substance abuse clients.
• Clear, concise and thorough oral and written communication skills.
• Follow defined workplace health, safety and injury management policies and procedures related to work being undertaken.
• Understanding, knowledge and awareness of Equal Employment Opportunities and Anti-Discrimination and Ethnic and cultural diversity, as well as other Legislative Acts pertinent to NSW Health Care.
• Lead by example and motivation as new recruits join the team.
Manager / Owner
• Firstly managed, and then in 1994, purchased the business.
• Opened second outlet in Coffs Harbour as a result of increased market share.
• Pursuit of innovative products and cost control also saw an increase in markets and further positive sales results.
• High level of staff training to management level, as well as supervising and receive, despatch and deliveries.
• Demonstrated ability to work intensive hours over extended periods.
• Achieve great job satisfaction from seeing a project through to completion.
• Adapt to changing environments and conditions easily, multitasking.
• Initiating working business relationships, direct client relationship management.
• Business administration, GST and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook Express, Works, Quickbooks).
Parts and Accessories Manager
Office equipment technician
Sidney Pincombe Office Machines
Apprentice Motor Mechanic / Motor Mechanic
Davidson Motors, Nissan, Suzuki Dealer
Qualifications & Certifications
Diploma of Management
TAFE (Taree) Diploma of Management
North Sydney TAFE College