I have skills on interpret design drawings of road, bridges, building, wharfs and built or supervise it to specification. I can also have the skills of setting out of any built infrastructures.
I have the skills of doing survey work land and engineering survey.
Understanding in road designing and structure standards.
From February 2010
(NZ) & Southern Queensland University (Aus)- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) - Correspondence
* Study through partnerships between Open Polytechnic (NZ) & Southern Queensland University for a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) by correspondence.
* Currently seeking employment opportunities while studying to keep and upgrade my skills, experience and knowledge of civil engineering construction, consultants, project management, surveying, site engineer/manager, project engineer.
* I will be of benefit to any employer regarding field problem solving in tight situations, I can provide management of works to contract specification, infrastructure construction supervision, bid preparation financial and technical proposals, estimate project quantity, attention to detail, interpretation of drawings, provide advise if require, with a strong attitude of nothing is impossible, and willing to listen and work in a team environment.
Civil Engineer Consultant / Civil Division Manager / Assistant Chief Executive Officer
Samoa Ports Authority
January 2006 - December 2009
Samoa Ports Authority was established to operate as a self funding, commercially viable organisation, required to ensure that the ports and maritime needs of Samoa are met in an effective, efficient and timely manner.
Involved in the following Specific Projects:
* Aliepata one thousand tonne slipway
* 20 metre domestic ramp
* 120 metre wharfs extension incorporating channel dredging, causeway reclamation and widening the compound to accommodate onshore slipway and port facility structures.
* Coordinating with an international slipway expert regarding the specific details preceding the installation of the slipway.
* Supervising the Civil Division Teams including Welders, Mechanics, Electricians, Carpenters, Machine Operators, Divers and piling team.
* Designing and supervising construction of the new wharf extension including supporting facilities such as workshop and domestic terminal located within the wharf compound.
* Estimating, managing and monitoring projects multi million dollar budgets.
* Reporting to CEO, Chairman and Board of Directors on project progress and variations.
* Setting out, constructed and installation of Slipway shelter and offshore submerge structure.
Project Manager / Civil Engineer / Divisional Manager
Samoa Ports Authority
February 2006 - August 2007
Role: Project Manager / Civil Engineer / Divisional Manager
* Apia Marina and Floating Restaurant
* Preparation and compiling of tender documentation, invitation of tender to local contractors, evaluating tenders and supervising construction for the construction of a wave breaker wall.
* Supervising excavation of Marina basin.
* Supervising construction and field design work in the conversion of a fishing boat to a floating restaurant.
* Managed and monitored the projects 6 million dollar budget.
* Supervising, setting out and hands on assistance in the installation of pontoons, wave breaker seawall and pile works.
* Salelologa wharf extension involving the dredging and widening of the channel and turning basin, reclaiming a causeway for the wharf extension to accommodate small container vessels.
* Preparation of site information including bore hole profiles, normal wind direction and container vessel profiles for submission to private consultants specifying design requirements within approved budget.
* Supervised and assisted in the construction of a 110metre x 6 metre wharf extension including instructing construction team on the appropriate methods for constructing concrete beam formwork, weaving and installation of reinforcement in accordance to the design.
* Supervised the pile driving operation including the inspection of the pile joint welding work and applying the Hilery Formula when in point of refusion.
* Managed and monitored the 3 million dollar project budget.
Shaw Contracting Pty Ltd
April 2005 - January 2006
Shaw Contracting is a leader in Tasmania's civil construction, earthmoving and contract mining industries. Shaw Contracting directly employs a team of professional engineers who work closely with a strong design team to offer clients a complete project-oriented package, handling every task, from design concept to practical completion.
* West Coast Road (Faleolo Airport Road) Rehabilitation Project
* Supervising and hands on roading construction, sealing and drainage field works.
* Contract Managing and monitoring the 20 million dollar budget.
* Assisted company in the estimated costing for a bid for a fifty million roading project.
Site Engineer / Supervisor
Ah Liki Construction
November 2004 - March 2005
* Fagalii Box Culvert Bridge and Falefa Bridge
* Telecommunication pipes ducting installation
* Coordinated with client engineering representatives regarding construction and requirements as specified in the design.
* Supervised construction work and ensured that the construction and roading teams are adhering to specifications.
* Supervised and installed ducting pipes for telecommunication client.
Surveyor / Engineer
January 2004 - February 2004
* Proposed Seawalls Survey
Assist Local Contracts
Tanielu Engineering, Samoa
July 2003 - September 2003
Role: Self Employed
* Installation of galvanised pipe for the Samoan Water Authority
* Assist Local Contracts on their bid estimates cost for their tender proposal.
Project Manager/Site Engineer/Supervisor
AMS Consultant Ltd
From April 2001
* Robert Louis Stevenson Museum Fence Project (Samoa) (April 2001 - 2002)
* Supervision of Kiwi and Sinamoga Bridge ( May 2002 - 2003)
* Supervision of Fonofou and Saleufi Footpath and Drainage Works. (May 2002 - 2003):
* Responsible on supervision of construction work including provision of legal survey of 37 acre Estate.
* Responsible for setting out, concrete formwork, concrete quality reinforcing steels and supervision of sub-contractors.
* Provision of contract supervision services carrying out daily site visits and overview of progress with particular attention to ensuring contractors adherence to the design and construction drawings and specification.
Chief Engineer Operation
Ministry of Works
and now known as Land Transport Authority (2009 - present))
Water / Site Engineer / Supervisor
AMS Consultant Ltd
April 1999 - April 2001
* Water Supply Consolidation Project, Apia, Samoa ( April 1999 - April 2001)
* Responsible on verification of the reticulation system in urban Apia; supervision of installation of all water meters within the town area; Inspection of PRV and treatment plants; carried out of pressure measurement of pipes.
After I had returned from New Zealand, Public Works Department was under the World Bank Institutional Strengthening project scheme and a restructuring process was in progress. I held various senior positions within the PWD Civil Division before I was appointed as Chief Engineer Operation in Sept. 1997. I was responsible for the following:
* Responsible for the merging of the Civil Division and Plant Pool under the Operation Division which responsible for Construction /Maintenance / Sealing works for the country. This happened after the restructuring of the Civil Division which I was appointed as a Chief Engineer Operation.
* Responsible for preparing, administered, operating and monitoring the Division annually Budget.
* Responsible for contract management (monitoring, supervision and inspection) of World Bank construction works such as Footpath and Resealing.
* Responsible for running of construction maintenance and road resealing section operations and annual reports and monitoring each sections budgets throughout the year.
* Advised the Director of Works and the Minister on construction/maintenance and resealing works as required to be executed by the section.
* Responsible for requesting overseas orders of materials required for construction/maintenance/resealing works by the Department (such as bitumen, explosives, equipments etc).
* Counterpart to the expat Design / Construction Engineer and Managing the Design / Survey Section operations, Drawing up of contracts for various jobs involving the Department and Coastal management; Inspected and supervised construction/maintenace and the road resealing works required under the section's budget in Upolu Island.
* Design / Surveying roadworks regarding the used of Civilcad and Autocad software.
TSE Group Ltd
December 1990 - December 1993
* Involved in various survey works such as levelling, topographical survey work; contouring drawing; and also involved in legal survey and contract supervision for a 40 Lot Sub-division Project in Nelson District (Kaiteriteri), New Zealand
* PROJECT INVOLVEMENT SUMMARY - 2002:
* Traffic survey field work for Beca International Ltd(NZ).
responsible for setting out of bridge site, and proposed supermarket centre engineering survey for design purposes; engaged on the original survey of a very contraversial and priority contract survey work at the eastern main road (Le Mafa Pass); involved in surveying and construction supervision of the rural areas shore protection wall; and plan adjustments, setting out and construction supervision of western coastal main road rural highway of Upolu Island(Samoa).
Chief Engineer Operation
Public Works Department
December 1984 - April 1999
Apia, Samoa (1984 - 1999)
* Assistant Surveyor - responsible for training and supervision of staff members and casual workers; assisting the senior surveyor on large projects involving the department; responsible for contract survey works on various roadworks within the town and rural areas; and worked on town drainage system and town street sign inspection
Qualifications & Certifications
Bachelor of Civil Engineer
Open Polytechnic (NZ) and Southern Queensland University